• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your view on abortion. Atheist welcome.

linwood

Ever been pregnant? I have. It moves.

Umm..no.

I`d like some kind of medical evidence to determine why it`s moving and under what motor function.
My wife doesn`t recall any movement with any of her three children in the first trimester.

Just trying to educate myself.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Sure, everyone would love to just turn their heads and pretend this stuff is not happening.
I don't believe it is, because I can't find a single source that doesn't rely on this one woman. It's not on Wiki. It's not on any respectable news site. I can only conclude that it's anti-choice propaganda.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Umm..no.

I`d like some kind of medical evidence to determine why it`s moving and under what motor function.
Now, that I can't tell you.

My wife doesn`t recall any movement with any of her three children in the first trimester.

Who knows, maybe I just felt some kind of sloshing. I have been called "abnormally sensitive." I just know I felt something.

linwood

Are you familiar with partial-birth and live-birth abortions? Our Pres is...

Nurse says Obama supports infanticide

and yes, it is sick.

Nurse now says "She`s mistaken"
But she ain`t saying it any too loudly.

Typical.

Be careful where you get your info.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
I don't believe it is, because I can't find a single source that doesn't rely on this one woman. It's not on Wiki. It's not on any respectable news site. I can only conclude that it's anti-choice propaganda.
I also have not been able to find a source that doe snot stem from that one women.
And I also have to conclude that it is merely propaganda.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Umm..no.

That is really early to feel anything. It feels like a flutter. I was farther than 12 weeks butI know before the 15th week though..My doctor said maybe I was feeling something early like that because I was so thin.But its not like a kicking baby.I think its more like little involuntary jerks.Its called "quickening".

Love

Dallas

Most women dont feel anything at all untill way later than that.

idea

Question Everything

Here you go:
Abortion - Types, Preparation and Procedure Information on eMedicineHealth.com

Home pregnancy tests available at a drug store can indicate pregnancy early after conception. Terminations performed in this very early time frame have sometimes been termed menstrual extractions.
  • Abortions performed prior to nine weeks from the last menstrual period (seven weeks from conception) are performed either surgically (a procedure) or medically (with drugs).
  • From nine weeks until 14 weeks, an abortion is performed by a dilatation and suction curettage procedure.
  • After 14 weeks, surgical abortions are performed by a dilatation and evacuation procedure.
  • After 20 weeks of gestation, abortions can be performed by labor induction, prostaglandin labor induction, saline infusion, hysterotomy, or dilatation and extraction.
Most abortions are performed in an outpatient office setting (doctor's office, ambulatory clinic) under local anesthesia with or without sedation.

click on the links, read the details of what people are doing.

Last edited:

linwood

Now, that I can't tell you.

Who knows, maybe I just felt some kind of sloshing. I have been called "abnormally sensitive." I just know I felt something.

I don`t doubt you, I just want to know if a first trimester fetus/emryo can move under it`s own motor function.

That information could greatly change my view of abortion.

I`ll do a little research.

Thanks!

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Here you go:
Abortion - Types, Preparation and Procedure Information on eMedicineHealth.com

Home pregnancy tests available at a drug store can indicate pregnancy early after conception. Terminations performed in this very early time frame have sometimes been termed menstrual extractions.
  • Abortions performed prior to nine weeks from the last menstrual period (seven weeks from conception) are performed either surgically (a procedure) or medically (with drugs).
  • From nine weeks until 14 weeks, an abortion is performed by a dilatation and suction curettage procedure.
  • After 14 weeks, surgical abortions are performed by a dilatation and evacuation procedure.
  • After 20 weeks of gestation, abortions can be performed by labor induction, prostaglandin labor induction, saline infusion, hysterotomy, or dilatation and extraction.
Most abortions are performed in an outpatient office setting (doctor's office, ambulatory clinic) under local anesthesia with or without sedation.

click on the links, read the details of what people are doing.
Did you even read that? It says nothing about live births.

idea

Question Everything
Did you even read that? It says nothing about live births.

they are alive.

what does 20 weeks look like?

The Baptist Children's Hospital in Miami, Florida, said Amillia Sonja Taylor was born at 21 weeks and six days on 24 October 2006

Conceived by in vitro fertilisation, she was delivered via Caesarean section after attempts to delay a premature delivery failed, the hospital said. She breathed without assistance at birth and even tried to cry.

World's most premature baby set to leave hospital - life - 20 February 2007 - New Scientist

living, breathing human beings.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
they are alive.

what does 20 weeks look like?
Yes, yes. 20 weeks is almost fully developed. That has absolutely no bearing on the question of whether these so-called live birth abortions are performed.

idea

Question Everything
Yes, yes. 20 weeks is almost fully developed. That has absolutely no bearing on the question of whether these so-called live birth abortions are performed.

Aborting a living 20 week old baby is killing it.