• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your view on abortion. Atheist welcome.

Circle_One

I would constantly be pregnant over and over again until I die to save other children's lives - and ones that I have no connection to whatsoever.
Because - a life means more than discomfort.

Alright, so get started. You're wasting time arguing your useless debate with us! You could be having babies! Get to it!

McBell

Admiral Obvious
I would constantly be pregnant over and over again until I die to save other children's lives - and ones that I have no connection to whatsoever.
Because - a life means more than discomfort.
Interesting the bold statements that are made when it cannot be done.
Such statements mean little in discussion (unless you are talking to the choir) because it is a "safe" statement.

Now I realize that you are going to try and jump all over me with something about me calling you a liar or that I think you are being untruthful, etc.
But the fact is that such statements are worthless unless you are preaching to the choir.
And if you are preaching to the choir, what statements aren't worthless?

Whether you are being honest with said statement is absolutely irrelevant because you can never be taken to task.

leahrachelle

Interesting the bold statements that are made when it cannot be done.
Such statements mean little in discussion (unless you are talking to the choir) because it is a "safe" statement.

Now I realize that you are going to try and jump all over me with something about me calling you a liar or that I think you are being untruthful, etc.
But the fact is that such statements are worthless unless you are preaching to the choir.
And if you are preaching to the choir, what statements aren't worthless?

Whether you are being honest with said statement is absolutely irrelevant because you can never be taken to task.
How else would you like me to prove this point to you then.

leahrachelle

But that's what you keep arguing . . . you might want to clarify your argument and stick to it . . .
At the moment I am arguing a specific case
Not every single abortion case
And I never said that it applies to every abortion case...
I would be crazy and stupid to think that it is - especially when I personally know other reasons

leahrachelle

It is a worthless stance.
How exactly is your willingness to take on these pregnancies supportive of your argument?
It isn't.
Not one little bit.
Yes, it is...
You just stated that is not my discomfort.
And I just showed you that I would personally take on this discomfort to save lives.
If you can think of a way I can prove this to you, please let me know....

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Yes, it is...
You just stated that is not my discomfort.
And I just showed you that I would personally take on this discomfort to save lives.
If you can think of a way I can prove this to you, please let me know....
Again, it does not help your position because you cannot be taken to task.
So the fact is that it is STILL not your discomfort.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
The reason I've not come back to this debate is written in perfect english right here.

The fact that you are so closed-minded as to believe the only reason people have abortion is for discomfort is absolutely maddening.

Why do you constantly lean back on this, Leah? Is this really your only argument? Have you ever had a child? I'm going to assume not, since you still are one, but seeing as you haven't, let me give you a little bit of knowledge about pregnancy.

Being pregnant. ISN'T uncomfortable. Sure, birthing the child isn't a walk in the park, and the morning sickness (if you actually get it), isn't really fun. But the big belly... not really all that uncomfortable, darling.

Find another argument. Because this one makes you seem like you have no idea what you're talking about and are simply arguing for the sake of hearing your own voice, so to speak.

I, for one, was in the lap of comfort when I was pregnant. And I was a TEENAGER *legasp*. I LOVED being pregnant.

So my dear, abortions aren't always what your rose-colored glasses make them out to be. Learn a little, before you judge that which you know nothing about.

My mother told me ..the happiest times in her life was when when she was pregnant..(she had 4 by 30 and then due to compications with the 4th had to have a total hysterectomy)

She didnt say the "happiest times in her life were raising 4 children! LOL!!!

Love

Dallas

leahrachelle

Again, it does not help your position because you cannot be taken to task.
So the fact is that it is STILL not your discomfort.
If you would like a feasible example, if someone I knew didn't want to go through the nine months of pregnany I would carry her egg for her. And I would pay the expense (If I could afford it of course).

leahrachelle

My mother told me ..the happiest times in her life was when when she was pregnant..(she had 4 by 30 and then due to compications with the 4th had to have a total hysterectomy)

She didnt say the "happiest times in her life were raising 4 children! LOL!!!

Love

Dallas
How can you not enjoy raising your child and watching them grow up and go out into the world?