• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Abortion is never justifiable, even in rape cases

Sonofason

He was talking about instances where there is a high probability or guarantee of the mother dying if she continues the pregnancy.

As I said, "If it is conceivable that My God is capable of forgiving a woman for putting her own child to death, then perhaps I could show some compassion for such a person myself.

Sonofason

Yep. Let's say my wife is raped, the baby is going to die at birth, and the act of birthing the child will probably kill my wife, apart from the mental anguish. Any justification for abortion in this case?

As I said, "If it is conceivable that My God is capable of forgiving a woman for putting her own child to death, then perhaps I could show some compassion for such a person myself."

adi2d

As I said, "If it is conceivable that My God is capable of forgiving a woman for putting her own child to death, then perhaps I could show some compassion for such a person myself."

I'm not sure that the woman in the example would need or even want your compassion

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

Who cares whether you show compassion? I'm suggesting that the woman has the right to survive.

As I said, "If it is conceivable that My God is capable
of forgiving a woman for putting her own child to death, then perhaps I could
show some compassion for such a person myself.
If forgiveness is even needed. After all, let's not forget that it was God's idea
that the child go to the woman He foreknew would abort in the first place.
He could have easily kept her from conceiving if He had a problem with it.

-

Triumphant_Loser

Libertarian Egalitarian
Abortion is wrong, even when a woman is raped because it is not the child's fault.

If God wills a child to be born then so be it, the manner of conception is up to Him.

Women having abortions and their doctors should be punished.

I believe that is fair, do you?

Well I guess since abortions Do happen, then that must be "God's will" right? After all... nothing ever happens without God's "consent." I've got an even better idea, why don't we punish the god who would make it part of his "will" for someone to get raped? I'm just going to assume that you have never been raped, or else you'd be singing a different tune.

Sonofason

Who cares whether you show compassion? I'm suggesting that the woman has the right to survive.

I am saying that if I do not have compassion for her, then I will work toward forcing her to do what is right, which is to not intentionally kill an innocent child. And that means I will vote in elections to hire public officials to work toward preventing her from having an abortion under all circumstances. It means I will utilize any means I think is necessary to prevent her from having abortions.

Do you still think she doesn't want my compassion? Do you think she deserves my compassion?

Sonofason

If forgiveness is even needed. After all, let's not forget that it was God's idea
that the child go to the woman He foreknew would abort in the first place.

-

If God could have kept her from conceiving, then it must be quite clear, due to the fact that she did conceive, that God wants her to conceive.

adi2d

I am saying that if I do not have compassion for her, then I will work toward forcing her to do what is right, which is to not intentionally kill an innocent child. And that means I will vote in elections to hire public officials to work toward preventing her from having an abortion under all circumstances. It means I will utilize any means I think is necessary to prevent her from having abortions.

Do you still think she doesn't want my compassion? Do you think she deserves my compassion?

Do you really think that is compassion?
You are saying you will try to stop her from having a legal abortion

Thana

Lady
If God could have kept her from conceiving, then it must be quite clear, due to the fact that she did conceive, that God wants her to conceive.

Yes, But He also gives her free will to do what she wants.

If she doesn't want the baby, Who are you to say she has to?
It's only God who gets to judge, Not you, Not anyone else.

Forgive, As God forgives you.
Love, As God loves you.

Triumphant_Loser

Libertarian Egalitarian

If it is part of your god's "will" for someone to get raped and conceive a child that she did not intend to have, then I'm sorry, but your god is a sociopathic, unsympathetic, tyrant. I wouldn't wish something like that on my worst enemy. Let me know when the position for your god has an opening, because I guarantee I could do a better job, and I sure as heck wouldn't make it part of my will for anyone to get raped.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
If it is part of your god's "will" for someone to get raped and conceive a child that she did not intend to have, then I'm sorry, but your god is a sociopathic, unsympathetic, tyrant. I wouldn't wish something like that on my worst enemy. Let me know when the position for your god has an opening, because I guarantee I could do a better job, and I sure as heck wouldn't make it part of my will for anyone to get raped.
The issue of conceiving and the issue of rape are entirely separate, you get that don't you?

It's neither sociopathic, unsympathetic, nor tyrannical to conceive a baby (unless you do it sociopathically, unsympathetically or tyrannically).

Last edited:

Sonofason

Yes, But He also gives her free will to do what she wants.

If she doesn't want the baby, Who are you to say she has to?
It's only God who gets to judge, Not you, Not anyone else.

Forgive, As God forgives you.
Love, As God loves you.

Apparently, no one reads what I say, and only see what they want to see.

I said I have compassion for the depraved women who desire to kill their own innocent children. I do not stop them. I could if I did not recognize that what you are saying is true. God is judge. That is the first answer I gave on this thread.

Do you think that just because God forgives, that punishment isn't deserved? That is what mercy is all about, not giving people what they deserve. Grace is giving them what they don't deserve.

Assume for a moment that there is no God, or that I do not believe in a god; It really doesn't matter who I am. If I have the ability to stop a woman from having an abortion, and if I think it is right to stop her, I will stop her; again, that is assuming there is not some other reason that compels me to have compassion on her instead, which is the case.

If you want me to say it's okay to kill your children, I won't. It's not okay.

Triumphant_Loser

Libertarian Egalitarian
The issue of conceiving and the issue of rape are entirely separate, you get that don't you?

It's neither sociopathic, unsympathetic, nor tyrannical to conceive a baby (unless you do it sociopathically, unsympathetically or tyrannically).
Except that conception can happen as a result of rape. No... but it is tyrannical for a god to allow rape to happen, because it's "his will."

Sees

Dragonslayer
Except that conception can happen as a result of rape. No... but it is tyrannical for a god to allow rape to happen, because it's "his will."

I would say it is negligent, not tyrannical, for an omnipotent god to allow it - assuming it cares..

It is odd though to think of the pregnancy as god's will, but not the rape.

Sonofason

Iridescence had said:

Sonofason responded to the ridiculous claim:
My comment was a statement of logic, not necessarily truth.

What makes you think God should keep a woman who is raped from conceiving? The atheist doesn't believe in miracles. Why should God give them one? Why should God disrupt the natural laws He established? When females have sex, they're probably gonna get pregnant.

Triumphant_Loser

Libertarian Egalitarian
Iridescence had said:

Sonofason responded to the ridiculous claim:

My comment was a statement of logic, not necessarily truth.

What makes you think God should keep a woman who is raped from conceiving? The atheist doesn't believe in miracles. Why should God give them one? Why should God disrupt the natural laws He established? When females have sex, they're probably gonna get pregnant.

Well maybe if your god would give us a miracle, maybe we heathen freethinkers would believe. It's kind of hard to believe in miracles if you don't actually see them happen. As for disruption of the natural laws, I agree with that. I would even take that a step further in saying that turning water into wine, walking on water, and flying into space after being dead for three days would also be disruptions of these natural laws you speak of.