• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christian Teens Beheaded

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
MdmSzdWhtGuy said:
Amazing how many Islamic apologists we run into on the internet. These same terrorists you
love to defend so much, if given their way would love to bring the entire world under Sha'ria.
Even you liberal terrorist lovers.
Has anyone here actually defended terrorism or terrorists? You know quite well that your allegation they have is a rhetorical distortion. But do you know that it's intellectually dishonest?

FFH

Veteran Member
MdmSzdWhtGuy said:
I know I have said this before, but it bears repeating. Darkdale for President!!!!

Amazing how many Islamic apologists we run into on the internet. These same terrorists you
love to defend so much, if given their way would love to bring the entire world under Sha'ria.

Life under Islamic Fundamentalist law would not be the jolly happy place you seem to think it would be. No internet, no education for women, no music, no art, no literature, no television, no movies, the entire world regressing back to what life was like in 7th Century on the Arabian Peninsula.

Not to mention the murder of christians and jews, the removal of the clitoris from your wife, your mother, your sister, and your daughter, the removal of their labia, all done while they are horrifyingly aware, only to have their mutilated bodies sewed up. And lets not forget, we are doing all these wonderful things because of this wonderful religion of peace.

I know I am going to be called a bigot, anti-Islam, and whatever other names you folks come up with for those who don't like the idea of living under Muslim rule. Get after it. As for me, I will not allow these things to happen to my world. Keep your radical ancient religious views away from me and my family, and don't even think about talking that "religion of peace" crap to me, when we know good and well who is behind 9/11, the U.S.S. Cole, countless bombings of civilians, and the murdering of these poor innocent schoolgirls in the name of Allah.

B.
wow wow wow this sums up my thoughts on the matter so well....Even the part about Darkdale for President.....

The Black Whirlwind

MdmSzdWhtGuy said:
I know I have said this before, but it bears repeating. Darkdale for President!!!!

Life under Islamic Fundamentalist law would not be the jolly happy place you seem to think it would be. No internet, no education for women, no music, no art, no literature, no television, no movies, the entire world regressing back to what life was like in 7th Century on the Arabian Peninsula.

Not to mention the murder of christians and jews, the removal of the clitoris from your wife, your mother, your sister, and your daughter, the removal of their labia, all done while they are horrifyingly aware, only to have their mutilated bodies sewed up. And lets not forget, we are doing all these wonderful things because of this wonderful religion of peace.

I know I am going to be called a bigot, anti-Islam, and whatever other names you folks come up with for those who don't like the idea of living under Muslim rule. Get after it. As for me, I will not allow these things to happen to my world. Keep your radical ancient religious views away from me and my family, and don't even think about talking that "religion of peace" crap to me, when we know good and well who is behind 9/11, the U.S.S. Cole, countless bombings of civilians, and the murdering of these poor innocent schoolgirls in the name of Allah.

B.
my thoughts exactly. i think i know who should be darkdales running mate...

Fatmop

when we know good and well who is behind 9/11, the U.S.S. Cole, countless bombings of civilians, and the murdering of these poor innocent schoolgirls in the name of Allah.
Right. Islamic fundamentalists. Not all Muslims. There are quite a few who denounce the actions of these nuts.. not enough, apparently. I just hope no one is too quick to label all Muslims as extremists.

MdmSzdWhtGuy

Defending a position that Islam is a "religion of peace" can be seen as intellectually dishonest.

I am not asking anyone to agree with me. You look at it your way, I will look at it mine.

Sitting around bathed in liberal guilt, and making such heady statements as "we cannot condemn an entire religion based on the actions of a few" of its adherants likely sounds very intellectual and will even get you some kudos at the coffee bar, but it doesn't keep the bad guys from flying planes into our buildings or butchering schoolgirls, does it?

B.

P.S. exactly how was I intellectually dishonest? Harsh maybe, but not dishonest. (and by the way, I realize your response will be that I am lumping "islamic apologists" in with "pro-terrorists" and that is dishonest. I respectfully disagree.)

FFH

Veteran Member
Fatmop said:
Right. Islamic fundamentalists. Not all Muslims. There are quite a few who denounce the actions of these nuts.. not enough, apparently. I just hope no one is too quick to label all Muslims as extremists.
NO ONE IS SAYING THAT ALL OR ANY MUSLIMS ARE TERRORISTS BUT THERE ARE THOSE THAT SYMPATHIZE WITH THE TERRORISTS THAT ARE MUSLIM.....THERE ARE ALSO PEOPLE OF OTHER FAITHS AND OTHER RELIGIONS THAT SYMPATHIZE WITH TERRORISTS....THESE KINDS OF PEOPLE ARE VERY MISGUIDED.....

Fatmop

NO ONE IS SAYING THAT ALL OR ANY MUSLIMS ARE TERRORISTS BUT THERE ARE THOSE THAT SYMPATHIZE WITH THE TERRORISTS THAT ARE MUSLIM.....THERE ARE ALSO PEOPLE OF OTHER FAITHS AND OTHER RELIGIONS THAT SYMPATHIZE WITH TERRORISTS....THESE KINDS OF PEOPLE ARE VERY MISGUIDED.....
Kind of what I was getting at, but in a different way. "Other faiths and other religions" - just because Islam is getting all the press at the moment doesn't mean butchering in the past hasn't happened in the name of Christianity or Hinduism or just in the name of some fearless leader. I wonder what all the wars in Africa are being fought over - does Islam play a factor there?

FFH

Veteran Member
Ardent Listener said:
Go to www.MichaelSavage.com to see what these cowards did.
wow this link really puts a face on terrorism. Great link !!!!!!! thanks.....

I look at the face of that girl and I see peace.. She is in a better place...much better place than this sorry world....

This is world full of so many idiots and murderers....

When will it end

Ryan2065

MdmSzdWhtGuy said:
First you call people Islamic apologist and then say they like to defend terrorists... So to you Islamic people are terrorist?

MdmSzdWhtGuy said:
So you are saying that if someone is an Islam they are not of the "religion of peace" and they are part of the terrorism that is plaguing the world? interesting uneducated view...

Fatmop said:
Yes, I hope so as well... Did you by any chance happen to miss my post where I posted over 100 links to different Mulsim leaders and sects that condem the terrorism? The Muslims are speaking out but people, well like the ones posting in this forum, are shouting louder than the ones speaking out, making it look like they aren't.

MdmSzdWhtGuy said:
Defending a position that Islam is a "religion of peace" can be seen as intellectually dishonest.
How can this get through your head.... Lets try it this way... Peaceful Islam people call Islam the religion of peace. This is because TO THEM, Islam says to be peaceful. You look at what a few rogue Islam terrorists do and then say "Well ALL of Islam is not a religion of peace because of these few people." Using the same logic I could paint all of the Catholic church priests as child molesters.

MdmSzdWhtGuy said:
Sitting around bathed in liberal guilt, and making such heady statements as "we cannot condemn an entire religion based on the actions of a few" of its adherants likely sounds very intellectual and will even get you some kudos at the coffee bar, but it doesn't keep the bad guys from flying planes into our buildings or butchering schoolgirls, does it?
Right... A good way to keep that from happening would be to Nuke them all! Then they wont be able to do that ever again... Is that what you are getting at?

How is calling ALL of Islam a terror religion going to stop the planes from crashing into buildings? To me the only way to stop the planes from crashing into buildings is to show the peacful islam's that they have nothing to fear in the terrorists and work WITH them to bring the terrorists down... Why make more enemies when we don't need to?

Faith is an assurance said:
actually that is exactly what Mdm is implying.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
MdmSzdWhtGuy said:
I have no liberal guilt that I'm aware of. The notion that, because I'm a liberal (at least on many issues), I would automatically have "liberal guilt" is profoundly silly. But I've often heard such a notion professed by conservative talk radio hosts. Is that where you came across it?

In part, force is what keeps the bad guys from flying planes into our buildings or butchering schoolgirls. Force in the shape of military and police action. That's a simple fact.

We cannot legitimately condemn an entire religion based on the actions of a few is a principle entirely in agreement with sound logic. I do not, and would never, expect the recognition of that principle to have the effect of preventing terrorists from flying planes into buildings or butchering schoolgirls.

P.S. exactly how was I intellectually dishonest? Harsh maybe, but not dishonest. (and by the way, I realize your response will be that I am lumping "islamic apologists" in with "pro-terrorists" and that is dishonest. I respectfully disagree.)
You have failed to realize my response. You were intellectually dishonest in claiming that the people in this thread who are arguing for a more balanced view of Islam than you seem to have were defending terrorists. No one in this thread has so far defended terrorists or terrorism. It's a lie that they have.

Ryan2065

Again, to show how extremely one sided most people's views here are...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/07/14/AR2005071401030.html
"Most Muslim publics are expressing less support for terrorism than in the past. Confidence in Osama bin Laden has declined markedly in some countries, and fewer believe suicide bombings that target civilians are justified in the defense of Islam," the poll concluded.
Stuff about the same poll, but with picture graphs!
http://www.finfacts.com/irelandbusinessnews/publish/article_10002589.shtml

But don't let facts and truths cloud your judgement!

Reactions: FFH

Pah

Uber all member
... sounds very intellectual ...
I would think hate, the hate shown is this thread, is far from intellectual and is more a throwback to more savage times when the intellignece we are capable of hadn't made a foothold. Emotional thinking is an oxymoron and something that should have been individually conquered as the rest of us became socialized. Hate is so uncivilized

Maybe some of us have evolved more than others and are more capable of humanistic behavior and thought.

Nick Soapdish

Secret Agent
Ryan2065 said:
Ryan... you may believe this poll supports your position, but I find it very disturbing. I had hoped that support for suicide bombings was not nearly this high (in either 2002 or 2004). I had hoped it was only a few extremist that thought this was ok. However, that is a very large percentage of the population that thinks it is ok to use violence against civilian targets.

248-2.gif

The good news is that it is on the decline. Hopefully the influence of democracy and free thinking will continue to improve it.

Nick Soapdish

Secret Agent
Sunstone said:
I think extremism is not so much a religious problem, as it is a human problem. There are extremists of all stripes. Some are religious and some aren't. At worse, religion is an enabler for some extremists. But I tend to believe that people who are going to be extremists would be extremists even in the absence of religion.
That is true. I believe it can also be related to idealism. People who are characteristically idealistic can be motivated to violence more easily than those who appeal more to realism.

Bennettresearch

Politically Incorrect
Pah said:
In response to "Christians dont go around bombing people"

Perhaps you are too young to remember those. I've shown you "mine" now you show me "yours"
Hey Pah,

Here is just one sight about the Phillipines connection of Terry Nichols.

http://www.villagevoice.com/news/0213,ridgeway,33408,6.html

I think that citing examples of "christian" terrorism is somewhat perilous if you don't consider all of the facts. Of course, maybe this is a bigoted site also.

Bennettresearch

Politically Incorrect
Ryan2065 said:
What about circumstances where a military presence is in someones town and a local decides to say, bomb them... A "bigoted" site more than likely will call that a crime from islam where a non-bigoted site would write that off as a war bombing...
Hi Ryan,

I'm not seeing much in the way of proof that the insurgents are "freedom fighters". The indication is that they would be doing the same thing to fellow muslims that didn't accept their rule or authority just like the Taliban did.

Craig

Bennettresearch

Politically Incorrect
Darkdale said:
That site is absolutely not bigoted. It's one of the few sites with the courage to document the rise in Islamic terrorism. Paying attention and education is not an act of hate, though I know you may want to lead us to believe it is. ;)

You'll say that any site that disagrees with you is bigoted. That's the liberal argument. "Disagree with me, you're a bigot". Why do we even bother debatinging with you guys. It's hard to make it through a thread without the liberals calling everyone a bigot.
Dang it Darkdale, I was gonna say that. I really wish you would quit beating me to the punch.;)

Craig

Bennettresearch

Politically Incorrect
Sunstone said:
I have no liberal guilt that I'm aware of. The notion that, because I'm a liberal (at least on many issues), I would automatically have "liberal guilt" is profoundly silly. But I've often heard such a notion professed by conservative talk radio hosts. Is that where you came across it?

In part, force is what keeps the bad guys from flying planes into our buildings or butchering schoolgirls. Force in the shape of military and police action. That's a simple fact.

We cannot legitimately condemn an entire religion based on the actions of a few is a principle entirely in agreement with sound logic. I do not, and would never, expect the recognition of that principle to have the effect of preventing terrorists from flying planes into buildings or butchering schoolgirls.

You have failed to realize my response. You were intellectually dishonest in claiming that the people in this thread who are arguing for a more balanced view of Islam than you seem to have were defending terrorists. No one in this thread has so far defended terrorists or terrorism. It's a lie that they have.
Hey Sunstone,

The only thing I can disagree with here is the labeling of people who have legitimate concerns as being one sided and bigoted. I am not reading that Islam is being condemned as a whole, it is being brought to bear for the direct connection to terrorism. I am positive that most of the doubters would back off if they saw more in the way of proof that Islam is fighting terrorism internally.