• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your saved as soon as you accept jesus.

serp777

The message has been testified to.
If you want to know for yourself if what Jesus says is true or not, then you have to obey his teachings. I keep telling you what the Bible says you have to do, so then, why don't you just do it...then you will have understanding. I am trying to give you understanding but you won't believe me---so then, find out for yourself.

I have not found a denomination which does not teach some falseness. If there is a denomination you would like to discuss, then start a thread on it.

What rituals do you do, and show where the Bible says to do them.

You mistakenly believe that repenting of sins is merely confessing them. I believed that for many years too, because of my false denomination's teachings.

All you are doing is denying the truth and giving your worthless opinions.

The message has been testified to.
If you want to know for yourself if what Jesus says is true or not, then you have to obey his teachings. I keep telling you what the Bible says you have to do, so then, why don't you just do it...then you will have understanding. I am trying to give you understanding but you won't believe me---so then, find out for yourself.

And I JUST SHOWED YOU numerous passages where unbelievers were persuaded by miracles to believe. I keep telling you the bible says miracles convince unbelievers all the time, so why aren't you accepting what the bible says? I am trying to give you an exact account of the fact that the bible says unbelievers have often been convinced by miracles, so why don't you believe me. So find out for yourself what the bible says for yourself. You're denying what the bible says which isn't Christian.

I have not found a denomination which does not teach some falseness. If there is a denomination you would like to discuss, then start a thread on it.
No, Im just saying you don't have the authority to say which denomination is false or not. Your beliefs are just as false.

What rituals do you do, and show where the Bible says to do them.
How about the commandments and worshiping God on the sabbath? Worshiping is a ritual. Praying is a ritual.

You mistakenly believe that repenting of sins is merely confessing them. I believed that for many years too, because of my false denomination's teachings.
So i guess you have the perfect wisdom and knowledge of correct Christian belief. You have divine special knowledge that tells you denominations are false and that you alone have the correct interpretation.

All you are doing is denying the truth and giving your worthless opinions.

Your opinions and beliefs are equally worthless. Also you're denying the truth and the bible. You reject all of the biblical passages I have shown you and you think that your interpretation alone is valid. No one could convince you of anything. You have a superiority complex that makes you think you are somehow the master of truth. That is delusion.

Theodore A. Jones

Sorry you cannot claim to know what I have done, or what my relationship with Jesus was or was not, you are not me.

I have never said Jesus was false, my question was "What makes Jesus the only path to salvation, why is there not multiple paths?" and "Why can one not follow one of the other Christ-like figures that have arisen throughout history?" I also asked "What is it that I need to be saved from?"

I have not attacked you, called you names, or even belittled your opinions. I asked questions, that you cannot seem to answer and you respond by calling me "worthless, lying, and deceitful." Go ahead and use ad hominems again, and you will be reported again to the Mods.
I can answer your questions correctly. "Yes" can't.

muhammad_isa

Veteran Member
..I have yet to find a single one who ever actually has.

I shouldn't worry yourself about me .. you are the one who has to seek knowledge .. you don't have to believe me or 'yes' or anybody else..

I was raised as C of E (Anglican/Protestant) .. we have to accept everything we are told when we are young, but as we get older we can do our own research .. come to our own conclusions..

..based on logic/reason .. not on a 'mysterious God', and superstition.

I don't believe in coincidences .. I don't believe my life is a coincidence, either :)

Yes

Oh how I love the Word of God!
Why do I have to prove myself to you, so that you can nit-pick and "fix" me? I only need to prove myself to my Gods. Not you personally.

EDIT: I also gave you an answer earlier on. You didn't like it.
You are exposed.

Yes

I did. You said I had to want to know the truth about Jesus. I do want to know the truth about Jesus. Are you now saying that desire is not sufficient? Why do you keep changing your criteria?
You are not speaking the truth. You are also exposed. Stay in falseness then. Right where you should be.

Cephus

Relentlessly Rational
You are not speaking the truth. You are also exposed. Stay in falseness then. Right where you should be.

So I was correct, you're going to try to weasel your way around the inconsistencies in your claims. No surprise there.

Yes

But have you gone outside of your religious beliefs to verify them objectively and rationally? Or do you just have faith? Faith is meaningless when it comes to determining fact.
You are the one who cannot go outside your false beliefs to find the truth. You also say you obeyed Jesus, but you refuse to say how.

Your opinions are worthless

Cephus

Relentlessly Rational
You are the one who cannot go outside your false beliefs to find the truth. You also say you obeyed Jesus, but you refuse to say how.

Your opinions are worthless

You're just mad because I showed you to be a fraud.

Yes

But see, I'm not really interested in what people believe, I care about what they can prove. I care if they can defend their claims about reality and, unfortunately, theists of all stripes cannot do so. None of them can, especially when it comes to the supposed supernatural. Yet they mostly claim that they can and will do all kinds of absurd dance steps to get around the inherent irrationality of what they believe. There's no such thing as "true for you". There's "true" and there's "not true".
I can easily prove my beliefs, but you were afraid of being exposed, and then exposed yourself.

Yes

I shouldn't worry yourself about me .. you are the one who has to seek knowledge .. you don't have to believe me or 'yes' or anybody else..

I was raised as C of E (Anglican/Protestant) .. we have to accept everything we are told when we are young, but as we get older we can do our own research .. come to our own conclusions..

..based on logic/reason .. not on a 'mysterious God', and superstition.

I don't believe in coincidences .. I don't believe my life is a coincidence, either :)
What religion are you?
How have you searched to see if what Jesus says is true?

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
I can answer your questions correctly. "Yes" can't.

Possibly, but after telling me several times to "Check out". I should have "left well enough alone", and "It's gunna be too late for me". Maybe before talking down to another, you should wait to see what they have to say first. Then maybe you can help people along the way to the "proper path."

Thanks for the offer, but I don't want to listen to someone who is condescending.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
The families good but as one moves out into the wider community it becomes something of a battle ground. Some people don't like some of the attributes you mention when they are seen in others.

Also children grow into teenagers and they move around and bring the battle ground to the home.

Possibly not. But I am not out to impress others. I am out to take care of myself, those close to me, and those that I hold dear within the circles listed above.

Kids do grow into teenagers, that is definitely a fact of life. Are you getting at the fact that teens are rebellious by nature? Sure they are, but I don't see ow that correlates to anything.

serp777

You don't have to join a church to know God's Truth. In fact, you will probably get false information that way.
And yet we'll get true information from you? You're so full of yourself. Do you think you're the next great prophet or something?

serp777

You are just another false witness.
You don't really like debating at all do you? Why are you on this forum? Nobody is just going to buy your assertions because you say them. We don't accept your authority or your divine special knowledge. Say something credible or with evidence or with reason and maybe someone will actually respect what you're saying. I'm willing to bet that you haven't convinced a single person. And guess why? Because you're extremely unconvincing.

Cephus

Relentlessly Rational
I can easily prove my beliefs, but you were afraid of being exposed, and then exposed yourself.

Then do it. I say you're lying. Prove me wrong. Prediction: you'll make excuses for why you won't do it.

Cephus

Relentlessly Rational
Of course I could, these are the virtues I have always lived my life by religion or no. But I see no reason not to be religious.

And I see no reason to be religious, given that you can get every demonstrably true thing that you get from religion without it, without having to believe unsupported claims.

Yes

And yet we'll get true information from you? You're so full of yourself. Do you think you're the next great prophet or something?
You do not even know my name I am showing you God's Truth from the Holy Bible.