• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Building Bridges to the Unity of Humanity

Building bridges to the Unity of Humamity will require a plan?

• Total voters

TransmutingSoul

One Planet, One People, Please!
Premium Member
It has only been 248 years since this nation declared its independence, and 225 years since we established our bill of rights. We are still moving forward as a nation, and I will continue to honor our rights for this effort. The bridge envisioned between us and everyone else is in question. Will your efforts affect our rights as a fee people? If so, I will resist the limitation of our rights and hold true to the political ecosystem to which I belong. Not that we are at all enemies. I love my Bahai brothers and sisters and in this we can make this world more accommodating to peaceful relations.

Made for adversity we are. Iron does sharpen iron, after all.
America will have a great future, it will suffer greatly to establish that future, it has been the default peace keeper.

There is much promised in the Baha'i Writings for America, where the banner of international peace was established.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

One Planet, One People, Please!
Premium Member
Sorry, but ever since Trump used a similar phrase, this doesn't hold water.
Every great accomplished starts with the concepts.

Some concepts expound by some, never get off the ground. Some will become iconic.

Regards Tony

Balthazzar

N. Germanic Descent
America will have a great future, it will suffer greatly to establish that future, it has been the default peace keeper.

There is much promised in the Baha'i Writings for America, where the banner of international peace was established.

Regards Tony

I anticipate as much, but only as it relates to both national and global conflict and our resolve to get through it as a people. Not much different than what anyone else is facing, really.

Song by​

Ed Sheeran

I made a few edits

Oh, misty eye of the mountain below
Keep careful watch of my families' souls
And should the sky be filled with fire and smoke
Keep watching over everyone
If this is to end in fire
Then we should all burn together
Watch the flames climb high into the night
Calling out father - oh
Stand by and we will
Watch the flames burn on and on
The mountain side (high)
And if we should die tonight
Then we should all die together
Raise a glass of wine for the last time
In honor of all
Calling out father oh
Prepare as we will
The mountain side
Shall desolation come upon the sky?
Now I see fire
Inside the mountain
And I see fire
Burning the trees
And I see fire
Hallowing souls
And I feel fires
warmth in the breeze
I hope that you remember me
Oh, should my people fall
Then surely, I'll do the same
Confined in mountain halls
and too close to the flame
Calling out father oh
Hold fast and we will
The mountain side.
Shall desolation come upon the sky?
Now, I see fire
Inside the mountain
And I see fire
Burning the trees
And I see fire
Hallowing souls
And I feel fires'
warmth in the breeze
And I hope that you remember me
And if it is the night that's burning
Shall I cover my eyes?
When the dark returns
will my brothers die?
And as the sky keeps falling down
It crashes into this lonely town
And with a shadow upon the ground
I hear my people cheering loud
For now I see the fire ...
Inside the mountains
I see fire
Burning the trees
I see fire
Hallowing souls
I see fire
warmth in the breeze
I see fire
Oh, you know I saw a city burning out (fire)
And I see fire
Feel the heat upon my skin, yeah (fire)
And I see fire (fire)
And I see fire's burn on and on
the mountain side.

As a child of the sun, I confess a desired understanding of the fire I see above us all and in us all, existing within everything existing within that heliosphere.

Honestly, it reminds me of Daniel 3:8-25

Last edited:

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
If so, I will resist the limitation of our rights and hold true to the political ecosystem to which I belong.
There will be limitations, but probably less than those imposed by a conservative Christian or Islamic state. But the Baha'is do not support Gay rights of marriage, and probably not abortions... and they have laws against drugs and alcohol.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
That is a great misunderstanding of that prophecy. @Trailblazer gave you some thoughts, I have other thoughts to add, but sorry out of time, work calls.

Regards Tony
If it's about some "child" being born unto who? Hmmm? It's in Isaiah... Gee, could it be the Jewish people?

As always, Christians, Muslims, Baha'is and even Jews can come up with interpretations to make Bible verses support whatever they want.

But what do all of them, including the Baha'is, do with the verses that don't support their beliefs?

And are the verses quoted by any of the Baha'i prophets or at least Shoghi Effendi? Or is it Bill Sears and TB?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Bahá'í can be exact Bible literalists, to the word when the opportunituy suits, and then become Bible allegorists and Bible symbolists and Bible cherry-pickers when another opportunity suits, depending on the opportunity. And despite apparently never having actually read the Bible properly for the subtlety of context that is so important in treating of any writing
Christians can be exact Bible literalists, to the word when the opportunity suits, and Bible cherry-pickers when another opportunity suits, depending on the opportunity. And despite the fact that less than 30% of Christians will ever read through the entire Bible.

Of over 2 billion Christians in the world, less than 30% will ever read through the entire Bible. The fact is over 82% of Christian Americans only read their Bibles on Sundays while in church.

Christians Don't Read Their Bible | The Ponce Foundation

Sumadji

Christians can be exact Bible literalists, to the word when the opportunity suits, and Bible cherry-pickers when another opportunity suits, depending on the opportunity. And despite the fact that less than 30% of Christians will ever read through the entire Bible.

Of over 2 billion Christians in the world, less than 30% will ever read through the entire Bible. The fact is over 82% of Christian Americans only read their Bibles on Sundays while in church.

Christians Don't Read Their Bible | The Ponce Foundation

The Tanakh, Quran and NT are deeply studied and respected. It's disrespectful for people who haven't even read them to treat them lightly. Treat others' beliefs and scriptures with the same respect you would wish for yourself, imo

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
The Tanakh, Quran and NT are deeply studied and respected.
But they are not my scriptures. If Christians do not even read the Bible cover to cover why should Baha'is do so?
It's disrespectful for people who haven't even read them to treat them lightly.
Who ever said I treat them lightly?
Treat others' beliefs and scriptures with the same respect you would wish for yourself, imo
That is what I try to do even though many Christians do not treat Baha'i beliefs and scriptures with any respect.

I cannot agree with many Christian beliefs but that is not the same as disrespecting them.
This is a debate forum. For me to agree with Christian beliefs would be dishonest.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
The plan has not failed, mankind has not yet bombed each other enough to know they need to pick up the plan and run with it.

"Why are you so stuck on a failed plan?"
Since Baha'u'llah has died. People have invented greater and greater weapons. Wars have become worse and worse. The plan has not failed. That was part of the Baha'i plan. I paraphrase, "You guys all rejected me, so now there will be wars and disasters until you see that I was right all along. You'll all see... and be sorry you didn't listen to me."

But I keep asking and asking Baha'is... Why does the NT have Jesus saying that there will be wars and rumors of wars but that is not yet the end? It makes it sound like when he, Jesus, comes he puts a stop to the wars. He doesn't let the world continue fighting... with more powerful and deadlier weapons.

But of course, who, other than Christians, believes anything the NT says? Just like... who, other than Baha'is, are going to take Baha'u'llah seriously?

Every religion has a "plan" or a description of what's going to happen at the end times. The other question I keep asking Baha'is... Where, in any religion, does it predict that Jesus, the Mahdi, the Maitreya, Kalki, anybody... will come and not fix things? But, instead, get rejected, exiled, imprisoned and then die an old man... and not fix things?

Is there such a prophecy?

Balthazzar

N. Germanic Descent
There will be limitations, but probably less than those imposed by a conservative Christian or Islamic state. But the Baha'is do not support Gay rights of marriage, and probably not abortions... and they have laws against drugs and alcohol.

So, what of our households, national, religious, or otherwise, and how we choose to honor truth as we live it in peace? I wouldn't be on board with limited rights guaranteed by our constitution, and our households typically have our own set of rules and regulations.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
That is a great misunderstanding of that prophecy. @Trailblazer gave you some thoughts
Yes, the well renowned Bible scholar.
The Tanakh, Quran and NT are deeply studied and respected. It's disrespectful for people who haven't even read them to treat them lightly. Treat others' beliefs and scriptures with the same respect you would wish for yourself, imo
As pointed out by several people... Baha'is are here debating about things in the Scriptures of several religions. They should have at least studied them enough to argue their points.

The comparison to the average, "nominal", Christian doesn't help her argument. And Baha'is have the same problem. They call their people... "inactive" Baha'is. Who'd expect them to know the writings of Baha'u'llah in an in depth way?

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
So, what of our households, national, religious, or otherwise, and how we choose to honor truth as we live it in peace? I wouldn't be on board with limited rights guaranteed by our constitution, and our households typically have our own set of rules and regulations.
Well yeah, I don't know of any religion that when they had power over the people, they imposed a lot of religious laws that ended up making things worse.

Naturally, the Baha'is claim things will be different. Their vision for the future has us all living in peace and unity in one common religion.

And who wouldn't want that? But what are the details? What has to happen to get there?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Therefore why do you spend SO much time and energy trying to discuss and extract quotes from them?

Sorry, I don't wish to offend, and don't really wish to pursue the issue beyond this point?
Again, this is a religious debates forum, so if I am in a discussion or a debate with a Christian, I have to cite the Bible, since biblical scriptures are the only scriptures that Christians recognize as true.

The question I have is, why would that bother anyone?

Sumadji

Yes, the well renowned Bible scholar.

As pointed out by several people... Baha'is are here debating about things in the Scriptures of several religions. They should have at least studied them enough to argue their points.

The comparison to the average, "nominal", Christian doesn't help her argument. And Baha'is have the same problem. They call their people... "inactive" Baha'is. Who'd expect them to know the writings of Baha'u'llah in an in depth way?
I would like to respect the Baha'i and just sit back and absorb and consider their ideas. However their posts and threads are mostly directed at correcting Christian beliefs about the Trinity and Jesus is not God, and the Pauline conspiracy etc.

It echoes the fundamentalist Muslim line and is just repetitive and done to death. It's like they can't just get on with their own religion. Mostly posters haven't really got a handle on the facts. They just post the thoughts and passages recommended by their teachers, who usually don't know much about the NT scriptures anyway

Last edited: