• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your saved as soon as you accept jesus.

Yes

Oh how I love the Word of God!
John 14:23 "If any one loves me," replied Jesus, "he will obey my teaching; and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.

dust1n

Zindīq
No matter, it is still calling God a liar. That is what He says.

I guess I'll take it up with him when the time comes.

He died for you. How much more do you want?

People die for others all the time. Admirable, admittedly, but not unique, nor does it save anyone from eventual death.

dust1n

Zindīq
Are you saying you are thirsty for the Lord?

I'm saying I just finished my six-pack, but if Jesus is going to show-up with a couple tallboys last minute, I'm down.

But he won't, so I'll just get on with my night.

Yes

I'm saying I just finished my six-pack, but if Jesus is going to show-up with a couple tallboys last minute, I'm down.

But he won't, so I'll just get on with my night.
I understand.

ThePainefulTruth

Romantic-Cynic
People think there is some process to go through, but it isn't the case. All one has to do is accept Jesus, and their saved. No magic ceremonies required.

Thanks

What happened to all those before Jesus, or happens to those too young (from conception to ?), or those with limited mental capabilities? And besides, can anyone, even a god, die for your failure to repent?

Yes

What happened to all those before Jesus, or happens to those too young (from conception to ?), or those with limited mental capabilities? And besides, can anyone, even a god, die for your failure to repent?
Those who are given much, much more is demanded of them. Those with mental disabilities have not been given much, so then, much less will be demanded of them. They might not have the peace of the knowledge of the Lord in this life, but God does not hold them accountable.

Those who died before Jesus...the righteous who died before Jesus went to a better place than the others. They went to Abraham's bosom. They watched from above the gospel given, and were made perfect by the shed blood of Jesus.

Those who died before Jesus and sinned...after Jesus died on the cross, he went to where those spirits were, to the spirits in prison, the spirits of those who disobeyed, even long ago.

Jesus preached to them so that they could obey God in their spirit.

If you want scripture references to anything that I said, just ask.

AllanV

Those who are given much, much more is demanded of them. Those with mental disabilities have not been given much, so then, much less will be demanded of them. They might not have the peace of the knowledge of the Lord in this life, but God does not hold them accountable.

Those who died before Jesus...the righteous who died before Jesus went to a better place than the others. They went to Abraham's bosom. They watched from above the gospel given, and were made perfect by the shed blood of Jesus.

Those who died before Jesus and sinned...after Jesus died on the cross, he went to where those spirits were, to the spirits in prison, the spirits of those who disobeyed, even long ago.

Jesus preached to them so that they could obey God in their spirit.

If you want scripture references to anything that I said, just ask.

This is what is wrong with Christians they do not know which category they are in. They are active in their own personality and find no need for change.
They base everything on their interpretation of the Bible and loose the fact it is about a spiritual experience.
God is not in a multitude of words coming from a messed up personality.

The nature and mind of Jesus must be found and God will energize the Love in it.
God is an energizing Spirit.

Cephus

Relentlessly Rational

Heck, what happens to all of us who once accepted Jesus, but have realized it's all a load of bunk? Assuming it ends up being true, are we still saved?

Yes

This is what is wrong with Christians they do not know which category they are in. They are active in their own personality and find no need for change.
They base everything on their interpretation of the Bible and loose the fact it is about a spiritual experience.
God is not in a multitude of words coming from a messed up personality.

The nature and mind of Jesus must be found and God will energize the Love in it.
God is an energizing Spirit.
You have not disproved anything that I said.