• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your view on abortion. Atheist welcome.

idea

Question Everything
Kinda the definition. That doesn't make it a live birth abortion.

All abortions are live birth abortions. If they are not alive, you call it a miscarriage - not an abortion.

Tell me. What is the difference between putting a bag of water over someone's head and killing them while they are inside a bag of water - vs. taking them out of the bag of water, and then killing them?

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
You're a terrible tap dancer. Why can't you just admit you were wrong? There's no such thing as live-birth abortions. It doesn't happen.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Aborting a living 20 week old baby is killing it.
A 20 week old baby?
That would be called murder, not abortion.
And nowhere in the USA is it legal to kill a 20 week old baby.

Last edited by a moderator:

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Furthermore, if these so-called live birth abortions DID happen, they would be infanticide, and the people performing them subject to prosecution. Yet another reason why THEY DON'T HAPPEN.

idea

Question Everything
A 20 week old baby?

It's called abotion. Many people do it.

Maternity Benefits Available for Women Who Abort after 20 Weeks

Abortion Risks - Risks of Abortion Procedures

Dilation and Extraction (D&X) (partial-birth abortion): from 20 weeks after LMP to full-term

This procedure takes three days. During the first two days, the cervix is stretched open using thin rods made of seaweed, and medication is given for pain. On the third day, the abortion doctor uses ultrasound to locate the legs of the fetus. Grasping a leg with forceps, the doctor delivers the fetus up to the head. Next, scissors are inserted into the base of the skull to create an opening. A suction catheter is placed into the opening to remove the brain. The skull collapses and the fetus is removed.

I'm sorry, I have to go. People think all you want - abortion is murder of the worst kind.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Partial birth abortion doesn't happen anymore, either. At least, not in the US. And even when it did, it accounted for less than 2% of abortions.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
It's called abotion. Many people do it.
Not it isn't.

The fact is that it is illegal to kill a five month old Baby.
ANd it is NOT called abortion.
Abortion is when it is still in the womb.
And while it is still in the womb, it is not a "baby."
It is a zygote, embryo, then fetus.
It is not a baby till AFTER birth.

leahrachelle

Can you not understand that right and wrong can in fact be weighed for each individual?

What if I said its WRONG for a child be to left with a baby sitter while both parents work?..Who gets to decide that? Me? Should you be forced to stay at home because I thought it was "wrong" for the mother to work?

Do you not understand that what is right for you may not be right for me?

Do you want the right to decide for your self? Or do you want me to decide for you?

In this case..If you think its wrong for you to have an abortion then by all means dont have one.I wouldnt force you to even if you were completely unfit.I would call social services though and report you if you were.

Love

Dallas
I know what point you're trying to make, and I don't agree.

You want to say that I can't decide for people because I don't know their situation and I don't know if its right in their situation.
I say that 98% of women that are having abortions didn't use enough protection. 98% of women WILLINGLY had sex and knew that they could get pregnant. 98% chose to abort their baby instead of giving it to someone who will love it - and no, that person isn't hard to find.
98% is accurate, btw. Only 2% of abortion cases are rape cases or cases where the mother will be hurt or die if they continue the pregnancy.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
I know what point you're trying to make, and I don't agree.

You want to say that I can't decide for people because I don't know their situation and I don't know if its right in their situation.
I say that 98% of women that are having abortions didn't use enough protection. 98% of women WILLINGLY had sex and knew that they could get pregnant. 98% chose to abort their baby instead of giving it to someone who will love it - and no, that person isn't hard to find.
98% is accurate, btw. Only 2% of abortion cases are rape cases or cases where the mother will be hurt or die if they continue the pregnancy.
Source(s) please.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
A 20 week old baby?
And nowhere in the USA is it legal to kill a 20 week old baby.

O.K I see what you are saying.

Obviously it isnt legal to kill a one day old baby let alone a 20 week old baby.

Love

Dallas

leahrachelle

Because i've studied a subject on sustainability, people who know a lot more than you and I have said so.
With your ideaology its obvious to see why the world is the way it is. We wait until we cannot wait any longer to address problems. Its a sick mentality that we need to get over. We are over-populated, we can barely sustain ourselves. At the moment we're managing but it will not get any easier with the urbanisation of the world. Mark my words.
Mmk. I'll be sure to find a way to contact you when we reach the 15 billion mark.

Circle_One

*** MOD POST***

Hey Folks.. let's try to keep this debate civil and well mannered, alright. And also, please refrain from posting nonsense posts that have no bearing on this debate whatsoever. It makes for more work for me.

Mmmkay? Thanks.