• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ayran is synonymous with Sanskrit, and what all happened to the people who speak the Tamil language

River Sea

@GoodAttention

I'll learn from this - I understand the Indians and Aryans traded.

@Bharat Jhunjhunwala thinks this trading could had happened during 300 BCE

Other people think it happened earlier or the Indians and Aryans merged.

@Bharat Jhunjhunwala thinks no merging but only trading. and during 300 bce

And there's no invading

Earlier I was thinking OIT which is no Aryans in India and only Indians in India and some of the Indians left. Oit means indians leaving india and no invading., this is the side i was on the oit. however the most i research is exodus. so i hadn't advance as far as 300 bce, 'till recently. it was then i learn trading had taken place. that was new for me to learn.

When I saw that article I saw the word stolen in reference to words

I thought it was for us to explore the different situations with words

example the months of researching about borrow loanwords.

Suddenly I saw the word stolen as if there's another means of what happens to words

However as I re-read this article on post 73., it claims the stolen of the rigveda and that's words

so I'll learn from this. And the reasoning for me to put it in this thread is to comprehend.

From borrow loanwords that we were researching. however this article shows stolen words.

and maybe where the racisms is in the article is the fact that there were no invasion and the article claims there was.,

could that be the racisms in the article?

Last edited:

GoodAttention

@GoodAttention

Here's the full article.

Please explain why you think this article is racist. I don't comprehend how you think this is.

I've been re-reading it over and over again, and I don't see where the racist is, will you show me?

here's full article that you claim is racist, will you show me, where, as I been re-reading it

The Sunday Tribune - Spectrum - Article

Was Akkadian the language of the
Indus Valley civilisation?
By Ajay Pratap Singh​
THE Indian literary tradition hallowed by time, distinguished by its vast expanse, is perhaps unique in human history. And yet when we talk of particulars, we are at a loss. Sanskrit literature has two epics and eighteen major Puranas, all pertaining to the India’s past. The earliest known form of Sanskrit is the Rigvedic language. The roots of this language can be traced back to the Aryas who presumably came from Central Asia. Ultimately these studies culminated in the formulation of a proposition since then known as the Indo-European Theory.
The Indo-European Theory’s assumptions were based mainly on the reference to a clan called Aria (or Arya) in the Rigveda, and on the linguistic similarities between Greek, Latin, Iranian and Sanskrit. The technique used for the domestication of horse and the use of iron for weapons was assumed to be their forte. This superior technological knowledge was supposed to be the cause of their victory over the barbaric races inhabiting northern India. The Indus valley civilisation was discovered and at once it added three millennia to Indian history. The Indus valley civilisation spread over a vast area from the foothills of the Himalayas to Baluchistan. Its lifespan extended over twelve hundred years begining from 3100 BC. The Indus valley is known for its manifold achievements, such as the standardisation of all products, use of standard weights and measures for commercial purposes, its monumental architecture, town planning and strict administrative system.​

Dr Malati Shendge

It is this very premise that Pune based Indian Indologist, Dr Malati J. Shendge has questioned. Dr Shendge has worked for almost two decades on her book The language of Harappans; From Akkadian to Sanskrit, published by the Nehru Centre, London. Her work differs from the earlier hypothesis which, basing itself on circumstantial evidence considers Proto-Dravidian to be the language of the Harappans.
In her, earlier work, The civilised demons : The Harappans in Rigveda, she identified the Harappans with the Rigveda and the Vedic literature. She showed that the events described in the Rigvedic poems actually took place on the banks of the Indus and its tributaries. A re-examination of the Rigveda shows that it speaks of the source and their allies, the Rakashas, Pishachs, Yakshas and the Grandharvas. These were the names of the clans that were residing in the Indus Valley before the Aryas came there, defeated, dispossessed them and look their land. Their attempts to settle down in the Indus Valley led to a long drawn conflict with the settled population. The Asuras were defeated by fair means or foul. The event described in Rigvedic poems, actually did take place, and these conflicts form the theme of these poems.
The Asura culture, as described in the Rigvedic poems bears a close resemblance to the Indus Valley culture.The Rigveda, and in fact all the four vedas were stolen from the Asuras. The evidence for this is found in the Samhitas. The authors of these works were of Asura origin, and wrote about their own people and land, that is, the region of the Indus. Essentially, the culture described in the Rigveda is the culture as practised by the Asuras in the Indus Valley. This directly links the Rigveda with the Mahabharata, whose first chapter speaks only of the Asura kings, their kingdoms their descendants etc.
After this new hypothesis the question of the language of the Indus civilisation crops up. Basing her theory on archaeological evidence, Shendge says, "The earlier works and other details mentioned in the context of the Asuras proves that the Harappan language was related to their Iraqi counterparts." She proves that the language of the Indus Civilisation was essentially the language of the Asuras, and was Akkadian, the earliest known semitic language. Amongst the words which cognate in Sanskrit and Akkadian are the names of all the Vedic gods, as well as the presently popular deities like Vitthal, Vithoba, Shiva, Uma, Shankar; names of Rig Vedic poets like Laba Baru etc; names of priests such as Vasishtha, Atri ; names of Asuras kinship terminology ; words for body parts, body defects, horse, furniture and a variety of other words. Comparisons of Akkadian and Sanskrit words yielded at least 400 words in both languages with comparable phonetic and semantic similarities. Thus Sanskrit has, in fact, descended from Akkadian. So Sanskrit is a local language and not brought over by the Aryans as widely believed. Even the Vedic literature, Shendge points out maintains that Asuras language was stolen by the Devas. This language was purified by the Devasand become Sanskrita i.e cultivated and purified.​
The most important contribution of Shendge’s work is that it establishes a cultural continuity from the Indus Civilisation to the Vedic literature, to the present day.

Home

That source isn't only racist, it is moronic, and written by a politician from the BJP party (Ajay Pratap Singh - Wikipedia).

To those people it makes senses, since it puts the Vedas and Sanskrit on a pedastal. One author, one, was found to push this agenda, Dr Malati Shendge, who died in 2015. Her article Sealed for eternity? Review of ‘Unsealing the Indus Script. Anatomy of its Decipherment’ was written in 2012 has NEVER been cited by any other scholar. It does not appear she was known outside of her own circle.

Indus Valley script and language it believed to be closer to Tamil (Proto-Dravidian) than any other language including Sanskrit.

Bharat Jhunjhunwala

TruthPrevails
@GoodAttention

I'll learn from this - I understand the Indians and Aryans traded.

@Bharat Jhunjhunwala thinks this trading could had happened during 300 BCE

Other people think it happened earlier or the Indians and Aryans merged.

@Bharat Jhunjhunwala thinks no merging but only trading. and during 300 bce

And there's no invading

Earlier I was thinking OIT which is no Aryans in India and only Indians in India and some of the Indians left. Oit means indians leaving india and no invading., this is the side i was on the oit. however the most i research is exodus. so i hadn't advance as far as 300 bce, 'till recently. it was then i learn trading had taken place. that was new for me to learn.

When I saw that article I saw the word stolen in reference to words

I thought it was for us to explore the different situations with words

example the months of researching about borrow loanwords.

Suddenly I saw the word stolen as if there's another means of what happens to words

However as I re-read this article on post 73., it claims the stolen of the rigveda and that's words

so I'll learn from this. And the reasoning for me to put it in this thread is to comprehend.

From borrow loanwords that we were researching. however this article shows stolen words.

and maybe where the racisms is in the article is the fact that there were no invasion and the article claims there was.,

could that be the racisms in the article?
Trading has taken place from 3000 BCE till present continuously, at around 1500 BCE some traders brought the Proto-Indo-European language from Central Asia to the Indus Valley. At this same time, Moses led the people of the Indus Valley on the exodus to West Asia. So, there was a two-way movement in 1500 BCE.

River Sea

Trading has taken place from 3000 BCE till present continuously, at around 1500 BCE some traders brought the Proto-Indo-European language from Central Asia to the Indus Valley. At this same time, Moses led the people of the Indus Valley on the exodus to West Asia. So, there was a two-way movement in 1500 BCE.

I keep seeing Proto-Indo-European in the discussions. How come? When before @Aupmanyav explained that European words need to be in another thread.

@Bharat Jhunjhunwala changed his views when trading with Europeans in ancient India from 300 BCE to 1500 BCE., please @Bharat Jhunjhunwala explain what caused this change of views? Is it because this word European is located in ancient central Asia instead of further north? Because ancient central asia was where in 1500 BCE was it closer to ancient India? Will you please show me map where you @Bharat Jhunjhunwala think where European ancient central Asia was located during 1500 BCE?

@Bharat Jhunjhunwala wrote, "at around 1500 BCE some traders brought the Proto-Indo-European language from Central Asia to the Indus Valley. At this same time, Moses led the people of the Indus Valley on the exodus to West Asia. So, there was a two-way movement in 1500 BCE."

@Bharat Jhunjhunwala keeps changing his views when trading happens. Keep this in mind @Aupmanyav maybe @Bharat Jhunjhunwala is in the process of learning when? Because it's now earlier 1500 BCE when trading, because before it was 300 BCE. So there's a change and I'm asking what caused the change? You @Aupmanyav have trading and merging from 5000 BCE from Afghanistan to in ancient India - would that be where @Bharat Jhunjhunwala think's where ancient Asia was Afghanistan? However only trading and no merging, and no invading. I never claimed invading as I understood OIT. The question in this post is @Bharat Jhunjhunwala changing when trading as he changes it from 300 BCE to 1500 BCE. Due to the word European is Asia. So would Asia be Afghanistan back in 1500 BCE @Bharat Jhunjhunwala

@GoodAttention What are your thoughts on the Europeans during 1900 BCE, and where were the Europeans from Central Asia? Can you show me a map, and were they trading in Ancient India during 1900 BCE?

@Bharat Jhunjhunwala claims that Europeans from Central Asia traded in ancient India during 1500 BCE; were Europeans from Central Asia trading in Ancient India during 1900 BCE as well? @GoodAttention

However keep in mind @GoodAttention in another post @Bharat Jhunjhunwala was claiming 300 BCE when this trading happened, so I'm wondering what caused the change of when? Is it realizing this word Europeans located but where was ancient Asia during 1900 BCE and @Bharat Jhunjhunwala when ancient Asia during 1500 BCE., because when I see ancient Asia at a later date such as this website below, it shows a greater area then when 1900 BCE? and 1500 BCE?

Website not showing during 1900 BCE or 1500 BCE however still interesting showing central-asia -- so @Bharat Jhunjhunwala and @GoodAttention where was ancient central asia around 1500 BCE and 1900 BCE? Compared to this map showing ancient central asia at a later dates?

ANCIENT CENTRAL ASIA MINTS MAP LEGEND

Please follow the links below to see enlarged coin details, attribution and additional documentation.

1. TARSOS, CILICIA

Datames Silver Stater – 384-362 BC.

2. TARSOS, CILICIA

Persian Cilicia Stater – 361-334 BC.

3. PHASELIS, LYCIA

Phaselis Silver Stater – Circa 350 BC.

4. KROMNA, PAPHLAGONIA

Persic Silver Drachm – Circa 340 BC.

5. MERV(?), BAKTRIA

Silver Tetradrachm – 200-185 BC.

6. ANTIOCHIA MAGIANA(?), BAKTRIA

Commemorative Silver Tetradrachm – 170 BC.

7. UNKNOWN MINT, BAKTRIA

Silver drachm – 150-130 BC.

8. EKBATANA, PARTHIA

Mithradates II Silver Drachm – 119-109 BC.

9. PUSHKALAVATI(?), BAKTRIA

Rare Bearded Strato I Drachm – 85 BC.

10. BANNU, INDO-SCYTHIA

Azes I Silver Tetradrachm – 57-35 BC.

11. LAODICEA AD MARE, PROVINCIAL ROME

Roman Silver Tetradrachm – 209-211 AD.

12. CTESIPHON, SASANIAN EMPIRE

Ardashir I Coronation Drachm – 233-238 AD.

13. ALEXANDRIA, PROVINCIAL ROME

Philip I Tetradrachm – 244 AD.

14. AXUM, AKSUMITE KINGDOM

Ousanas I Gold 1/2 Solidus – 300-330 AD.

15. AMID-KAVAD(?), SASANIAN KINGDOM

Hustav II Silver Drachm – 627/8 AD.

16. HEKATOMPYLOS, PARTHIA

Phriapatios Silver Drachm – 185-170 BC.

The entire Ancient Nomos Art Central Asia Gallery may be viewed here:

ANAM Ancient Central Asia Gallery

1727455622173.png

Last edited:

River Sea

That source isn't only racist, it is moronic, and written by a politician from the BJP party (Ajay Pratap Singh - Wikipedia).

To those people it makes senses, since it puts the Vedas and Sanskrit on a pedastal. One author, one, was found to push this agenda, Dr Malati Shendge, who died in 2015. Her article Sealed for eternity? Review of ‘Unsealing the Indus Script. Anatomy of its Decipherment’ was written in 2012 has NEVER been cited by any other scholar. It does not appear she was known outside of her own circle.

Indus Valley script and language it believed to be closer to Tamil (Proto-Dravidian) than any other language including Sanskrit.

@GoodAttention I look at website you shared and further down the website explained about Ajay Pratap Singh
Pratap Singh (born 28 April 1967) is an Indian politician and one of the senior most leader of Madhya pradesh BJP unit. He was elected to the Rajya Sabha from Madhya Pradesh on 15 March 2018.[1] Earlier He also worked as State General Secretary, Vice president and Secretary of BJP Madhya Pradesh Organisation. In 2011 he Also Worked as a chairman(Cabinet Minister Rank)of Vindhya Development Authority.

@GoodAttention wrote that Ajay Pratap Singh puts Vedas and Sanskrit on a pedestal.

@GoodAttention You are researching the Tamil (Proto-Dravidian) language. So was Ajay Pratap Singh not aware of the Tamil (Proto-Dravidian) language? How come Ajay Pratap Singh does not put the Tamil (Proto-Dravidian) language on a pedestal? What was this about putting Sanskrit on a pedestal vs. not putting Tamil (Proto-Dravidian) language on the pedestal? Did that also happen in the 1900 BCE, where some people put Sanskrit on a pedestal and not put Tamil (Proto-Dravidian) on a pedestal?

Could Ajay Pratap Singh learn about how the Sanskrit and Tamil languages were sisters? If Ajay Pratap Singh couldn't learn this, what prevented Ajay Pratap Singh from learning about this?

Last edited:

River Sea

Your thoughts on this, @GoodAttention? Any names in Tamil language about this? I only share a little bit from the PDF. If you want to see the full PDF, go click on the PDF by Vijaya Bhaarati.

The Indus Script, Vedic Religion And World History *
By vijaya bhaarati

Soma is veda patra/viirabhadra(beer).

screenshot
1727470510755.png

vijaya bhaarati wrote: Recent excavations in Abydos-Egypt –unearthed a beer factory , dated to the Period of King Narmer,During the first dynastic period 3150BCE -2613 BCE. The photo shows pottery basins used to heat up a mixture of grains and water to prepare beer(soma/ madhu/madira/lahari/nagari/pura/sura).

Your thoughts, any vocabulary in Tamil about the pdf above @GoodAttention and any trading beer with Ancient India and thoughts on fermenting marula fruit shown video below, any names in Tamil language about this?

Nature makes alcohol on its own. Elephants, apes and other animals have been getting plastered on fermenting marula fruit since before humans arrived on the scene.

Copernicus

Industrial Strength Linguist
From an archeological perspective, the Indo-Aryan branch of Indo-European languages sprang from the Sintashta culture. (See also Wikipedia's Indo-Iranians page.)

The Sintashta culture[a] is a Middle Bronze Age archaeological culture of the Southern Urals,[1] dated to the period c. 2200–1900 BCE.[2][3] It is the first phase of the Sintashta–Petrovka complex,[4] c. 2200–1750 BCE. The culture is named after the Sintashta archaeological site, in Chelyabinsk Oblast, Russia, and spreads through Orenburg Oblast, Bashkortostan, and Northern Kazakhstan. Widely regarded as the origin of the Indo-Iranian languages,[5][6][7] whose speakers originally referred to themselves as the Aryans,[8][9] the Sintashta culture is thought to represent an eastward migration of peoples from the Corded Ware culture.[10][11][12][13]
The earliest known chariots have been found in Sintashta burials, and the culture is considered a strong candidate for the origin of the technology, which spread throughout the Old World and played an important role in ancient warfare.[14][15][16][17] Sintashta settlements are also remarkable for the intensity of copper mining and bronze metallurgy carried out there, which is unusual for a steppe culture.[18] Among the main features of the Sintashta culture are high levels of militarism and extensive fortified settlements, of which 23 are known.[19]
The technical innovation that led to their spread was likely the invention of the war chariot. The use of chariots spread westward into Europe and Eastward towards modern China. A signature character of Indo-Europeans was the use of domesticated horses.

There has been a lot of misinformation about the history and languages in this thread--too much to go into many details--but people will find very rich sources of information online. For example, the non-Indo-European Harappan culture had nothing to do with cuneiform writing, and it is not known even to have been related to Dravidian culture or Tamil. There may be some recent evidence of a relationship that I am not aware of, but we don't even know for certain whether Harappan (Indus Valley) script was a language-based writing system or some other form of symbolic expression. A few scholars have claimed that there are some similarities to Brahmi script writing (of which Sanskrit devanagari is a derivative), but I am unfamiliar with their claims. The Indus Valley civilization did not appear to have much, if anything, to do with the horse-based Indo-Iranian culture. The Hebrew language is Semitic, not Indo-Aryan, and its religion evolved from polytheistic Akkadian roots, not Indo-Aryan culture.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
@GoodAttention , who believes that and on what evidence? All claims are fiction.
IVC script is not deciphered, it remains unknown. It could be Tamil, Sanskrit, Spanish, Chinese or Egyptian (more so because of hieroglyphics).
Ajay Pratap Singh is a state-level leader of BJP. He is not a historian. Being member of committees is no big deal. He is a has-been.

Last edited:

GoodAttention

There has been a lot of misinformation about the history and languages in this thread--too much to go into many details--but people will find very rich sources of information online. For example, the non-Indo-European Harappan culture had nothing to do with cuneiform writing, and it is not known even to have been related to Dravidian culture or Tamil. There may be some recent evidence of a relationship that I am not aware of, but we don't even know for certain whether Harappan (Indus Valley) script was a language-based writing system or some other form of symbolic expression. A few scholars have claimed that there are some similarities to Brahmi script writing (of which Sanskrit devanagari is a derivative), but I am unfamiliar with their claims. The Indus Valley civilization did not appear to have much, if anything, to do with the horse-based Indo-Iranian culture. The Hebrew language is Semitic, not Indo-Aryan, and its religion evolved from polytheistic Akkadian roots, not Indo-Aryan culture.

LOL. Thanks for your input. Best you move on.

@GoodAttention I look at website you shared and further down the website explained about Ajay Pratap Singh
Pratap Singh (born 28 April 1967) is an Indian politician and one of the senior most leader of Madhya pradesh BJP unit. He was elected to the Rajya Sabha from Madhya Pradesh on 15 March 2018.[1] Earlier He also worked as State General Secretary, Vice president and Secretary of BJP Madhya Pradesh Organisation. In 2011 he Also Worked as a chairman(Cabinet Minister Rank)of Vindhya Development Authority.

@GoodAttention wrote that Ajay Pratap Singh puts Vedas and Sanskrit on a pedestal.

@GoodAttention You are researching the Tamil (Proto-Dravidian) language. So was Ajay Pratap Singh not aware of the Tamil (Proto-Dravidian) language? How come Ajay Pratap Singh does not put the Tamil (Proto-Dravidian) language on a pedestal? What was this about putting Sanskrit on a pedestal vs. not putting Tamil (Proto-Dravidian) language on the pedestal? Did that also happen in the 1900 BCE, where some people put Sanskrit on a pedestal and not put Tamil (Proto-Dravidian) on a pedestal?

Could Ajay Pratap Singh learn about how the Sanskrit and Tamil languages were sisters? If Ajay Pratap Singh couldn't learn this, what prevented Ajay Pratap Singh from learning about this?
@GoodAttention , who believes that and on what evidence? All claims are fiction.
IVC script is not deciphered, it remains unknown. It could be Tamil, Sanskrit, Spanish, Chinese or Egyptian (more so because of hieroglyphics).
Ajay Pratap Singh is a state-level leader of BJP. He is not a historian. Being member of committees is no big deal. He is a has-been.

Here is an article written in 2022 which we can discuss the merits of if you are interested. Also added is the Wikipedia entry which is informative.

Ajay Pratap Singh gets to use an otherwise reputable newpaper to voice his garbage, do you have anything to say to that @Aupmanyav?

I will say this, it is people like him that will burn my fire to find the answer, and also fracture the jaws of these racist scum so I can watch them pick their teeth off the pavement one by one (metaphorically speaking).

Copernicus

LOL. Thanks for your input. Best you move on.

If that is your attempt at a refutation of the portion of my post that you seemed to be replying to, then I'm happy to let it stand unrefuted by you. I'm right here, if you want to actually address the content of what I posted. Bear in mind that I am an experienced professional linguist with a strong background in AI and computational linguistics. So I'm not just making comments based on random things I've picked up on the internet.

Here is an article written in 2022 which we can discuss the merits of if you are interested. Also added is the Wikipedia entry which is informative.

I enjoyed both of the articles, but I'm not really sure what you think either of those articles prove. They contradict nothing that I said, and I suspect that you may have gotten a lot less from those articles than you think you did. Just citing them here is not actually making a point, especially since the first article doesn't come to any conclusive answer to the question posed in the headline. I'm not an expert in historical linguistics or the Indus Valley research, but I have followed the literature enough to know something of the extent of my ignorance on the subject. I still have an open mind on the question of whether the so-called Indus Valley script is really linguistic or another type of symbolic communication based perhaps on ideographs (concepts) rather than logographs (words). Neither of your citations resolved that question in any concrete way, but I did not expect them to.

Ajay Pratap Singh gets to use an otherwise reputable newpaper to voice his garbage, do you have anything to say to that @Aupmanyav?

I've known Aupmanyav a long time online, and I chose not to comment on his specific posts in this thread. I've just come across the thread today, and there were too many posts for me to address. I have a lot of differences with Aup's political opinions, and that somewhat naturally gets tangled up with linguistics issues, especially in a country as linguistically diverse as India. India happens to be the birthplace of all modern linguistic theory, so I can say that I have a lot of respect for Hindu scholars and the historical contribution of that country to my field. My main expertise in that area has been some courses and research in both Sanskrit and Hindi, but I am far from being a seasoned expert in Indian linguistics.

I will say this, it is people like him that will burn my fire to find the answer, and also fracture the jaws of these racist scum so I can watch them pick their teeth off the pavement one by one (metaphorically speaking).

I'm glad that you oppose racism, as should we all, but I'd rather confine my remarks to scholarly issues rather than personalities. The information on Ajay Pratap Singh posted here seems somewhat amateurish, but insignificant in terms of what it tells us about IV culture.

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru

Can it? Has it? Till now, NO. Indus inscription (on seals and otherwise) are too short to reveal the secret. Wikipedia says nothing definite about it.

And who is this Ajay Pratap Singh? Why should he be taken as A.P.Singh of BJP? A.P.Singh of BJP has a Master's degree in some discipline, but I have not been able to find his specialization. The article does not give any information about the writer. Ajay Pratap Singh is a common name in many communities in India, particularly Rajputs and Yadavs. There are thousands of Ajay Pratap Singhs in India. At one time, one was my next-door neighbor. A Google Search introduces you to many Ajay Pratap Singhs of India:

Ajay Pratap Singh - Google Search :)

Perhaps the writer is a Master's student of history or research scholar in some university (I go with Copernicus to say that the article was amaturish, rather than the language, it spoke about an earlier historian, Malati Shendge). Malati Shengde belonged to the lower castes of Mahsarashtra. So, She tried to prove that IVC language was Dravidian and even more hurtful to Hindu chauvinists to say that it even Sanskrit was derived from Akkadian. This Ajay Pratap Singh also is from the so-called lower castes and is espousing what Malati Shengde said. Caste prejudices come up every where in life, even in research. During the 55-year Congress rule after independence, those who derided Hinduism were rewarded. Malati Shengde too, was on the faculty of Jawaharlal Nehru University, a hot-bed of anti-Hindus and pseudo-socialists.

In my time also as a Master's student of history, I wrote a nice presentation on the first four Khalifas of Islam, the Rashidun. It could have been published in a newspapers. However, I did not complete my Master's and got busy in other things. All newspapers need feed, specially for Sunday editions. Not many worry about the quality of the articles.

Last edited:

GoodAttention

Can it? Has it? Till now, NO. Indus inscription (on seals and otherwise) are too short to reveal the secret. Wikipedia says nothing definite about it.

And who is this Ajay Pratap Singh? Why should he be taken as A.P.Singh of BJP? A.P.Singh of BJP has a Master's degree in some discipline, but I have not been able to find his specialization. The article does not give any information about the writer. Ajay Pratap Singh is a common name in many communities in India, particularly Rajputs and Yadavs. There are thousands of Ajay Pratap Singhs in India. At one time, one was my next-door neighbor. A Google Search introduces you to many Ajay Pratap Singhs of India:

Ajay Pratap Singh - Google Search :)

Perhaps the writer is a Master's student of history or research scholar in some university (I go with Copernicus to say that the article was amaturish, rather than the language, it spoke about an earlier historian, Malati Shendge). Malati Shengde belonged to the lower castes of Mahsarashtra. So, She tried to prove that IVC language was Dravidian and even more hurtful to Hindu chauvinists to say that it even Sanskrit was derived from Akkadian. This Ajay Pratap Singh also is from the so-called lower castes and is espousing what Malati Shengde said. Caste prejudices come up every where in life, even in research. During the 55-year Congress rule after independence, those who derided Hinduism were rewarded. Malati Shengde too, was on the faculty of Jawaharlal Nehru University, a hot-bed of anti-Hindus and pseudo-socialists.

In my time also as a Master's student of history, I wrote a nice presentation on the first four Khalifas of Islam, the Rashidun. It could have been published in a newspapers. However, I did not complete my Master's and got busy in other things. All newspapers need feed, specially for Sunday editions. Not many worry about the quality of the articles.

Thanks for your input, but for your age and years here I will say no further.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Thanks for your input, but for your age and years here I will say no further.
Do not hesitate to clobber me with your comments.

Tamil/Hindi struggle is a political struggle between the ruling party in Delhi and the ruling dynasty (the Karunanidhis) in Tamilnadu. Depending on the situation, the ruling dynasty in Tamilnadu aligns or contests with the ruling party in Delhi. At the moment they are aligning with the Gandhi dynasty of Indian National Congress. Karunanidhi was the Chief Minister of Tamilnadu. At present, his son Stalin is the Chief Minister. Grandson Dayanidhi is slated to be the Deputy Chief Minister. Step sister, Kanimozhi is a member of Indian Paliament. M. Alagiri was a Central Minister. Murasoli Maran, a nephew (maternal) was a Central Minister. Murasoli Maran's son, Kalanidhi Maran controls the fmily's business ventures. Kalanidhi's younger brother, Dayanidhi Maran also has been a Central Minister. Every one of them is a billionaire.
Check it here: Karunanidhi family - Wikipedia

Read it here: When did Karunanidhi aligned with BJP? at DuckDuckGo

"The sharp-tongued, quick witted Karunanidhi was a five-time chief minister, who wielded considerable influence beyond his own state, in the corridors of power in New Delhi, for a long time, sewing up alliances with both the Congress and the BJP."

karunanidhi-family.jpg

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I've known Aupmanyav a long time online, ..
Yeah, a long time. You joined IIDB in 2017, I was there from 2006. So, more than 7 years.
But it seems I am missing something, and have been discussing things with you for a longer time.
I found out the reason. You are in RF in 2008 and I am here since 2007. So, 16 years.
We first met at RF itself. (QED)

Last edited:

Copernicus

Yeah, a long time. You joined IIDB in 2017, I was there from 2006. So, more than 7 years.
But it seems I am missing something, and have been discussing things with you for a longer time.
I found out the reason. You are in RF in 2008 and I am here since 2007. So, 16 years.
We first met at RF itself. (QED)

Don't forget the Secular Cafe, when it still existed. We had some interactions there because I was one of the moderators and frequent posters.

GoodAttention

Do not hesitate to clobber me with your comments.

Tamil/Hindi struggle is a political struggle between the ruling party in Delhi and the ruling dynasty (the Karunanidhis) in Tamilnadu. Depending on the situation, the ruling dynasty in Tamilnadu aligns or contests with the ruling party in Delhi. At the moment they are aligning with the Gandhi dynasty of Indian National Congress. Karunanidhi was the Chief Minister of Tamilnadu. At present, his son Stalin is the Chief Minister. Grandson Dayanidhi is slated to be the Deputy Chief Minister. Step sister, Kanimozhi is a member of Indian Paliament. M. Alagiri was a Central Minister. Murasoli Maran, a nephew (maternal) was a Central Minister. Murasoli Maran's son, Kalanidhi Maran controls the fmily's business ventures. Kalanidhi's younger brother, Dayanidhi Maran also has been a Central Minister. Every one of them is a billionaire.
Check it here: Karunanidhi family - Wikipedia

Read it here: When did Karunanidhi aligned with BJP? at DuckDuckGo

"The sharp-tongued, quick witted Karunanidhi was a five-time chief minister, who wielded considerable influence beyond his own state, in the corridors of power in New Delhi, for a long time, sewing up alliances with both the Congress and the BJP."

karunanidhi-family.jpg

What is there to say?

You are not interested in what is being said, only who is saying it, and caste politics.

M. Karunanidhi is not the King of Tamils, and Ajay Pratap Singh is an imbecile whether he is a Brahmin or low-caste.

Copernicus

What is there to say?

You are not interested in what is being said, only who is saying it, and caste politics.

M. Karunanidhi is not the King of Tamils, and Ajay Pratap Singh is an imbecile whether he is a Brahmin or low-caste.

If you are going to criticize another for being only interested in who is saying something, you ought not to then focus on who is saying things you disagree with. These kinds of ad hominem attacks are intended to refute arguments solely on the basis of the individual making the argument, not the flaws in the argument itself.

GoodAttention

If you are going to criticize another for being only interested in who is saying something, you ought not to then focus on who is saying things you disagree with. These kinds of ad hominem attacks are intended to refute arguments solely on the basis of the individual making the argument, not the flaws in the argument itself.

You have a habit of involving yourself in my conversations with others, I ask that you refrain from doing this.

I remind you this is not a debate thread.

Copernicus

You have a habit of involving yourself in my conversations with others, I ask that you refrain from doing this.

I remind you this is not a debate thread.

You are correct. Sorry about that. I thought the topic interesting and forget to check the status of the thread. Not sure that the rules prevent involving oneself in comments not directed to me, but I'll withdraw from this thread in order to avoid making another mistake.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Your first statement is true. I would not be so harsh on Ajay Pratap Singh.
Most probably, he is a young person studying history and perhaps some day he will rise above caste prejudices and be a true historian.

Tamil has been given all due respect. It is a state language and also is classified along with Sanskrit as a classical language.
But Tamils need to understand that only Hindi can be the common language of India without disrespect to other languages (and not be carried away by misleading political or religious stances).

Hindi (43.63%)
Bengali (8.30%)
Marathi (6.83%)
Telugu (6.70%)
Tamil (5.70%)
Gujarati (4.58%)

Last edited: