• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ask me about ancient Egypt

Bharat Jhunjhunwala

TruthPrevails
It says "tawy" -the two lands. That's literally the most common word with which the Egyptians referred to their own country.
Also, you are still ignoring that the sun god in his form of an "old man" represents the evening sun.
And have you considered my points about the phonetics above? There's absolutely no certainty that the Egyptian word was even pronounced anything close to "mah-noo"
You are relying on circumstantial arguments and ignoring the plain writing. I think we may rest here. But many thanks for the discussion and info about TLA.

Tamino

You are relying on circumstantial arguments and ignoring the plain writing. I think we may rest here. But many thanks for the discussion and info about TLA.
Yes, we should probably let it rest...
My issue is that the "plain writing" you go off is a translation - and I think you should consider the context and circumstances of the original language.
But I will be happy to help with research materials if you are ever looking for something specific.

River Sea

KMT: Why didn't you use 50% straw to make burnt-bake bricks? Is it easier to build using stone? This resulted in very few mud bricks on KMT land that required only 1% of straw. KMT hardly needed any straw because it could rely on stone. Pharaoh, oh Pharaoh, you ordered the lazy people to gather straw; where's no stone?

Tamino

KMT: Why didn't you use 50% straw to make burnt-bake bricks? Is it easier to build using stone? This resulted in very few mud bricks on KMT land that required only 1% of straw. KMT hardly needed any straw because it could rely on stone. Pharaoh, oh Pharaoh, you ordered the lazy people to gather straw; where's no stone?
Not sure if I understand...
Anyway, are you aware that most Egyptian houses, stables and walls were made from mud brick, mixed with straw?
Just, it was unbaked and often didn't last. Or it's overlooked by tourists because it looks far less spectacular.

River Sea

Anyway, are you aware that most Egyptian houses, stables and walls were made from mud brick, mixed with straw?
Mud bricks only uses 1% straw no need for Pharaoh to call them lazy and go gather straw

Exodus 5:7
You are no longer to supply the people with straw for making bricks; let them go and gather their own straw.

All over Indus Valley (India) can't rely on stone, similar to how KMT uses stone and or mud bricks needing only 1% of straw, Indus Valley (India) relies on burning bake bricks needing lots of straw, that's 50% of straw. This shows in the verse Exodus 5:7 that this pharaoh is in the Indus Valley. (India)

Tamino

All over Indus Valley (India) can't rely on stone, similar to how KMT uses stone and or mud bricks needing only 1% of straw, Indus Valley (India) relies on burning bake bricks needing lots of straw, that's 50% of straw. This shows in the verse Exodus 5:7 that this pharaoh is in the Indus Valley. (India)
...or perhaps it just shows that whoever wrote down this version of the exodus story in the 1st millennium didn't actually know that much about Bronze Age Egypt.

Are you sure you aren't just grasping for straws to support your pet theory? ;)

River Sea

Exodus happen 1445 BC

@Tamino

Did KMT have wells or Cisterns?

Is Set same as Jacob wrestle with an angel or God? I still not sure if it's angel or God., not sure.

Does the pharaoh made laws, waged war, collected taxes, and oversaw all the land?

How come King Akhenaten believe in monotheism and how did he make others believe that too?

this is suppose to be in a row and it wasn't. Look how sad Dr. Falk is

Dr. . Falk notices it's not in a row, so it's terrible epigraphy. Later in the post, I show a video, and if you click on it, you can see where Dr. . Falk explains terrible epigraphy.
i hope you see this, I don't know much about curse tablet, but I did learn from watching that the epigraphy needs to be in a row. click on expand to see it. then later in this post you can see vid

Later, I saw sadness on Dr. Dave A. Falk's face, and I screen-shot it. He was so sad when he saw this. Or that's how I picture this when reading his face. I'll need to find the YouTube video, but for now, I'll show you the screen shot. When I saw his face, I could see the extreme concern; Dr. Dave A. Falk was waiting to see this finding from Scott Stripling, and yet the disappointment on Dr. Falk's face. I watched this. I still don't fully understand this curse tablet.

terrible epigraphy some of the worst.JPG

Where was the curse tablet, I never understood that at all. that was fake., yet many was waiting for., then read five views of exodus but i couldn't read it because to confusing.

Oh I was going to find that woman Pharaoh who had to wear a fake beard this wood beard due to she had to look like a man so to make sure people will show authority

I forgot her name so what is her name?

I written some where - can't find.

OH here's the vid of dr. Falk being sad. when the epigraphy not in a row., this is when i learn it needs to be in a row. look at dr. falk his sadness, he's extremely emotional
click expand to see and if you click on vid it'll take you there where dr. falk explains that this epigraphy is terrible., i learn from this vid, to look for epigraphy in a row.
@crossfire

Please watch the video, because I found it to reference what I had shared. Then, with reference to the video, you'll see for yourself.

May 15, 2023 Dr. Dave A. Falk showed his disappointment about Mt. Ebal curse amulet. "This is terrible epigraphy. It's some of the worst I've ever seen", says Dr. Dave A. Falk.

Time stamp: 1:04:01
I placed it where it explains, so hopefully when you click on the video, it'll go there; if it doesn't, please go to 1:04:01

Manna Machine Alert!!! The Mt. Ebal Amulet Peer-Review Article (May 15/2023)

Last edited:

River Sea

or perhaps it just shows that whoever wrote down this version of the exodus story in the 1st millennium didn't actually know that much about Bronze Age Egypt.

exodus happen 1445 BC

please read my message above., because I shown what vid I learn more about epigraphy

oh and I was hoping to find the woman pharaoh who had to wear a fake wooden beard, i'll keep looking then place it here or below this message

how come pharaohs wear wood beards for?

Last edited:

River Sea

Just as there was no hebrew language in the 1400BCE period. The nomads were the Arabs.
Yadavas 1445 BC and before as numbers gotten bigger (how to word this when numbers get bigger ???)

Then as you say @Bthoth nomads were Arabs 1400 BC then what happened next, to KMT then afterwards KMT increased land that's called Levant.

How come Moses-Krishna had to defeat Ethiopia when? All to so he can marry Tharbis

Couldn't Moses-Krishna just be happy with a different women so wouldn't need to defeat Ethiopia. Now I understand why many wanted to kill Moses-Krishna which they did, they murdered Moses-Krishna I can see why now

Not sure when Moses-Krishna was murdered, do you know when @Bharat Jhunjhunwala

@Tamino do you think Moses-Krishna was murdered?

Was any of the Pharaohs ever murdered if so how come?

Last edited:

Bharat Jhunjhunwala

TruthPrevails
Yes. Very much aware. I look at it comparatively. The major conflict would make more sense in Indus valley. Also the Hebrews baked bricks at the time of noah. There is no sign of regression to mud bricks. The mud bricks were used for workers quarters. So the comparative evidence is in favour of Indus.

Bharat Jhunjhunwala

TruthPrevails
...or perhaps it just shows that whoever wrote down this version of the exodus story in the 1st millennium didn't actually know that much about Bronze Age Egypt.

Are you sure you aren't just grasping for straws to support your pet theory? ;)
This is not fair, my teacher. If bible does not know egypt then it flies out of the window.

Tamino

Exodus happen 1445 BC

@Tamino

Did KMT have wells or Cisterns?
Yes. Wells are relatively rare, since water was often obtained directly from the river or canals, but several examples of wells have been excavated.
Cisterns that collect rain water? Not really... No regular rainfall in Egypt, you know? But there were plenty of canals and artificial lakes to distribute and retain the river's water after the flood.
Is Set same as Jacob wrestle with an angel or God? I still not sure if it's angel or God., not sure.
I don't think so. The story of Jacob has no similarity to any myth surrounding Seth.
Does the pharaoh made laws, waged war, collected taxes, and oversaw all the land?
Sure. Just like any other monarch all around the world.
How come King Akhenaten believe in monotheism
The cult of the sun god and the tendency to concentrate cultic adoration to the king was already present under the rule of Amenophis III, his father. Akhenaten took those ideas and kind of increased them to an extreme form.
and how did he make others believe that too?
He didn't. No reason to convert people if you can just command them. I think a lot of nobles followed Atenism for their own gain, to win or keep the King's favor. The commoners didn't care so much and often kept their personal gods.
this is suppose to be in a row and it wasn't. Look how sad Dr. Falk is

Dr. . Falk notices it's not in a row, so it's terrible epigraphy. Later in the post, I show a video, and if you click on it, you can see where Dr. . Falk explains terrible epigraphy.
The Mount Ebal curse tablet is not an Egyptian artifact. I have no comment on it other than what you already find on the Internet... Namely, that the inscription and its interpretation is highly speculative, to the point of whether it is writing at all.
Oh I was going to find that woman Pharaoh who had to wear a fake beard this wood beard due to she had to look like a man so to make sure people will show authority

I forgot her name so what is her name?
Her name was Ma'at-Ka-Ra Hatshepsut.
The fake beard was ceremonial, it's not sure if she ever really wore one, or if it's just on the depictions. Everyone knew she was a woman.
OH here's the vid of dr. Falk being sad. when the epigraphy not in a row., this is when i learn it needs to be in a row. look at dr. falk his sadness, he's extremely emotional
I have no interest in Dr.Falk's emotional state, but I might check it out if I'm bored...

Tamino

Egyptology is a more theoretical/historical science, right? Have you been to Egypt and seen some monuments irl?
Yes. It was my first trip to Egypt that jump-started my interest in Egyptology. I only traveled to Egypt because my father wanted to, and took me along with him. Then I was completely captivated, and joined Middle Egyptian 101 at my university after I came back

River Sea

@Bharat Jhunjhunwala @Bthoth @Tamino @Heyo

Oh ok @Tamino you answered in post 73
"Her name was Ma'at-Ka-Ra Hatshepsut.
The fake beard was ceremonial, it's not sure if she ever really wore one, or if it's just on the depictions. Everyone knew she was a woman."

You can dismiss this that I wrote (I found her name before reading your answer)
The first pharaoh I learned about was Hatshepsut. So now that I found her name again., that's the one I was asking about: that she wore a wooden beard because she wanted to make sure people would show her authority.

What were the reasons why people needed to show her authority? How difficult was it for Hatshepsut to be a pharaoh?

Oh ok @Tamino you answered in post 73
"Her name was Ma'at-Ka-Ra Hatshepsut.
The fake beard was ceremonial, it's not sure if she ever really wore one, or if it's just on the depictions. Everyone knew she was a woman."

I do wish I knew how to add quote after I edit.

Last edited:

River Sea

@Bthoth @Bharat Jhunjhunwala @Tamino

@Tamino I see you already answered in post 73
"The Mount Ebal curse tablet is not an Egyptian artifact. I have no comment on it other than what you already find on the Internet... Namely, that the inscription and its interpretation is highly speculative, to the point of whether it is writing at all."

Does epigraphy need to be in a row?
How come this epigraphy isn't in a row, and what does this epigraphy say?

Ehigraphy needs to be in a row.JPG

Last edited:

Tamino

@Bthoth @Bharat Jhunjhunwala @Tamino

Does epigraphy need to be in a row?
How come this epigraphy isn't in a row, and what does this epigraphy say?

View attachment 88421
Writing needs to be in a row, because a phonetic alphabet script relies on rows of letters which represent the sequence of sounds.
That's why it needs to be in a discernable sequence. Otherwise it's like scrabble. If you just dump a heap of letters onto a surface without any clear lines or columns, then it remains unclear how the letters are supposed to be sorted... What is the first, second, third etc. And then you cannot read any words. Or rather: like with scrabble tiles, you can form different words and the "text" remains entirely ambiguous.