• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can God have a Son?

AhmadSyahir

truth need not be clouded by non sequiturs ;)

You were the one who attempted to confound the issue by asking us to look at our families. We do, and we don;t see your God anywhere there.

You created an arbitrary set of requirements which you believed would humble us to admit your God; when our truthful [well, my] answers gave a result you didn't expect, you try to change the requirements.

I can prove mine the same way. As I said... there is no difference.

I can also say the same thing as you did. I can use your arguement as mine.

It doesn't always work like how you expect it to be.

My meaning is very deep. You look to your family just like i have said. You see their 'wall' but that 'wall' can sometimes hide a 'drug'. What will you feel if you' find out the truth? It will never feel the same as before you know the truth. Before you know the truth, you're confident that the 'wall' contain the truth and that feeling is genuine. But it can turns out that you're wrong and that feeling will flee as you discover the truth.

How about your community? Getting better with the drug? gangsterism? vandalism? crime?
Getting better isn't it?
These are the questions that rised from ignoring the truth not another nonsense that we frequently heard.

Photonic

Ad astra!
I can't critic the religion that i barely realize its existence. The best thing I can do is to ask for criticism on my religion which I know the best, to answer your question.

How can you expect me to give you any leeway if you won't accept that your religion may not be the correct one?

Heathen Hammer

Nope, you're still wrong
Death :D

_/\_
Chinu
Haha!

I can also say the same thing as you did. I can use your arguement as mine.

It doesn't always work like how you expect it to be.
Oh but my friend, it does, because I have never made that claim, you see; nor would I, as it makes no sense to my faith.

My meaning is very deep. You look to your family just like i have said. You see their 'wall' but that 'wall' can sometimes hide a 'drug'. What will you feel if you' find out the truth? It will never feel the same as before you know the truth. Before you know the truth, you're confident that the 'wall' contain the truth and that feeling is genuine. But it can turns out that you're wrong and that feeling will flee as you discover the truth.
All this talk of truth from you, of what meaning is it to what we are saying? You are simply trying to spout profound-sounding words which have nothing to show for the issue at hand.
I am not wrong, you see.

How about your community? Getting better with the drug? gangsterism? vandalism? crime?
Getting better isn't it?
My community, in what sense?
Yes, actually, my local community is great. I live in a rather green essentially crime-free section of NYC, of all places. And, interesting coincidence, my local councilman, is actually a Heathen. One of the first out pagans elected anywhere to US office. Pretty cool huh? Dan Halloran, look him up.

These are the questions that rised from ignoring the truth not another nonsense that we frequently heard.
You mean 'rise' or 'rose'.

And that sentence still has nothing to do with what I said.

Basically it appears you are attempting to somehow incriminate me being a Heathen, with some kind of social degeneration; when your words are empty of any truth of the facts.

Your point remains nebulous at best.

How is your community? Crime ridden and full of vandalism? Your God not doing such a great job?

AhmadSyahir

How can you expect me to give you any leeway if you won't accept that your religion may not be the correct one?

I've experienced it in my life. It's not that I can't accept that my religion is wrong, but it's perfect. Like I just said, we can only believe if we have seen it.
When we know it, how can we disbelieve in something that we've seen?
How can we know? Through discussion I guess.

For starting, do you ever live in a community that some of the people still practise sihir(black magic)? I guess you don't even believe that it's exist. It's somehow common in my country and there's people who still practise it. What explaination can you have with scientific study in this matter?

This is no magic show that i'm talking about. This is about some people who suffer from this kind of doing. There's no hospital that can treat them.

Photonic

Ad astra!
I've experienced it in my life. It's not that I can't accept that my religion is wrong, but it's perfect. Like I just said, we can only believe if we have seen it.
When we know it, how can we disbelieve in something that we've seen?
How can we know? Through discussion I guess.

For starting, do you ever live in a community that some of the people still practise sihir(black magic)? I guess you don't even believe that it's exist. It's somehow common in my country and there's people who still practise it. What explaination can you have with scientific study in this matter?

This is no magic show that i'm talking about. This is about some people who suffer from this kind of doing. There's no hospital that can treat them.

If magic actually did exist, there would be plenty of scientific papers on it.

A perfect religion would always be celebrated exactly the same by even the imperfect, such is the capacity of perfection.

AhmadSyahir

Haha!

Oh but my friend, it does, because I have never made that claim, you see; nor would I, as it makes no sense to my faith.

All this talk of truth from you, of what meaning is it to what we are saying? You are simply trying to spout profound-sounding words which have nothing to show for the issue at hand.
I am not wrong, you see.

My community, in what sense?
Yes, actually, my local community is great. I live in a rather green essentially crime-free section of NYC, of all places. And, interesting coincidence, my local councilman, is actually a Heathen. One of the first out pagans elected anywhere to US office. Pretty cool huh? Dan Halloran, look him up.

You mean 'rise' or 'rose'.

And that sentence still has nothing to do with what I said.

Basically it appears you are attempting to somehow incriminate me being a Heathen, with some kind of social degeneration; when your words are empty of any truth of the facts.

Your point remains nebulous at best.

How is your community? Crime ridden and full of vandalism? Your God not doing such a great job?

'Wall' is the front that we can see. For human, we can only interpret them from looking at their physical and behaviour but we don't know what 'behind' them which is thought, agenda and secret for human.

When you look at your son, you feel like they're good like you think they are. But if you discover the 'drug' which is shocking truth about them, you will never look them the same. But you really certain that they're like you thought they were before you know the truth.

What you believe feel real at first, but when you know the truth, there's nothing can stop you from believing. Through discussion we can dig the story.

Same goes to your community. We only know them physically and sometimes we barely know our neighbour and what's going on.

Many people deny when I critic their community. Whether they're lying to themselves or they're simply ignorant. Maybe they take the problem easy and
accept it in the community that they don't realize it is the problem that i'm talking about.

AhmadSyahir

If magic actually did exist, there would be plenty of scientific papers on it.

A perfect religion would always be celebrated exactly the same by even the imperfect, such is the capacity of perfection.

That's it. You don't even believe what I just said. Many westerners don't even realize it.

It's the reality for some country and one of it is my country. You must be thinking that i'm lying to you but it's up to you to believe whatever you want to believe. I'm being honest to you. It do exist. It's not like magic show or magic trick. It's used by people for bad intention such as making other people fall sick.

If you can't even believe that it's exist, how will you deal with when people asking you about the scientific behind it?

Photonic

Ad astra!
That's it. You don't even believe what I just said. Many westerners don't even realize it.

It's the reality for some country and one of it is my country. You must be thinking that i'm lying to you but it's up to you to believe whatever you want to believe. I'm being honest to you. It do exist. It's not like magic show or magic trick. It's used by people for bad intention such as making other people fall sick.

If you can't even believe that it's exist, how will you deal with when people asking you about the scientific behind it?

Easy, tell them to do the research themselves to see if they come to the same conclusion.

And I mean real hard evidence, not opinion and conjecture.

Peer review is awesome like that.

Heathen Hammer

Nope, you're still wrong
'Wall' is the front that we can see. For human, we can only interpret them from looking at their physical and behaviour but we don't know what 'behind' them which is thought, agenda and secret for human.

When you look at your son, you feel like they're good like you think they are. But if you discover the 'drug' which is shocking truth about them, you will never look them the same. But you really certain that they're like you thought they were before you know the truth.

What you believe feel real at first, but when you know the truth, there's nothing can stop you from believing. Through discussion we can dig the story.

Same goes to your community. We only know them physically and sometimes we barely know our neighbour and what's going on.

Many people deny when I critic their community. Whether they're lying to themselves or they're simply ignorant. Maybe they take the problem easy and
accept it in the community that they don't realize it is the problem that i'm talking about.
These are some interesting, if scattered, ideas, but none of them can be applied to me which cannot also be applied to you. And that appears to be what you are trying to present.

Our original contention was that you believe you have the only true religion. You were then essentially thwarted at every turn in your attempts to contrast your faith as superior, against mine, the Hellenes, or anyone else's. I am not sure where you are trying to steer the conversation at this point; you are simply continuing to spout platitudes in an effort to sound profound, perhaps, but without stating anything that shows any concrete contrast between your community and mine, your family and mine, your religion and mine.

We all can see into the hearts of others to various degrees; there is no special magic power to be had from choosing some 'best' religion.

AhmadSyahir

Easy, tell them to do the research themselves to see if they come to the same conclusion.

And I mean real hard evidence, not opinion and conjecture.

Peer review is awesome like that.

The problem is, there's no logical reasoning of it. Even the hospital can't figure out the 'disease'. The 'disease' is there but it's not on the screen of the scanner in the hospital. Evidence is the last thing you will have found.

Just if you can witness the real scene of it...

Photonic

Ad astra!
The problem is, there's no logical reasoning of it. Even the hospital can't figure out the 'disease'. The 'disease' is there but it's not on the screen of the scanner in the hospital. Evidence is the last thing you will have found.

Just if you can witness the real scene of it...

If a hospital showed up with a ghost bug it would be all over the news in every corner of the planet, I think you underestimate how fast information spreads in the medical world.

AhmadSyahir

If a hospital showed up with a ghost bug it would be all over the news in every corner of the planet, I think you underestimate how fast information spreads in the medical world.

Unfortunately, it's not. It's not popular internationally nor locally but present locally. That's what I've seen here.

You can't even imagine the matter that i'm talking on. Scientific is pointless when it comes to this point. Hard to believe isn't it? I can't expect you to believe me but I'm telling you the truth.

tarekabdo12

No, If God has a son so His son will have a son and so on. In this way the whole world will be controlled by different Gods with different opinions and so will lose its whole bond and complementarities and it'll be a chaos. Gods will end up like humans fighting each others and having lusts and different deeds and so the whole world will be absent. For a God to be a God, He must have all the good characters in a totally and utterly complete way so that His opinion is the best in all the faces of the decision. This means that any word or action taken is the best of actions and only the best. This way, God can't beget a son as the son will be the same as Him so there's no son, it's the original God again and nothing new happens. This is the concept of God, the most complete and nothing beyond or above Him. This is different from the Christian [human-fabricated] concept where the 3 claimed Gods have different entities and personalities with different views and decisions so can never be one and this model is refused by the Jews, Muslims and the old testament so it's false and fabricated by deficient human ideas into a dogma that wasn't already present before in the time of Abraham, Moses or even Jesus.

dyanaprajna2011

Dharmapala
What interests me about this question is the way in which Muslims limit their God. If God is truly all powerful, and can do whatever he wills, then why could he not have a son? From the point of view of the Abrahamic religions, I can't see why he couldn't. If the debate centers on how could a perfect God have a 'son' in the sense of a human incarnation, with humans being imperfect, it stands to reason to ask the question on how such a supposedly perfect God could create such an imperfect mess as this creation.