• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are Natural Disasters Punishment From God?

johnhanks

That place was full of gangbangers and prostitutes, so it's not that hard to believe.
And you could only admire the way the just and omnipotent hand of god ensured only the gangbangers and prostitutes got hurt - I mean, it's not as though any innocent people died or lost everything, is it?

Pagan_Patriot

No not really. There's parts of LA that are upper class and it's safe and clean. I'm in the middle class area. The crime here is almost 0. So no, those people aren't here. It's a big city though. In the poor areas, there are those kinds of people, but not where I live.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
No not really. There's parts of LA that are upper class and it's safe and clean. I'm in the middle class area. The crime here is almost 0. So no, those people aren't here. It's a big city though. In the poor areas, there are those kinds of people, but not where I live.

So you are associating crime with homosexuality? Along with cleanliness and wealth?
Are you serious?

Ashoka

श्री कृष्णा शरणं मम
But then that doesn't make them cruel men, as Egyptian said.

Yes it does. The Bible is full of cruelties from your god, and as a result, wars, inquisitions, crusades, the wiping out of cultures and peoples, and oppression are carried out, using the bible as an excuse to do so.

4consideration

Premium Member

That's the point I'm trying to make. You are still in the neighborhood, in the sense that you are within several hundred square miles of gangbangers and prostitutes.

We are talking about natural disasters, and whether or not they are a punishment from God.

I do not think so. I think you are saying you think so.

The point that I am trying to get to, is whether or not you would still think that a natural disaster was a punishment from God for gang-bangers and prostitutes if it happened in your area, close enough to directly affect you in a big way -- because you are that close (within several hundred square miles) of gang-bangers and prostitutes.

You made the comment that if your neighbor hood were full of those kinds of people, you would leave. I am asserting that when it comes to something of large impact, like a natural disaster -- they are in your neighborhood.

Pagan_Patriot

Yes it does. The Bible is full of cruelties from your god, and as a result, wars, inquisitions, crusades, the wiping out of cultures and peoples, and oppression are carried out, using the bible as an excuse to do so.

So the people serving the homeless in churches are also cruel? 2 billion of the Earth is cruel because God in the Bible is? Ya right.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Hath you not thought about the fact that you are asserting your god as a deity who finds mass murder and possible genocide just?
Am I to respect such a god and at the same time call murder wrong?
Or has hypocrisy taken a liking to you.

Tyrannizing the weak yet when you are being tyrannized you cry for help. I do not take fond to deities who enjoy the works of evil. Perhaps there is a reason why I hold firm to my belief the Devil(may he be praised) is perhaps a very good fellow.
He offered mankind the ability to choose and not be docile like children after all.

I also think there is more to the Genesis story. Though I don't associate the Serpent with the later devil ideas.

I think the Serpent represents the Serpent Sorcerers/Priests of older Pagan religions. Ancient historians tell us the original Hebrew came from India which of course had Serpent Sorcerers, the Naga.

We can follow the evolution of this word from India to the "holy land."

For instance Serpent is Naga in India, Nagash in Babylonian, and Nachash in the Bible.

Both the Indian Naga/Serpent/Sorcerers and the Hebrew Nachash/Serpent/Sorcerers are associated with magic/spell-craft. In fact the word for magic in the Bible is nachash -(snake) hiss/whisper an incantation.

Abrasax, a figure with Serpents for legs, represented the Christos in the early church according to Tertullian (264.) This is very interesting as the Indian Wild Man/Cernunnos/Padmaponi character is shown with Serpent legs in ancient carvings.

So we have a new religion conquering the "Serpent," (think St. Patrick cleansing the SERPENTS from Ireland,) then a later "Serpent" named Iesous/Jesus trying to change it back. Interesting. Joseph and Jesus are called, in the Greek, "tekton," now translated carpenter - however, the underlying word it is translated from is the Aramaic "Naggara," Crafter/Serpent Sorcerer. We have stories of Joseph being called a Sorcerer, and Jesus is associated with the Fiery Serpent lifted up in the desert (Numbers 21:8-9, John 3:14.) Jesus is actually called a Sorcerer in ancient Jewish texts.

As soon as I saw the word I was thinking Nagga-Ra, Serpent of the Sun, from their stopover in Egypt.

And there is also Eve - Chavvah/Hevvah?

I was reading that Clement of Alexandria and Eusebius of Caesarea interpreted "Hevva" in its aspirated form as "female serpent."

To expand that, a Serpent causes the troubles, the Mother of ALL is a Serpent, and a Messiah Serpent corrects the problem – Hummmm!

Also - The Hebrew ancestral Temple at Shiloh is located by the Sacred Serpent Stone Zoheleth.

Ashoka

श्री कृष्णा शरणं मम
So the people serving the homeless in churches are also cruel? 2 billion of the Earth is cruel because God in the Bible is? Ya right.

People who carry out atrocities in the name of that book are cruel.

Oh please. That's not even crime. It's only crime when a poor guy sells it.

How can you talk about compassion for the poor when you make posts like this?

You have a lot of growing up to do.

Namaskar.