• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christian Wicca

ChrisP

Veteran Member
jgallandt said:
Darkdale, Let me get this straight. You don't believe in it, but for people that do, follow your laws and ways of thinking? Your joking, right? I'm starting to find your attitude in this thread amusing. :)
It's called religious freedom dude ;) ~~

Darkdale

World Leader Pretend
jgallandt said:
Darkdale, Let me get this straight. You don't believe in it, but for people that do, follow your laws and ways of thinking? Your joking, right? I'm starting to find your attitude in this thread amusing. :)

Did I say that I didn't believe in it? My advice was for those who did. I honestly don't care if you find it amusing or not. In my experience, a great many people have a rather base sense of humor anyway. :p

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
SnaleSpace said:
It's called religious freedom dude ;) ~~
Religious freedom... Let me see. I find it amusing that someone who is not Wicca or Christian telling someone who is a Wicca Christian that they can't be a Wicca Christian... Me thinks you got this backward, dude. ;)

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
Darkdale said:
Did I say that I didn't believe in it?
Yes you did. You said you found it ridiculous, unless of course you are in the habit of mocking something that you believe in. Or maybe it's just your form of humor, to deride something just for the sake of an arguement. :p

Darkdale

World Leader Pretend
jgallandt said:
Yes you did. You said you found it ridiculous, unless of course you are in the habit of mocking something that you believe in. Or maybe it's just your form of humor, to deride something just for the sake of an arguement. :p

Oh, you meant the three-fold law... Right, I do think that is ridiculous. I thought you were saying that I didn't believe in magic.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Fluffy said:
Wicca is a religion that accepts that witchcraft can yield results, much as Christianity does, but emphasises that it is only a possible tool, not the centre, of the religion. Most Wiccans do use witchcraft but many, including myself, do not and so I am a Wiccan without being a witch.
While I, a Christian have to accept that I use Witchcraft, as Christianity would have it, without really being convinced I'm a wiccan. I'm confused............:help:

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
michel said:
While I, a Christian have to accept that I use Witchcraft, as Christianity would have it, without really being convinced I'm a wiccan. I'm confused............:help:
That makes the 2 of us! Maybe your a Wiccan that needs to "come out of the closet"? :D

Darkdale

World Leader Pretend
michel said:

I'm not sure what you are saying... are you saying that you are a Christian and you use witchcraft? That wouldn't make you Wiccan. :) Wiccan's believe in a God and Goddess, and also:

Principles of Wiccan Beliefs

We practice rites to attune ourselves with the natural rhythm of life forces marked by the phases of the Moon and the seasonal Quarters and Cross Quarter.

We recognize that our intelligence gives us a unique responsibility toward our environment.

We seek to live in harmony with Nature, in ecological balance offering fulfillment to life and consciousness within an evolutionary concept.

We acknowledge a depth of power far greater than that apparent to the average person. Because it is far greater than ordinary it is sometimes called supernatural, but we see it as lying within that which is naturally potential to all.

We conceive of the Creative Power in the universe as manifesting through polarity -- as masculine and feminine -- and that this same Creative Power lies in all people, and functions through the interaction of the masculine and feminine. We value neither above the other, knowing each to be supportive to the other.

We value sex as pleasure, as the symbol and embodiment of life, and as one of the sources of energies used in magickal practice and religious worship.

We recognize both outer worlds and inner, or psychological, worlds sometimes known as the Spiritual World, the Collective Unconscious, Inner Planes, etc. -- and we see in the inter-action of these two dimensions the basis for paranormal phenomena and magickal exercises.

We neglect neither dimension for the other, seeing both as necessary for our fulfillment.

We do not recognize any authoritarian hierarchy, but do honor those who teach, respect those who share their greater knowledge and wisdom, and acknowledge those who have courageously given of themselves in leadership.

We see religion, magick and wisdom in living as being united in the way one views the world and lives within it -- a world view and philosophy of life which we identify as Witchcraft -- the Wiccan Way.

Calling oneself "Witch" does not make a Witch -- but neither does heredity itself, not the collecting of titles, degrees and initiations. A Witch seeks to control the forces within her/himself that make life possible in order to live wisely and well without harm to others and in harmony with Nature.

We believe in the affirmation and fulfillment of life in a continuation of evolution and development of consciousness giving meaning to the Universe we know and our personal roll within it.

Our only animosity towards Christianity, or towards any other religion or philosophy of life, is to the extent that its institutions have claimed to be "the only way" and have sought to deny freedom to others and to suppress other ways of religious practice and belief.

As American Witches, we are not threatened by debates on the history of the Craft, the origins of various terms, the legitimacy of various aspects of different traditions. We are concerned with our present and our future.

We do not accept the concept of absolute evil, nor do we worship any entity known as "Satan" or "the Devil", as defined by the Christian traditions. We do not seek power through the suffering of others, nor accept that personal benefit can be derived only by denial to another.

We believe that we should seek within Nature that which is contributory to our health and well-being.

The afore mentioned principles are from the Council of American Witches circa 1974 .From Principles of Wiccan Beliefs

While not all Wiccans have bought into this, word for word, it's as close as we have to a set of Wiccan beliefs. This is pretty basic stuff. If you buy into most of these, you are probably somewhat Wiccan. As Wicca evolved in the 1990s, witchcraft become less of a necessary part of the Wiccan Worldview.

Pardus

Proud to be a Sinner.
I follow alot of shamanic practises, incorperate traditional ideas into my own workings, etc, but out of respect i don't call myself shaman because i haven't been given the right by those who have followed Traditional Shamanism.

The term Wiccan has been used and abused by "Fluffy Bunnies" and "White Lighters" for years, now they have to put up with members of a religion that calls them evil using their identity?

You are lucky they're not big enough a religion to have fundementalist nutjobs or you might be dead.

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet... William Shakespeare.

Darkdale

World Leader Pretend
jgallandt said:
What's in a name? By which we call a rose by any other name would smell so sweet... William Shakespeare.

This is the type of wacky relativism that is destroying language. Words used to have meaning and substance. Not so much the case todoay. Once words mean whatever you want them to mean, organized thought is dead.

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
Your missing the point. This reminds me so much of how Christians squabble over their interpretation of the Bible. 'YOUR not a Christian because you don't believe what I do!' A NAME IS JUST A NAME. It's what's inside you that matters. Just because someone doesn't conform to your why of thinking does not make them wrong.

Pardus

Proud to be a Sinner.
Names hold power, names hold identity, names hold purpose.

Within some pagan groups there are secret names used only during rituals.

To call someone by their first name without knowing the person too well is traditionally bad manners.

How about the labels, ******? gook? nip? honkey? abo? towelhead? devil-worshiper? wh@re? b!tch? sl#t? hick?

The point is your use of the word Wicca is seen as an insult.

Darkdale

World Leader Pretend
jgallandt said:
Just because someone doesn't conform to your why of thinking does not make them wrong.

You are correct. It's their failure to be right that makes them wrong, all opinions aside. Taking a word and making it mean something completely different from it's original meaning is vulgar; that's a literary term, not meant as an insult. But, vulgar as it may be, it doesn't matter. People speak French, Spanish, Romanian and Italian and they were all at one point considered to be vulgar languages (My old latin professors still consider them as such :p )

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
I respect what you all are saying, but no one is calling it just Wicca. Christian Wicca. I have a dog, it's half lab, half pit. Does it have all the pit qualities? No. Does it have all the lab qualities? No. (It is a wuss dog that hates water. Go figure. )But by calling it a lab/pit does not disgrace lab owners or pit owners. It is part both. So it is with Christian Wicca. Part both.

Evenstar

The Wicked Christian
Why is there so much hate in this thread?
Your religion or beliefs do not insult me, maybe because im more open minded than you lot... maybe im easy going.​
Now read closely I can and will call myself what I wish, I dont need your say so or blessings to do this... Dont like it OH WELL!

Darkdale

World Leader Pretend
jgallandt said:
I respect what you all are saying, but no one is calling it just Wicca. Christian Wicca. I have a dog, it's half lab, half pit. Does it have all the pit qualities? No. Does it have all the lab qualities? No. (It is a wuss dog that hates water. Go figure. )But by calling it a lab/pit does not disgrace lab owners or pit owners. It is part both. So it is with Christian Wicca. Part both.

Yes, I understand what it is supposed to mean, but the use of the words Christian and Wicca are not so much like Pit and Lab as they are like Capitals-Sabers. They are both Hockey teams, but they have different players and play for different cities. Just as Wicca worships different gods than do Christians. To call something Christian Wicca is to ignore the fundamental contradictions between the two. Certainly it would make more sense from both a respectful and functional point of view to use different language to describe ones' beliefs. For example, Christian Witchcraft would be far more accurate, from a functional point of view. Or Esoteric Christianity. Or some combination of terms that does not disrespect the uniqueness and sovereignty of Wicca. I find Christian Wicca to be a disrespectful and vulgar term... that does not mean I have any problem with the set of beliefs you are trying to label.

Oh, and to be clear, this has nothing to do with hate. I get so tired of people crying and complaining and calling speech hate just because they don't like it. It's exhausting just listening to that.

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
Then, you, sir, are a bigot. As described by dictionary.com... Bigot. One who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race or politics, and is intolerant of those who differ.
I mean this is the nicest of ways.​
;)

Darkdale said:
Yes, I understand what it is supposed to mean, but the use of the words Christian and Wicca are not so much like Pit and Lab as they are like Capitals-Sabers. They are both Hockey teams, but they have different players and play for different cities. ...
Got a problem with an all star team of Caps and Sabers? Seems you're just blowing smoke