• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your saved as soon as you accept jesus.

Yes

Oh how I love the Word of God!
You don't really like debating at all do you? Why are you on this forum? Nobody is just going to buy your assertions because you say them. We don't accept your authority or your divine special knowledge. Say something credible or with evidence or with reason and maybe someone will actually respect what you're saying. I'm willing to bet that you haven't convinced a single person. And guess why? Because you're extremely unconvincing.
All Satan has given you to defend his falseness are insults and lies.

I am only trying to help you.

I prove all my beliefs with scripture.

Cephus

Relentlessly Rational
You do not even know my name I am showing you God's Truth from the Holy Bible.

No, you are showing CLAIMS that you INTERPRET as God's Truth from the Bible. You are vastly over-reaching your claims.

Yes

Then do it. I say you're lying. Prove me wrong. Prediction: you'll make excuses for why you won't do it.

I have been telling you how you can know for yourself if what Jesus says is true or not.

I prove what I say. I prove what I say with scripture.

Here is the scripture that says what I have been telling you.

John 7:17 Anyone who chooses to do the will of God will find out whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own.

Yes

No, you are showing CLAIMS that you INTERPRET as God's Truth from the Bible. You are vastly over-reaching your claims.
The scriptures are plain and clear. False teachers and those without understanding have misled you.

Just believe what is written.

Cephus

Relentlessly Rational
I have been telling you how you can know for yourself if what Jesus says is true or not.

I prove what I say. I prove what I say with scripture.

Here is the scripture that says what I have been telling you.

John 7:17 Anyone who chooses to do the will of God will find out whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own.

And I've already said that I tried that and I didn't come to the conclusion that what Jesus said is true. So your claim is faulty because it failed to produce the results you claimed that it would produce. Yet you won't admit that it's faulty, you just keep pretending that it always works.

You're just wrong.

serp777

The scriptures are plain and clear. False teachers and those without understanding have misled you.

Ok, just believe what is written in genesis and exodus then i guess. Slavery is good, women are tools to be used, genocide against the canaanites is acceptable, kill disrespectful children and those family members who are infidels, and stoning homosexuals to death is the will of God. Just believe what is written. YEAH RIGHT.

Cephus

Relentlessly Rational

Maybe they've misled you, you can't prove that your interpretation is at all valid. You are so utterly blinded by your religious fanaticism that you can't step back and actually verify what you're saying objectively or rationally.

serp777

You do not even know my name I am showing you God's Truth from the Holy Bible.
What evidence do you have that you know truth from the bible? Why should I believe your assertions? Mormons say the exact same thing about their interpretations.

LEt me ask again: Are you the next great prophet?

serp777

All Satan has given you to defend his falseness are insults and lies.

I am only trying to help you.

I prove all my beliefs with scripture.
Satan is filling your head with lies. He is making you believe that you know truth when you are deceiving yourself. You call every other denomination false--you are a spawn from Satan meant to destroy Christian denominations.

I am only trying to set to you straight.

You haven't proven anything. You just claim that you know truth and your particular interpretation is correct

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
So it doesn't matter what lies you believe, so long as you can make it work? That's a bit absurd.

You do realize, that I said earlier, that I have a very loose definition of reality right. You can think my views are absurd, you can call me deluded or insane (not saying you did say that, just to clarify). But the fact of the matter is, it doesn't change who or what I believe in. Lies, in your mind, does not make lies in mine. Why does only objective reality exist? Why is it that the only important factor in your mind is the objective? What's so harmful about objective reality interspersed with subjective interpretations.

serp777

So do the 33,000 Christian denominations that all see things different from you.
The only authority you have is over your own mind.
He is the next prophet from God. Only he knows the truth. he has special divine knowledge while Satan is filling your head with false logic and deceptions. By dismissing the great prophet yes you are rejecting the word of God, sinner.

Cephus

Relentlessly Rational
You do realize, that I said earlier, that I have a very loose definition of reality right. You can think my views are absurd, you can call me deluded or insane (not saying you did say that, just to clarify). But the fact of the matter is, it doesn't change who or what I believe in. Lies, in your mind, does not make lies in mine. Why does only objective reality exist? Why is it that the only important factor in your mind is the objective? What's so harmful about objective reality interspersed with subjective interpretations.

No, it doesn't change anything, but I'm not really interested in what you believe, I'm interested in whether or not it is a rational thing to believe. If it isn't, then you shouldn't believe it, regardless of what benefits you think you get from it. The idea that people should be respected in believing things for which there is no evidence is absurd. You ask what's so harmful about objective reality interspersed with subjective interpretations? Ask a bunch of dead cartoonists in Paris.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
No, it doesn't change anything, but I'm not really interested in what you believe, I'm interested in whether or not it is a rational thing to believe. If it isn't, then you shouldn't believe it, regardless of what benefits you think you get from it. The idea that people should be respected in believing things for which there is no evidence is absurd. You ask what's so harmful about objective reality interspersed with subjective interpretations? Ask a bunch of dead cartoonists in Paris.

Just because some people kill for their beliefs, does not mean everyone that believes is a killer :). I also didn't ask if you cared what I believed in, it's obvious from the get go you only care about proving yourself right.

EDIT: There are 7.2 billion people on earth. And I would say that 6.5 billion believe in something (This is pure guess work). So even if 5 million of those believers are terrorists and murderers. That still leaves a very large group of the population that don't commit those acts. Why belittle an entire line of thinking for the actions of the minority?

Cephus

Relentlessly Rational
Just because some people kill for their beliefs, does not mean everyone that believes is a killer :). I also didn't ask if you cared what I believed in, it's obvious from the get go you only care about proving yourself right.

No it does not, but we know that our beliefs inform our actions and for people who are convinced that some imaginary man in the sky is telling them to convert the infidels or kill the unbelievers, that is a serious problem, especially if these people are so weak-minded that they take these ideas seriously. That is a serious issue for your way of thinking, even if not for you personally. I'm not criticizing your specific, personal beliefs, I'm examining how your means of believing can, and demonstrably does, cause real world harm. What it seems like you're saying is "screw it, it works for me, f*ck everyone else".

allfoak

Alchemist
Authority?

I am speaking about the written Word of God.
You are interpreting and imposing that interpretation upon others.
Where did you get your authority to teach?

I would say you are nothing but a modern day Pharisee.

Matthew 23
Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples, 2 “The scribes and the Pharisees sit on Moses' seat, 3 so do and observe whatever they tell you, but not the works they do. For they preach, but do not practice. 4 They tie up heavy burdens, hard to bear, and lay them on people's shoulders, but they themselves are not willing to move them with their finger. 5 They do all their deeds to be seen by others. For they make their phylacteries broad and their fringes long, 6 and they love the place of honor at feasts and the best seats in the synagogues 7 and greetings in the marketplaces and being called rabbi by others. 8 But you are not to be called rabbi, for you have one teacher, and you are all brothers. 9 And call no man your father on earth, for you have one Father, who is in heaven. 10 Neither be called instructors, for you have one instructor, the Christ. 11 The greatest among you shall be your servant. 12 Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.

13 “But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you shut the kingdom of heaven in people's faces. For you neither enter yourselves nor allow those who would enter to go in. 15 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you travel across sea and land to make a single proselyte, and when he becomes a proselyte, you make him twice as much a child of hell as yourselves.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
No it does not, but we know that our beliefs inform our actions and for people who are convinced that some imaginary man in the sky is telling them to convert the infidels or kill the unbelievers, that is a serious problem, especially if these people are so weak-minded that they take these ideas seriously. That is a serious issue for your way of thinking, even if not for you personally. I'm not criticizing your specific, personal beliefs, I'm examining how your means of believing can, and demonstrably does, cause real world harm. What it seems like you're saying is "screw it, it works for me, f*ck everyone else".

What I am saying is you are condemning an entire philosophy/line of thinking, for the actions of the minority. Yes, some people have issues and use religion as a way to forcibly control and push their views onto others through threat of violence and repercussions. But it is still in the minority.
Should these people be rooted out and dealt with, of course. I am part of a group that does just that. Should an entire worldview be condemned? No.