• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your view on abortion. Atheist welcome.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
What it depends on is the state and the state's laws on it..
I guess it would also depend highly on whether they intended to kill the baby or not and if they knew the woman was pregnant..
Here is a link that talks about the Laci Peterson trial and how Scott Peterson was charged with a double homicide because she was 8 months pregnant (though I'm sure you've heard about that), it states that federal lawmakers are trying to make it so that it is a crime to kill a fetus, and that 29 states already have fetal homicide laws.
ABC News: Is Killing Pregnant Woman a Double Murder?
This says that is now a double homicide in North Carolina if you kill a pregnant woman
Double Homicide: Pregnant Women - NC Wanted
This says that the death of a pregnant teenager was considered a double homicide in Minneapolis
Death of pregnant teen is ruled double homicide by Minneapolis ... - Topix
Here is a thread I started:

Last edited by a moderator:

McBell

Admiral Obvious
I am not trying to prove anything by calling it a baby, though..
So that isn't relevant
I am not using the fact that I call it a baby as any type of argument for this
Perhaps not intentionally, but then, you have chosen emotion over accuracy.

leahrachelle

You'd want to "live" as a vegetable? Depending on machines to live, no muscle movement, no brain activity? Essentially a meat vegetable?

If it were me, I'd want my family to just let me go, put my body out of its misery. I'm not in there anymore, it's no longer human.
Okay, well that's you then and that's perfectly fine..

McBell

Admiral Obvious
So we're arrogant for putting in discomfort for 9 months as opposed to saving a life?!
How noble of you.
You are all ready for someone else to live in discomfort for 9 months....

Of course we pick the second. We care more about the life than ya'lls discomfort, OBVIOUSLY.
Obviously.
What I fail to understand is why you think that your opinion is so much better than the opposing opinion.

leahrachelle

I agree with the conviction...
He knew certainly well that the woman was pregnant - and, from ya'lls perspective, the baby could have very likely lived on its own outside of the body at 8 months.

Though, I think that kid should've been sit to a mental hopsital...
If you are killing a pregnant woman with a knife at 11, there is definately something wrong with your head.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
If you are killing a pregnant woman with a knife at 11, there is definately something wrong with your head.
Knife?
What knife?
Try SHOTGUN:
An 11-year-old boy has been charged in the shotgun death of his father's pregnant girlfriend, who was found slain in a bedroom of her western Pennsylvania farmhouse, authorities said Saturday.
Source

leahrachelle

Why is it fine?
You seem to be completely contradicting yourself now.
It is fine for him but not for anyone else?
What is it about him that makes it fine?
It's fine for anyone....
I wasn't arguing anything about this, he just brought it up because he misunderstood why I was talking about being in a vegetable state.

leahrachelle

Knife?
What knife?
Try SHOTGUN:
An 11-year-old boy has been charged in the shotgun death of his father's pregnant girlfriend, who was found slain in a bedroom of her western Pennsylvania farmhouse, authorities said Saturday.
Source
Sorry, I thought I read knife.
I had just finished reading about other similiar cases so I probably mixed it up..

leahrachelle

round and round....
Because regardless of what you think or feel, an unborn is NOT a baby, yet you flat out said you will call it a baby anyway.
I wasn't talking about the baby thing with that last statement. I was talking about other emotional arguments.
I am aware, that by the definition, it is not correct.

leahrachelle

I didnt reqalize you had such a "big box"..

Myabe you should open the lid on top on occasion so you can get some oxygen. :yes:

Love

Dallas
Aww, but the top is way too far away...
It's at the edge of the universe like I said
I doubt there's any oxygen there anyways

Circle_One

I really don't see how it even compares..
A life compared to 9 months of discomfort isn't even a question for me.

The reason I've not come back to this debate is written in perfect english right here.

The fact that you are so closed-minded as to believe the only reason people have abortion is for discomfort is absolutely maddening.

Why do you constantly lean back on this, Leah? Is this really your only argument? Have you ever had a child? I'm going to assume not, since you still are one, but seeing as you haven't, let me give you a little bit of knowledge about pregnancy.

Being pregnant. ISN'T uncomfortable. Sure, birthing the child isn't a walk in the park, and the morning sickness (if you actually get it), isn't really fun. But the big belly... not really all that uncomfortable, darling.

Find another argument. Because this one makes you seem like you have no idea what you're talking about and are simply arguing for the sake of hearing your own voice, so to speak.

I, for one, was in the lap of comfort when I was pregnant. And I was a TEENAGER *legasp*. I LOVED being pregnant.

So my dear, abortions aren't always what your rose-colored glasses make them out to be. Learn a little, before you judge that which you know nothing about.