• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ask your questions about God here.

TruthaboutGod

Ok this makes no sense whatsoever. First you said God did not create satan ,then you said he did, and now you are saying God actually encourages satan to lead us astray. Then in the convoluted quotes of James and the Qur'an you say that God would not lead anyone to temptation because temptation leads to sin----so you are saying BOTH that God created satan in order to tempt man, but also he did not.

I think this is probably what happens when you mix the Three Books together without understanding their differences.

I can see this is getting nowhere, so I would like to ask a few questions:

1. Did you read the post that stated that God created Iblis, who later became satan?
2. Do you understand that satan leading us astray is from the Qur'an, not something I said?
3. Do you understand that the Bible states that God does not tempt anyone?
4. Can you point out where I stated that God created satan in order to tempt man?
5. Can you point out where I stated that God did not create satan in order to tempt man?

TruthaboutGod

Yes, questions of this nature are a bother, aren't they. Heaven's to Betsy that one would have the temerity to ask to see ones credentials. It would only seem wise to explain WHY you, above all others on this sad little rock, have a "hot line" to god.

Let us be clear. I actually have no interest in what other human animals think about god. Their words are like the prattle of little children who know not, that which they gush on and on about, at the drop of a hat. Like children, they are often amusing, sometimes precious, but usually their dialogue is little more than overactive imagination. Sadly, most often, they show very little of even that. I see nothing of any note in the reams you have supplied already that would indicate your "link" is in any way valid.

The real question, my friend is, "Is there an iota of validity in your answers regarding my questions about god?" Frankly (and gently) there is nothing you can tell me on this subject that merits my continued attention to your unimaginative answers.

You do appreciate that the "take it or leave it" approach is akin to intellectual suicide, correct? In some circles it may also be taken as evidence of "spiritual bankruptcy".

Why, pray tell would you preface this text with a quote from the Qur'an that flatly states, "And if you reject the Message, so did the generations before you: and the duty of the Messenger is only to preach publicly and clearly." if it is not a "message to mankind". You are playing loose and fancy with the facts, methinks. Forgive me, although you ARE being quite cordial throughout, your dialogue DOES make you "special" regardless of your claims to the contrary. It is somewhat ludicrous to express opinions regarding God, stated as facts, and remain distanced from a greatly exaggerated position to that of your fellow human animals. You are "in the know", after all, so your claims of humility are somewhat meaningless. What you may not understand is that this thread isn't about god at all. It is ALL about YOU!

And I could respond from the same intellectually impoverished position, my friend. To answer your first question, Yes, it is very simple to give an overview of ones own psychological status prior to the events in question. All that is required is something we human animals refer to as HONESTY. Admittedly, some human animals have more difficulity with this concept than other human animals but if one has a good heart they ought to be able to cough up a reasonably accurate portrayal. PS: I prefer my "truth" unvarnished and not glossed over for general public consumption. If you could manage it, it would be appreciated.

Now that is telling. The being you conversed with, actually stated, "I am god". VERY interesting. Given that, in my experience, "god" does not communicate with simple words -- that is very telling. I can only wonder "who" you were talking to, in reality, that would make such a bold claim. My advice: Don't quit your day job, just yet. Good luck with the book. Sadly, the people who will gravitate to your thinking are not the type you should want to be around. That does not bode well.

You have stated:
1. You have no interest in what other human animals think about their god.
2. You see nothing of any note in the reams I have supplied already that my "link" is in any way valid.
3. There is nothing I can tell you on this subject that merits your continued attention to my unimaginative answers.
4. You feel this thread is all about me.

The only advice I can then give you if these statements are correct is to not post in the thread. I guess my only question is: Why are you here?

TruthaboutGod

Thanks again for your responses Truthabout God.

I would also be interested in hearing about God's plan.

Why did not God recommend The Book Of Mormon to you as a fourth book?

I will C&P from the book concerning God's Plan:

What is God’s Plan? This question has been asked for ages. Many people feel that “God works in mysterious ways”, this is really untrue. At all times God knows exactly what He is doing and always follows His Plan. As God created mankind as a companion to God, God’s Plan is to “further the existence of mankind”. As we are God’s Children, He wants us to go forth and multiply in a productive manner. Is this not what you want for your children? Do you not want to see your children grow up and become a productive member of mankind? This is exactly what God wants for His children.(Mankind)

In fact God’s Plan was one of the first things that He revealed to me. If you read the introduction to this book, you have seen that I had a difficult time believing that God could allow so much chaos to exist in today’s world. It was only through His explanation that I understood that it is some of mankind, in man’s Freedom given by Him, that chooses to rebel against God by not following His Plan.

God did tell mankind His exact Plan in His very first words to mankind! Genesis 1-28:

Then God blessed them and God said to them “Be fruitful and multiply”.

God again reaffirms his plan in Genesis 2-24:

Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife and they shall become one flesh.

Something that is becoming more and more common today is homosexuality, and many ask where this is in God’s Plan. Well common sense would dictate that this behavior is definitely against God’s Plan, as it does not take mankind forward. It actually retards mankind, as “going forth and multiplying” is a natural impossibility to a homosexual. If you need an actual Biblical example we can find it in Leviticus 18-22:

You shall not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination.

And again in Leviticus 20-13:

If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them.

As far as the book of Mormon goes, this was never discussed. I have no knowledge of the contents of the book of Mormon, so I cannot even offer any comments about it.

TruthaboutGod

Why did God want you to make money off of this instead of me?

God had made it clear to me that I could write the book or someone else could. Although I am sure it was not the intent of God for this book to be seen as a "money maker". Don't buy the book, just check it out at your local library, therefore it costs you nothing :)

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
God had made it clear to me that I could write the book or someone else could. Although I am sure it was not the intent of God for this book to be seen as a "money maker". Don't buy the book, just check it out at your local library, therefore it costs you nothing :)

But the library still bought it. And how could I write the book when it's you who had the experience with God?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Truthaboutgod said:
...we can see that God actually encourages satan to lead us astray. This is not something “evil” that God has done, this is simply God having confidence in what He has created, knowing that some of us will never follow satan, regardless what satan offers us....

What a horrible god. This reasoning makes no moral sense.

cardero

Citizen Mod
God had made it clear to me that I could write the book or someone else could. Although I am sure it was not the intent of God for this book to be seen as a "money maker".
Amen. GOD is a "hard sell". Either everybody's already got one or the seller doesn't have the customer's color.

K.Venugopal

Immobile Wanderer
My question:
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.Venugopal
You first answered my question, “Did God create life?” by saying, “Yes, the life that we know, and the life we do not know (The Soul).” Where you have answered, “Yes, God created the Soul", you are now saying, "The Soul is the very essence of God and it is eternal (not created)". Are you contradicting yourself?

Your answer:
No, it is simply a matter of explanation. Our Soul is the very Essence of God. Our physical life,(Atomic) was created by God. Your reading was correct, it is simply a failure on my part to explain it correctly. The Soul that we have is the "Breath of Life" that God has given us. I guess to explain it better, it should read: "God provided/shared/gave us a Soul".
You have clearly equated Soul with Life. While at one place you said God created life, at another you say life (soul) is eternal. This is a contradiction. Please answer categorically - Did God create life or not?

Troublemane

1. Did you read the post that stated that God created Iblis, who later became satan?

Yup. So God created Iblis, who became satan....
2. Do you understand that satan leading us astray is from the Qur'an, not something I said?
OK but you quoted it in reference to satan, so i assumed you were using it as an explaination for your position. If not, please clarify.

3. Do you understand that the Bible states that God does not tempt anyone?
Yes, you quoted it. In James and other places....which is why I raised the question of why would God create iblis who then became satan, if satan is there to tempt man and God even encourages satan to tempt man. If God did not expressly create iblis to become satan, then God is not omnipotent (its the classic problem of evil). And if God does not want to tempt man to evil why does he encourage satan to do it? This is where I am finding big faults with your logic.
4. Can you point out where I stated that God created satan in order to tempt man?
5. Can you point out where I stated that God did not create satan in order to tempt man?

Um, you just said God created iblis who became satan, then encourages satan to tempt man. The argument is simply how can God create an evil being like satan if he does not want to tempt mankind? Please dont say its because he gave satan free will just like he gave mankind free will, thats absurd.--If satan had free will he would know hes not destined to win the final battle, and so should logically end his rebellion as theres no point to it. Why would he damn himself to eternal hell if he had free will? It makes no sense.

I personally don't believe in satan/the devil, whatever, so I personally don't have a problem discussing these things. I am merely interested to hear your explaination as to why you believe all these conflicting things?

Troublemane

What is God’s Plan? This question has been asked for ages. Many people feel that “God works in mysterious ways”, this is really untrue. At all times God knows exactly what He is doing and always follows His Plan. As God created mankind as a companion to God, God’s Plan is to “further the existence of mankind”. As we are God’s Children, He wants us to go forth and multiply in a productive manner. Is this not what you want for your children? Do you not want to see your children grow up and become a productive member of mankind? This is exactly what God wants for His children.(Mankind)

I simply cannot comprehend what this is supposed to mean. By this I take it to mean you are saying God just wants us to reproduce like rabbits?

I realize this is not a debate thread, but my friend Truth you have opened this forum claiming to explain to us everything about God, and so far I am having great difficulty understanding. I suppose I will just have to bow to the God within you and go on my merry way.
Peace & Light be upon you!
:bow:

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Can you answer questions about how God views specific sins...

Example... one that seems to divide people and is argued over..Divorce and remarriage?

God "hates" divorce right?..Its considered a sin right?..And once you are maried you are married to that person in Gods eyes for life ...So if you are divorced for whatever reason..Against your will..or you initiated it...or mutually agreed ....Some will argue that untill your ex husband or wife dies..you are committing adultery if you remarry...Because you havent "repented" of the sin of divorce for one you are actively sinning..And your second spouse isnt actually your spouse in Gods eyes(acording to some peoples translation)...So every day you are living in adultery..

Any thoughts or information on that?

Blessings

Dallas

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Also...

Specifically what is "seperation form God"...Is it living in active sin (rebellion)even though you believe Him?..Or is seperation denial that He exist even if you live morally and strive to love and help other people?

Is a moral,kind and compassionate person seperated from God and doomed eternally if they deny His existance?..

Or....when they die..will they see God and pronounce..thats who you were and recognize Him and be counted as chosen?

Because if God is love??..and the message is love...isnt love an action word ?..So if you are love in action arent you in obedience? Regardless of if you have a dialogue or "relationship" or acknowledge Him?

Blessings

Dallas

Random

This thread clearly illustrates all that is wrong with this forum, pretend "free thinkers", wacky believers and indeed the Internet, the World and the whole damn Universe.

"Freedom is not free, it has to be paid for".

So who paid for all the freedom to be demonstrably stupid?

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
This thread clearly illustrates all that is wrong with this forum, pretend "free thinkers", wacky believers and indeed the Internet, the World and the whole damn Universe.

I dont know if you are referring to me or not..But I suppose my stupidity freedom is paid for by me..or by whomever has to endure my stupidtiy.Or whomever suffers the conseqeunses of my stupidness.

Blessings

Dallas

John_672

Omnitheist
Hello Truthers,

I've done some thinking about the answers that you've provided and have come to a conclusion. I want you to understand where I am coming from with this conclusion, and why I felt it necessary to ask any questions at all...

First of all, you need to recognize how your actions these past few days might appear to others on this forum. You come on a forum which has the purpose of exploring and discussing all religions, claim you have spoken to God, and that you have all the answers. This gives the highly educated people of this good forum one or more of these three different impressions; 1) You are here to try to start your own religion, 2) You are here to try to convert people to your religion, 3) You are possibly mentally unstable. This puts me, and possibly others, on the defensive.

However, then you began answering your questions in a matter that proved that you were not interested in starting your own religion, that you weren't interested in converting people, and that you are at least as sane as your average man on the street. This leaves me with only one conclusion; you legitimately had a spiritual experience which took the form of a conversation with the Divine. Yet, had you approached this forum in a different manner, and breached the subject of this experience in a different manner, I wouldn't have doubted this from the beginning.

Discussing your personal spiritual experiences in a public manner is something that should be handled with a certain amount of diplomacy... which in my opinion you did not do, even though you meant no harm. Using diplomacy prevents much the teasing you are getting from other users, and allows us to take you more seriously.

I want to be clear in that I don't agree with everything you are saying. In my personal spiritual experiences, it has been my understanding that every manner of emotional love and the physical expression of that love is acceptable to the Divine. Similarly, it is my impression that "God's Plan" for humanity has nothing to do with child raising, but instead is to experience life, learn, and grow. However, now that I understand that you open to such discussion and disagreements, I have more respect towards you.

I look forward to debating with you on the finer points of humanity's birth-right to commune with the divine. Now do you have any questions for me? Namaste. :)

A

angellous_evangellous

:biglaugh:

Dallas, I don't think that this is referring to you.

A

angellous_evangellous

This leaves me with only one conclusion; you legitimately had a spiritual experience which took the form of a conversation with the Divine. Yet, had you approached this forum in a different manner, and breached the subject of this experience in a different manner, I wouldn't have doubted this from the beginning.

Please.

I find it to be a rather pathetic attempt to be heard. Masking one's own views as God's is a trick as old as prostitution, though not as reliably profitable.

It seems that RF is a place that attracts people like this who exploit the membership to peddle their trinkets, and I suppose we have to live with it.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
:biglaugh:

Dallas, I don't think that this is referring to you.

Oh ..O.K.. :sorry1:

I've been called stupid so many times I just assumed I was at the very least included.It doesnt bother me anymore..I just accept it..(that I can at least act stupid or be stupid sometimes)..Plus Im a horrilbe speller ..and even words I can spell I mess up because I type too fast..Plus I never even graduated high school..

Anywway Im glad this time I wasnt stupid.....

Blessings

Dallas