• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are You a Racist?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
We do have Clarence Thomas to show that skin color is not a barrier for a Justice to get a republican vote. We have Amy Coney Barrett to show that gender is not a barrier to getting a republican vote.

In light of this it would seem a difficult argument to support.
We have Reps being hard "no-ist" when it comes to dealing with Dems as further support it's not a good point.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Well, I guess using the Democrats yard stick for determining if you are racist, I guess I'm a racist (along with a couple of other woke definitions).
Andi if you cosider political parties as a race....oh yeah.
I'm curious what you are talking about. Can you clarify?

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
We have Reps being hard "no-ist" when it comes to dealing with Dems as further support it's not a good point.

Ok, but I see it as an attempt to support the party's political power than racially motivated.

The party with more power get more political influence. You do whatever is necessary to keep the power in your party. Within the party, there maybe disputes but in this political climate you are more likely to negotiate within your own party.

Too bad independent thinking is being squashed by the two party system. So you end up voting for a type A government or a type B government as a voter instead of a selection of better ideas.

Anyway none of that is about being a racist.

InChrist

Free4ever
If so, what qualifies you as one?

If not, what do you feel disqualifies you?

Bonus question: What do you think qualifies someone else as a racist or non-racist?
I am not a racist. My father was a racist and I hated the racist comments he used to make while growing up. As I got older I would confront him on such bigoted remarks.
That was before I was saved by Jesus Christ and understood that the biblical scriptures are clear there is only one race; the human race.

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I am not a racist. My father was a racist and I hated the racist comments he used to make while growing up. As I got older I would confront him on such bigoted remarks.
That was before I was saved by Jesus Christ and understood that the biblical scriptures are clear there is only one race; the human race.
One lord, one faith, one baptism. Amen

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

I don't recall hearing any racist remarks from my family.
Of course there never was a lot of communication between me and my parents. So maybe it just never came up.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Am I a racist? I don't know -- I honestly don't know.

Do I notice that there are differences between humans that are physical (rather than just in their personalities)? Of course I do. Does it matter to me? That's where I don't know.

Once I get to know a person, then I can honestly say that physical differences don't matter -- or at least their import wanes until they eventually disappear. But that could be true of skin colour, physiognomy, or even genetic anomalies like Down's Syndrome (my best friend's brother-in-law has Down's). Where I notice them at first, with deeper connection with the person within, they take on less and less significance until (I hope) one day they have no place at all.

My own suspicion is that it is part of our human nature to notice what connects us and what separates us from others of our kind. This no doubt is the result of natural selection for the protection of the tribe. But we have been successful as a species world-wide (rather than as a whole lot of different, tribal species) because we have been able to make that connection to that humanity within that connects us all.

But I still know that I notice differences...I am as I am made to be. I don't know if that makes me a racist. I hope it doesn't.

Audie

Veteran Member
"Yellow fever" sounds like something to be avoided.
Have you run into much of that?
(Not the deadly disease kind.)

I had guys in USA whose idea of a " pick up
line" was along the lines of, " I only date
Oriental girls".

That kind of y- fever.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I had guys in USA whose idea of a " pick up
line" was along the lines of, " I only date
Oriental girls".

That kind of y- fever.
I know guys like that.
But they're all Asian.
(Must marry someone acceptable.)
But at least they don't say "oriental".

I once tried a pick up line....
Me: "Hey, we're both here for the same thing."
Her: "So it seems."
Me: "Let's go do it."
Her: "Yeah...let's go pick up some chicks."

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
A vastly different time in politics. Reagan nominated RBG. Many Republicans voted to confirm her. Could you see a Republican president doing that today? Not for their life. Republicanism has way too radical.

If "RBG" means Ruth Bader Ginsburg, then Clinton nominated her for the Supreme Court, not Reagan.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
It takes an fair degree of tolerance for another race to let someone of that race boink you.
Honestly, there's many people who fetishize those of certain ethnicities, and it comes from racist stereotypes. I've met multiple women and a man who had a racist sexual fetish for black men (and it's formed its own nasty subculture), and it's totally gross and dehumanizing. It happens with other racial and sexual combinations, too. People are certainly capable of having sex with people they don't view as equals or fully human.