• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your saved as soon as you accept jesus.

Yes

Oh how I love the Word of God!
Where have I put down Jesus? Where have I called you a liar? Where have I called you worthless? Where have I put you down personally? (Examples would be nice).

I have no judgement against anyone. Only questions. You're Chrstian, you believe in Jesus and have your opinions about what the right way is to worship him, and follow the path of Christianity. Cool.

--You realize that I believe Jesus existed right? You realize that I was asking questions, solely for the purpose of discussion right? You realize that this entire time, you have spent attacking me, I have never once attacked you or said that your views are wrong, or that jesus did not exist, or that he wasn't a path to salvation.

You are reading way too much into my intentions, because I questioned you. That's a very revealing character trait.--
Why are you quoting, as if to you, what I said to dantech?

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
Why does a person 'have to be saved by Jesus'? Why is there only one path up the mountain? Why is it that we can't all find our own path, as long as we are not harming others?

Why can a person not follow a different version of Jesus? There have been many saviors throughout religious history.

Why Christianity? Why not Buddhism, Hinduism, Shinto, Sikhism, Bahai'i, or Ancient Sumerian?

AllanV

Why does a person 'have to be saved by Jesus'? Why is there only one path up the mountain? Why is it that we can't all find our own path, as long as we are not harming others?

Why can a person not follow a different version of Jesus? There have been many saviors throughout religious history.

Why Christianity? Why not Buddhism, Hinduism, Shinto, Sikhism, Bahai'i, or Ancient Sumerian?

It is important to find His nature and God will energize the Love in that nature. This will lead all the way to immortality. The offer is there but can it be understood.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
It is important to find His nature and God will energize the Love in that nature. This will lead all the way to immortality. The offer is there but can it be understood.

Thank you for the reply. I don't really understand. But I appreciate the candid answer. And I am not positive that this completely answers my questions.

What if I have found 'His' nature (I believe I have), but it has lead me away from Christianity? I have found what you are explaining, as best as I can gather. But it is/was not through Jesus, or God.

AllanV

Thank you for the reply. I don't really understand. But I appreciate the candid answer. And I am not positive that this completely answers my questions.

What if I have found 'His' nature (I believe I have), but it has lead me away from Christianity? I have found what you are explaining, as best as I can gather. But it is/was not through Jesus, or God.
To be honest Modern Christianity does not understand this and they are different.

Mat 12:34 O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.

Mat 15:11 Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.

Mat 15:18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.

It is important not to sit listening to any of them. Derek Prince was okay, he was partly there but no one else. He has passed on though.

Yes

Acts 4:12 Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved."

Yes

I haven't been on this forum for a while but in the last couple of weeks the equivalent of a book has been written.
Do you have a testimony about the time you were saved, and did you post it so I can read it?

Yes

Some people can't read .. or they have insufficient knowledge to understand what it really means !
You do NOT have to understand to obey. You will get understanding after you obey. That is what the Bible says.

As for those who do not know how to read, then they can learn how, or have someone read to them.

Cephus

Relentlessly Rational
You don't have to join a church to know God's Truth. In fact, you will probably get false information that way.

How can you show that information I might get from you is any more true than information I might get from someone else?

Cephus

Relentlessly Rational
Tell me what you did.

Well, I thought I did anyhow, someone, I thought it was you, told me to join a church and be baptized. Mission accomplished. Is there something different you want me to do?

Yes

Well, I thought I did anyhow, someone, I thought it was you, told me to join a church and be baptized. Mission accomplished. Is there something different you want me to do?
I read where you told someone that. I then told you that we do not have to join a church. Is that all you did?

Cephus

Relentlessly Rational
I read where you told someone that. I then told you that we do not have to join a church. Is that all you did?

No, certainly not, but you haven't laid out your "plan" yet, have you? Give it a shot.

Yes

No, you assume your beliefs from the scriptures. You haven't proven the scriptures to be factually correct.
I told you to get Jesus' teachings and obey him, and then Jesus will reveal himself to you.

Here is my proof from the scriptures:

John 14:21 The person who has my commandments and obeys them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and will reveal myself to him."

John 7:17 Anyone who chooses to do the will of God will find out whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own.

I have just proven my beliefs with scripture.