• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your saved as soon as you accept jesus.

Theodore A. Jones

i accept jesus, but not paul...
am i saved or do you mean just accept an interpretation of how we should believe in jesus
Have cake and eat it too? Marvelous. Friend if you don't have it explained to you what the apostle Paul means by what he teaches youse ain't never accepted what Jesus teaches either.

AllanV

When you say we are to keep Jesus' words, what do you think that means? Do you think that Jesus wants you to merely remember what he says, or to OBEY what he says?

We have to OBEY Jesus, or you are not saved.
I am obeying Him in word but I f I took up His nature and was fully energized and in His Love I would not be able to write on this forum. Comprehension and using own mind power and intellect draws me back into my old nature.
It is better at the moment to relate things because if I walked liked Jesus I could be killed or put into psychiatric care or other such situations and I do not have any one that will support that quest.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
"Those who accepted His message were baptized and about three thousand were added to their number that day." Acts 2:41
Ain't there some kinda small narrow gate you've gotta have the faith to use, but very few ever find it?
BTW "their" in your OP's last line needs to be they're the contraction of "they are".
by the same token, just doing a bunch of ceremony, or reading a lot of verses is going to save? So, goes both ways.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Hinduism and Buddhism have many different variations too. Judaism doesn't seem to have too many though, neither does Islam (only 3 or 4?). Christianity seems to have the most. It all really started with Martin Luther. Before that, most heretics were executed, so it was simple to keep the faith in check and in line.
Traditionally there are some big differences between the major churches in Europe. It's actually very recently that the Orthodox and catholic churches have teamed up on some issues. Luther, that's true, but we are really going back pretty far there. Islam is newer, but there are some general 'tenets' that seem consistent, true. But even within Islam there are differences.

Yes

Oh how I love the Word of God!
My questions were simple, Yes.....they require simple answers.

What is God's kingdom?

How does it "come"

What will it do for suffering humanity that would be "good news" for them?

Surely you can see that your response did not answer these in any way? :oops:

If you want to know what Jesus says, then get his teachings from the Bible and obey them, and then you will have understanding.

Yes

Prove to me, without the bible, that Jesus even really existed AND was a direct son of a deity (of course also proving that there not only is a deity but that the one you believe in is that deity) and then perhaps you can have some claim to work with in the first place.

One, I haven't "spoken against Jesus", I haven't really even made any comment about Jesus (were I even to believe in that particular mythological pantheon at all), your whole trip out upon me was that I said that the character of Satan didn't exist and that the Abrahamic god already covered all the bad stuff and so the need for "Satan" was moot. Merely a scapegoat.

What is wrong with you? How many times do I have to say it?
If you want to know what Jesus says, get his teachings from the Bible.
If you want to have understanding, then do what Jesus says.

Last edited:

Yes

I am obeying Him in word but I f I took up His nature and was fully energized and in His Love I would not be able to write on this forum. Comprehension and using own mind power and intellect draws me back into my old nature.
It is better at the moment to relate things because if I walked liked Jesus I could be killed or put into psychiatric care or other such situations and I do not have any one that will support that quest.
You have to be more careful, as the scripture says.
You obviously were not careful, because you do not have understanding. In fact, you go against those who do have understanding.

1 Timothy 4:16 Watch your life and doctrine closely. Persevere in them, because if you do, you will save both yourself and your hearers.

AllanV

You have to be more careful, as the scripture says.
You obviously were not careful, because you do not have understanding. In fact, you go against those who do have understanding.

1 Timothy 4:16 Watch your life and doctrine closely. Persevere in them, because if you do, you will save both yourself and your hearers.

Notice the scripture says hearers and not readers.

You do not have that much to offer you are divisive and confrontational.

Yes

Notice the scripture says hearers and not readers.

You do not have that much to offer you are divisive and confrontational.

You are so confused and I am so trying to help you.

Tell me, WHEN YOU READ SOMETHING---DO YOU NOT HEAR it in your head?

We can hear the words of God in the Bible when we read them ourselves, or we can hear them when someone else reads them to us.

Theodore A. Jones

by the same token, just doing a bunch of ceremony, or reading a lot of verses is going to save? So, goes both ways.
Didn't say reading a lot of verses is going to save bub. Didn't say doing a bunch of ceremony saves bub. What is said is unless you've obeyed the same law exactly the same Way those people who accepted His message did, you ain't gonna make it. Catch my drift?

Draka

Wonder Woman
What is wrong with you? How many times do I have to say it?
If you want to know what Jesus says, get his teachings from the Bible.
If you want to have understanding, then do what Jesus says.
And I'm saying to prove those beings exist, and are exactly what you claim them to be, without using your holy scriptures. Give me a reason, a fact based, evidenced reason to even bother with attempting to gain "understanding". Unless you can prove that these beings are factually real outside of your scriptures then why would I have any inclination to do what you say? Circular reasoning doesn't work here. You simply can't tell someone to read something to get proof of something else when the thing they are reading only validates itself.

This is the "Word of God" because it says it is and since it is the "Word of God" then it is truth therefore it is the truth that this is the "Word of God". Very circular reasoning. So prove your claim without it.

AllanV

You are so confused and I am so trying to help you.

Tell me, WHEN YOU READ SOMETHING---DO YOU NOT HEAR it in your head?

We can hear the words of God in the Bible when we read them ourselves, or we can hear them when someone else reads them to us.

I do not hear words or talking in my head. I think out of a different mind. My thoughts are not the usual thoughts of humans. Whole concepts come into my thoughts without any effort.
This can be blocked off to some degree when writing.

JayJayDee

Avid JW Bible Student
If you want to know what Jesus says, then get his teachings from the Bible and obey them, and then you will have understanding.

Ah...the standard repeated answer from one who has no answer. :oops:

You are berating those ones you say have no understanding when you yourself are lacking in the most basic Biblical teaching.

The questions were simple...the answers are simple also.

The kingdom was the theme of Jesus' entire ministry.....so what is it?

If you can't answer...just say so. o_O

Yes

Ah...the standard repeated answer from one who has no answer. :oops:
You are not speaking the truth about me.
I give answers.
You are berating those ones you say have no understanding when you yourself are lacking in the most basic Biblical teaching.
Do you know what a hypocrite is? You have just gave an example. You have done nothing but lie and berate me. I do not do what you falsely accuse me of doing. You do what you claim I do.

You are attacking me after I told you something most do not know. I am sharing with you something revealed to me from God.

This is what I said in answer to your post:

Seek God and you will find Him, if you search for Him with all your heart
We search for God by getting Jesus' teachings.
We find by obeying Jesus ' teachings.
Obey Jesus' teachings, and then you can know the truth.
Do you want scripture references?

You will have life if you obey Jesus. Jesus is the Way.
\Ah...the standard repeated answer from one who has no answer. :oops:

I answered you, but you are as a blind person who can only berate me.

Yes

I do not hear words or talking in my head. I think out of a different mind. My thoughts are not the usual thoughts of humans. Whole concepts come into my thoughts without any effort.
This can be blocked off to some degree when writing.
Again, when you read with your mind, you HEAR the words. When you read aloud, you hear what you read.

Yes

And I'm saying to prove those beings exist, and are exactly what you claim them to be, without using your holy scriptures. Give me a reason, a fact based, evidenced reason to even bother with attempting to gain "understanding".

If you do not want to know if what Jesus says in the Holy Bible is true or not---then don't bother with it. In addition, if you do not want to know if what Jesus says is true or not---then don't tell people what you think about Jesus. Why do we need to hear people's worthless rude opinions?

Unless you can prove that these beings are factually real outside of your scriptures then why would I have any inclination to do what you say? Circular reasoning doesn't work here. You simply can't tell someone to read something to get proof of something else when the thing they are reading only validates itself.
This is the "Word of God" because it says it is and since it is the "Word of God" then it is truth therefore it is the truth that this is the "Word of God". Very circular reasoning. So prove your claim without it.

Where do you get this from? I do not tell anyone ever to just believe and do nothing. I preach obedience to Christ.

JayJayDee

Avid JW Bible Student
You are not speaking the truth about me.
I give answers.

Do you know what a hypocrite is? You have just gave an example. You have done nothing but lie and berate me. I do not do what you falsely accuse me of doing. You do what you claim I do.

You are attacking me after I told you something most do not know. I am sharing with you something revealed to me from God.

This is what I said in answer to your post:

Seek God and you will find Him, if you search for Him with all your heart
We search for God by getting Jesus' teachings.
We find by obeying Jesus ' teachings.
Obey Jesus' teachings, and then you can know the truth.
Do you want scripture references?

You will have life if you obey Jesus. Jesus is the Way.

I answered you, but you are as a blind person who can only berate me.

Oh dear...this speaks volumes. :(

Can't argue with someone who believes that questions are attacks. I lie and berate? o_O When have I done that?

Do I know what a hypocrite is ? Hmmm I believe that they are among us here. Do you know what humility is? :oops:

In that tirade did you happen to mention what the kingdom of God is, and how it "comes" and what it will do for suffering humanity that is "good news" ?

Didn't think so. :rolleyes:

Yes

Oh dear...this speaks volumes. :(

Can't argue with someone who believes that questions are attacks. I lie and berate? o_O When have I done that?

Do I know what a hypocrite is ? Hmmm I believe that they are among us here. Do you know what humility is? :oops:

In that tirade did you happen to mention what the kingdom of God is, and how it "comes" and what it will do for suffering humanity that is "good news" ?

Didn't think so. :rolleyes:

You just want to keep berating me. I will ignore these kinds of posts from you.

Yes

The kingdom of heaven comes to those who obey Jesus. That is how we receive the Holy Spirit and have the kingdom of God within us.

JayJayDee

Avid JW Bible Student
The kingdom of heaven comes to those who obey Jesus. That is how we receive the Holy Spirit and have the kingdom of God within us.
No one is berating you.....but you don't seem to notice that you berate others. You cannot force your beliefs down people's throats. Offer them by all means but don't assume that everyone has to accept what you say as if you can't be wrong. :eek:

The kingdom is not something within us. The scripture to which you refer (Luke 17:21) is Jesus responding to the Pharisees. He was not saying that the kingdom was "within" those wicked hearts.

These are the ones of whom Jesus said...."This people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far removed from me. It is in vain that they keep worshipping me, for they teach commands of men as doctrines.’” (Matt15:9)

When Jesus said that the kingdom was "within" (alternately rendered "among you" or "in your midst" NIV, ESV) he was referring to himself as the king of God's kingdom walking right among them but they failed to recognise him.

Please climb down off your high horse and respond with some courtesy.
I think you are a little carried away by your own opinions. o_O