• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your view on abortion. Atheist welcome.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Ahh yes I think I shall..

I really do want to adopt.
And maybe it'll be a child that was going to be aborted but the mother gave it up for adoption instead.
And they will have a good, happy, healthy life contrary to belief...

Thats AWESOME...that you will adopt..But it wont be because the mother "wanted to abort" but "decided not too"Unless you have quite a bit of money..

Love

Dallas

leahrachelle

Thats right THEIR "baby"(possessing of)....Oh and sight the cases please..There are a handfull..But I'de like you to sight them.

Love

Dallas
What? What are you saying? Yes they are going to jail for killing that person's baby...
I will if you'd like - but I'm curious first, if you know there are a handful, you obviously already know about this, so why are you asking me to cite them?

leahrachelle

Maybe you arent saving a life..maybe the women who aborted arent "misguided".How arrogant of you..
How in the WORLD is trying to save a life a bad thing??
How can you call her arrogant of all things for that?? That is completely the opposite of the definition. It makes absolutely no sense.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
What? What are you saying? Yes they are going to jail for killing that person's baby...
I will if you'd like - but I'm curious first, if you know there are a handful, you obviously already know about this, so why are you asking me to cite them?

Because its extenuating circumstances..

MANY pregnant women have been murdured..MANY ..HOw many "if caught" were charged with "double murder"? And what were the circumstances?..Are you trying to tel me if Im say...4 weeks pregnant..and I am in a store and a robbery goes down..I get shot..and die..my embryo dies along with me..that the robbers will be charged with double murder? I dont think so sweet heart..

Love

Dallas

Comicaze247

See the previous line
So once someone is a vegetable they are no longer human?
Would you want to live that way? I wouldn't.

Also, I think it's worth pointing out that you wouldn't be on trial for murder for performing an abortion anyhow, because the law doesn't consider a fetus to be a person either.
Yet you can go to jail for punching a pregnant woman in the stomach...
Umm . . . one big difference. Abortion = voluntary. Getting punched in the stomach and having a miscarriage = INvoluntary. Geez, talk about a stretch.

If you're going to argue this you would also have to aruge that a newborn baby or even a child is not as much as a human as you. And I would not be as much as a human you. If it being less developed makes it less of a human than anyone who is less developed than you are is less of a human than you.
How many things are you going to stretch?

Umm yes, cells can die.....
OMG! DON'T STEP ON THAT AMOEBA!!!

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
How in the WORLD is trying to save a life a bad thing??
How can you call her arrogant of all things for that?? That is completely the opposite of the definition. It makes absolutely no sense.

BECauSE..the WOMAN is the one with the LIFE..Its HER life!They have NO life without the MOTHER life..

Its simple..

Love

Dallas

leahrachelle

Because its extenuating circumstances..

MANY pregnant women have been murdured..MANY ..HOw many "if caught" were charged with "double murder"? And what were the circumstances?..Are you trying to tel me if Im say...4 weeks pregnant..and I am in a store and a robbery goes down..I get shot..and die..my embryo dies along with me..that the robbers will be charged with double murder? I dont think so sweet heart..

Love

Dallas
What it depends on is the state and the state's laws on it..
I guess it would also depend highly on whether they intended to kill the baby or not and if they knew the woman was pregnant..
Here is a link that talks about the Laci Peterson trial and how Scott Peterson was charged with a double homicide because she was 8 months pregnant (though I'm sure you've heard about that), it states that federal lawmakers are trying to make it so that it is a crime to kill a fetus, and that 29 states already have fetal homicide laws.
ABC News: Is Killing Pregnant Woman a Double Murder?
This says that is now a double homicide in North Carolina if you kill a pregnant woman
Double Homicide: Pregnant Women - NC Wanted
This says that the death of a pregnant teenager was considered a double homicide in Minneapolis
Death of pregnant teen is ruled double homicide by Minneapolis ... - Topix

leahrachelle

Here is a prime reason:You have decided to forgo truth, accuracy, and facts for your emotions.
I am not trying to prove anything by calling it a baby, though..
So that isn't relevant
I am not using the fact that I call it a baby as any type of argument for this

Comicaze247

See the previous line
That wasn't the question..
But I personally would.
You'd want to "live" as a vegetable? Depending on machines to live, no muscle movement, no brain activity? Essentially a meat vegetable?

If it were me, I'd want my family to just let me go, put my body out of its misery. I'm not in there anymore, it's no longer human.

leahrachelle

BECauSE..the WOMAN is the one with the LIFE..Its HER life!They have NO life without the MOTHER life..

Its simple..

Love

Dallas
So we're arrogant for putting in discomfort for 9 months as opposed to saving a life?!
Of course we pick the second. We care more about the life than ya'lls discomfort, OBVIOUSLY.