• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Brussels Under Attack

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Halacha (Jewish Law) does not allow the killing of Jews if they convert out of the faith.

Jumi

Omg is center of power , was a target is only you do not understand why.
I been Belgium in caves is statue of British soldier , he saved people in cave from Nazi . It really flat like a big field

You're not making any sense. Attacking random civilians is not attacking the power that was against the Iraq war and no statue caused the war.

metis

I'm still not understanding, let's take another route.

Who exactly in that passage should be stoned to death, according to God, and for what? Please be specific.

Someone is getting stoned to death at Gods command. Who and why? Jews only? Are the Jews doing the stoning, or are the Jews being stoned?
Judaism is "a work in progress", thus we are directed by the Talmud not to take many of the harsh penalties as found in Torah that mostly dealt with our time in the wilderness whereas we had no jails or prisons. The writings of the prophets as found in the Tanakh frequently argued for mercy and forgiveness.

Many Jews have converted to other faiths, and have you ever heard or read of any of them being killed for that? None that I ever run across over my 71 years.

metis

OK so God told the Jews to kill non-believers. I don't see how it differs from Allah telling the Muslims to kill non-believers.
No, it doesn't. Matter of fact, this is forbidden under Jewish Law unless we are attacked ourselves. Offensive wars could only be designated as such by prophets, and we've been past the "prophetic age" for over 2000 years now.

SpeaksForTheTrees

You're not making any sense. Attacking random civilians is not attacking the power that was against the Iraq war and no statue caused the war.
Right I explain
USA UK and few others permanent members of UN
USA UK still permanent member of UN
I'm only not making sense as you do not comprehend the relevance to isis
I live not so far from Belgium
Isis hate United Nation and everything it stand for , whatever that might be .

SpeaksForTheTrees

Judaism is "a work in progress", thus we are directed by the Talmud not to take many of the harsh penalties as found in Torah that mostly dealt with our time in the wilderness whereas we had no jails or prisons. The writings of the prophets as found in the Tanakh frequently argued for mercy and forgiveness.

Many Jews have converted to other faiths, and have you ever heard or read of any of them being killed for that? None that I ever run across over my 71 years.
Idolater laws need looking at I'm a christian it offends ,many good people ,more so when its not considered practical to enforce today , however tomorrow still an option .
Judaism parent religion its children Islam and Christian its calls idolaters and condems ,
Excuse me for being confused

SpeaksForTheTrees

No, it doesn't. Matter of fact, this is forbidden under Jewish Law unless we are attacked ourselves. Offensive wars could only be designated as such by prophets, and we've been past the "prophetic age" for over 2000 years now.
Is 613 on a tzitzit , idolaters is anyone not Jewish .
If you can not remember all 613
Is impractical to enforce , however still part of the 613.
550 laws are easy, to hate my parents who idoilate as christian , how can I ever convert to Judaism .
I love my parent more than life itself

metis

Idolater laws need looking at I'm a christian it offends ,many good people ,more so when its not considered practical to enforce today , however tomorrow still an option .
Judaism parent religion its children Islam and Christian its calls idolaters and condems ,
Excuse me for being confused
Even though they have a common core, these three religions went their own way increasingly over time. Therefore, it'simportant to see them as they are now versus just looking at how they operated in the distant past.

metis

Is 613 on a tzitzit , idolaters is anyone not Jewish .
If you can not remember all 613
Is impractical to enforce , however still part of the 613.
550 laws are easy, to hate my parents who idoilate as christian , how can I ever convert to Judaism .
I love my parent more than life itself
Our 613 Laws are of our concern, plus this is really not what is supposed to be under discussion under what happened this morning. What happened today in Brussels was very tragic, so turning this into some sort of religious argument is terrible, imo.

So, let's return back to that, OK?

SpeaksForTheTrees

Our 613 Laws are of our concern, plus this is really not what is supposed to be under discussion under what happened this morning. What happened today in Brussels was very tragic, so turning this into some sort of religious argument is terrible, imo.

So, let's return back to that, OK?
Sure my pleasure
Is obvious the atrocity of today occurred due to mythologems that still exist today.
As parent religion who set this standard for mankind , do you have any comment ?

godnotgod

Thou art That
Is a 3 way relationship
Abraham , and two son
Judaism + Sons Islam and Christian
Only father can stop his sons fighting and only if he chooses

Except that 'Father' is a fantasy; and so the fighting continues, each one vying for favoritism from an imaginary authority figure, with the rest of the world suffering from the fallout.

SpeaksForTheTrees

Except that 'Father' is a fantasy; and so the fighting continues, each one vying for favoritism from an imaginary authority figure, with the rest of the world suffering from the fallout.
That irrelevant as saying is all lies will never address the divides that cause violence in 2016 , same motivations as 2000 years ago.
Only way this can ever be addressed is through the eyes of god .
Violence will spread , refugees pouring into Europe , Europe broke financially .
Athiest arguement is a none starter to even address what happen today in Belgium

SpeaksForTheTrees

No cos those cowardly scumbags isis hide from us , fight like cowards attack innocents in name of Allah .
United Nation is what we are , end at end of day I choose west, even if that means east become radioactive wasteland

skl

A man on a mission
That irrelevant as saying is all lies will never address the divides that cause violence in 2016 , same motivations as 2000 years ago.
Violence will spread , refugees pouring into Europe , Europe broke financially .
Athiest arguement is a none starter to even address what happen today in Belgium

“Only way this can ever be addressed is through the eyes of God,” you say…... Can you not see the wood for the trees? (excuse the pun)

It is these god dammed religions that are causing the problems in the first place., Stop the hate, the bigotry and the death and destruction and discard these antiquated ideologies and live together in peace as humans should be able to.

SpeaksForTheTrees

“Only way this can ever be addressed is through the eyes of God,” you say…... Can you not see the wood for the trees? (excuse the pun)

It is these god dammed religions that are causing the problems in the first place., Stop the hate, the bigotry and the death and destruction and discard these antiquated ideologies and live together in peace as humans should be able to.
Science will never be able to disprove God .
Free religion includes athiesm .
However the masters of the world don't share your view is fact as religion very powerful with 1000,s of years of wealth creation as foundation .

godnotgod

Thou art That

Heh, heh...which 'eyes of God'?: Muslim, Christian, or Jewish? Different eyes; differing views, resulting in the problems you cite. We don't need an atheist or a theist view; we need an enlightened view.

SpeaksForTheTrees

Heh, heh...which 'eyes of God'?: Muslim, Christian, or Jewish? Different eyes; differing views, resulting in the problems you cite. We don't need an atheist or a theist view; we need an enlightened view.
Judaism is Father 6000 years old approx one god Yahweh , no Mohammed s or Jesus , one god
Islam + Christians are sons of Judaism 800 year old ish
Father washed his hands of both sons deny both as bast-ard creations , and leaves them to fight .
As head of family Father has a responsibility , as fight from sons spilling into next doors garden .
Cain and Abel
However Father hates them they break his rules is only one God his name is Yahweh by call themselves Christian and Islam and choose to defy dad .
Father hate all idolaters by law of Yahweh for 6000 years
Why should he change his belief to stop his sons from killing each other .
The Father very strict with zero compromise

godnotgod

Thou art That
Judaism is Father 6000 years old approx one god Yahweh , no Mohammed s or Jesus , one god
Islam + Christians are sons of Judaism 800 year old ish
Father washed his hands of both sons deny both as bast-ard creations , and leaves them to fight .
As head of family Father has a responsibility , as fight from sons spilling into next doors garden .
Cain and Abel
However Father hates them they break his rules is only one God his name is Yahweh by call themselves Christian and Islam and choose to defy dad .
Father hate all idolaters by law of Yahweh for 6000 years
Why should he change his belief to stop his sons from killing each other .

The Father very strict with zero compromise

That's all just so much poppycock! The so-called 'Father' is just a projection of the male Jewish ego as the heavenly Patriarchal authority figure, created in the image and likeness of man. As the philosopher Hegel jokingly referred to him as "that gaseous vertebrate!":D

Otherwise, if you have seen him, show us where he dwells, that we might have a cup of tea with him.

Christians, Jews, and Muslims believe in things they don't understand nor can explain, yet persist in their folly, to the detriment of the rest of us. :p

People are fighting and killing one another for something that does not exist.

The divine nature is neither male nor female, but androgynous, manifesting itself as male or female.

A Father that hates his children has no future.

Last edited:

SpeaksForTheTrees

That's all just so much poppycock! The so-called 'Father' is just a projection of the male Jewish ego as the heavenly Patriarchal authority figure, created in the image and likeness of man. As the philosopher Hegel jokingly referred to him as "that gaseous vertebrate!":D

Otherwise, if you have seen him, show us where he dwells, that we might have a cup of tea with him.

Christians, Jews, and Muslims believe in things they don't understand nor can explain, yet persist in their folly, to the detriment of the rest of us. :p

People are fighting and killing one another for something that does not exist.

The divine nature is neither male nor female, but androgynous, manifesting itself as male or female.
Mythologen is reason behind Brussels bombing created by religion .
Mocking reality is families missing a parent tonight so is very serious stuff .