• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Abortion is never justifiable, even in rape cases

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
I am not sure what you are trying to say. Could you please rephrase that... Not trying to be mean, or anything.
If one believes in "god"--is a son or daughter of God--then their own horror at what they may have done (abortion) is God's will. Nothing they do or feel is separate from God's will, no less than having conceived is God's will.

adi2d

Iridescence had said:

Sonofason responded to the ridiculous claim:

My comment was a statement of logic, not necessarily truth.

What makes you think God should keep a woman who is raped from conceiving? The atheist doesn't believe in miracles. Why should God give them one? Why should God disrupt the natural laws He established? When females have sex, they're probably gonna get pregnant.

That has to qualify as the stupidest statement of the month

When a woman is raped she is not "having sex" she is being assaulted
Stuppidstupidstupid

Sonofason

Well maybe if your god would give us a miracle, maybe we heathen freethinkers would believe. It's kind of hard to believe in miracles if you don't actually see them happen. As for disruption of the natural laws, I agree with that. I would even take that a step further in saying that turning water into wine, walking on water, and flying into space after being dead for three days would also be disruptions of these natural laws you speak of.

Perhaps you can explain why you are incapable of belief, whereas I am not. What excuse have you conjured why you don't experience God when I do?

Triumphant_Loser

Libertarian Egalitarian
Perhaps you can explain why you are incapable of belief, whereas I am not. What excuse have you conjured why you don't experience God when I do?

Because I wasted 19 years of my childhood trying my hardest to telepathically communicate with an invisible Jewish shaman living in outer space that refused to answer back no matter how hard I prayed... why should I believe?

adi2d

Oh the Christian love is so compelling on this thread

Do the rest of the Christians here agree with this?

Triumphant_Loser

Libertarian Egalitarian
I guess your best wasn't good enough.

You'd think that a god that genuinely wants to save us heretics from a firey torture dungeon in the center of the Earth (that He created, ironically), would make Himself a little more easy to communicate with. What a concept, huh?

Sonofason

You'd think that a god that genuinely wants to save us heretics from a firey torture dungeon in the center of the Earth (that He created, ironically), would make Himself a little more easy to communicate with. What a concept, huh?

Actually, I don't think such things. I take what I can get.

Sonofason

So you want to communicate with God?

I know if I don't do what my wife asks me to do, she stops talking to me.

Sonofason

It's kind of hard to do what someone wants you to do, if they won't actually tell you what they want you to do, even if you ask them.

What God wants you to do, He's compelled others to write down. I suggest reading it, and believing it. Otherwise, how will you ever know if you were born atheist, or born theist?

If you were born atheist, I imagine you will remain atheist. If you were born theist, I imagine you will remain theist. After all, people don't change, do they?

Sonofason

It's kind of hard to do what someone wants you to do, if they won't actually tell you what they want you to do, even if you ask them.

What God wants you to do, He's compelled others to write down. I suggest reading it, and believing it. Otherwise, how will you ever know if you were born atheist, or born theist.

If you were born atheist, I imagine you will remain atheist. If you were born theist, I imagine you will remain theist. After all, people don't change, do they?

Oh, please note sarcasm.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
I am saying that if I do not have compassion for her, then I will work toward forcing her to do what is right, which is to not intentionally kill an innocent child. And that means I will vote in elections to hire public officials to work toward preventing her from having an abortion under all circumstances. It means I will utilize any means I think is necessary to prevent her from having abortions.

To be honest, I understood you're a fundamentalist without you needing to spell it out. But thanks.

Do you still think she doesn't want my compassion? Do you think she deserves my compassion?

Your compassion comes with strings. Better that the world grows up, and takes responsibility for their own actions than plays 'dance to the puppet master'.
And I'll repeat, in the scenario I presented, she doesn't deserve anything less than the right to survive. Compassion be damned.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
If God could have kept her from conceiving, then it must be quite clear, due to the fact that she did conceive, that God wants her to conceive.

If God could have kept her from being raped, then it must be clear, due to the fact that she did get raped, that God wants her to be raped.
If God could have kept her from having an abortion, then it must be clear, due to the fact that she did have an abortion, that God wants her to have an abortion.
If God could have kept her from putting the spicy salsa on her taco, then it must be clear, due to the fact that she burned the crap out of her mouth, that God wants her to get the chilli-sweats.

I actually think this could make a decent thread in the Jokes section. Doesn't carry much weight in a debate though.

Sees

Dragonslayer
If God could have kept her from being raped, then it must be clear, due to the fact that she did get raped, that God wants her to be raped.
If God could have kept her from having an abortion, then it must be clear, due to the fact that she did have an abortion, that God wants her to have an abortion.
If God could have kept her from putting the spicy salsa on her taco, then it must be clear, due to the fact that she burned the crap out of her mouth, that God wants her to get the chilli-sweats.

I actually think this could make a decent thread in the Jokes section. Doesn't carry much weight in a debate though.

It makes me want to repeatedly post up the God Wills It cat meme...

The Creator-Puppeteer concept never loses its stench.

This is a very primitive concept designed only to comfort and calm the most ignorant back in more scary times, but 21st century people somehow continue to give it wings.

Really in concept *edit* Happens is not any less meaningful and amounts to the same ideal expressed with different words.

Last edited by a moderator:

Looncall

Oh the Christian love is so compelling on this thread

Do the rest of the Christians here agree with this?

This guy is a very good example of the reason that opposition to religion should be considered a civic duty, isn't he?

The lack of compassion is appalling.