• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christians what do you think about Trump's convictions

Laniakea

Not of this world
Impersonation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Ah, that is so sweet of you.
But I have to turn you down, sweety.
I am happily spoken for.
120675-0808c201049e59fc12186326fca86211.jpg

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
A lot of that seems to be reflected in this very thread.

In my opinion, MAGA Christians, like the rude and obnoxious ones we've seen in this thread, only pay lip service to their profession as Christians. They obviously don't walk the walk; otherwise, we'd recognize their genuine faith in their posts. I suppose they don't have a problem with marring their witness.

Laniakea

Not of this world
In my opinion, MAGA Christians, like the rude and obnoxious ones we've seen in this thread, only pay lip service to their profession as Christians. They obviously don't walk the walk, or else we'd recognize their genuine faith in their posts. I suppose they don't have a problem with damaging their witness.
Who you be callin' ob nox ees?
43347.jpg

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
A lot of that seems to be reflected in this very thread.

Reading the posts I described reminds me of the following quote: "The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today is Christians, who acknowledge Jesus with their lips, walk out the door, and deny Him by their lifestyle." That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.” Brennan Manning

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Reading the posts I described reminds me of the following quote: "The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today is Christians, who acknowledge Jesus with their lips, walk out the door, and deny Him by their lifestyle." That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.” Brennan Manning
Or as Gandhi said "... all too many elevated the man and forget his message". He also said, "I love your Christ but not your Christians", although he certainly wasn't condemning all Christians.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
Or as Gandhi said "... all too many elevated the man and forget his message". He also said, "I love your Christ but not your Christians", although he certainly wasn't condemning all Christians.

Mahatma Gandhi said, "I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.

Note that he didn't say "I do not like some of your Christians." He said, "I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."

metis

Mahatma Gandhi said, "I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.

Note that he didn't say "I do not like some of your Christians." He said, "I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."
He had many Christians within his supporters, so the statement is misleading.

False, and the source you used is the New Ork Post, which would even be useful lining a birdcage. If you saw then entire recording, Pelosi said she didn't have the power to call the National Guard because both Trump and Pence were there.
By what I know, Trump asked the National Guard. And Pelosi prevented it. Are you saying that Pelosi could not have prevented it? If so, why they were not brought there as Trump asked?
That happened in Detroit as people tried to bust in to "monitor: the election returns. However, that was illegal as people have to apply for that in advance. I watched this happen live on our local news channels.
To me it is suspicious, especially when done at that point and not much earlier.
If you listen to the recording, Trump tells him he needs to "find 11,780 votes" so he would have just enough to win. You can access that on YouTube.
Doesn't mean he asked to manufacture them.

metis

And yet his own words seem to suggest that he had such a negative view of Christians.

He has also been accredited as saying, "I’d be a Christian if it were not for the Christians“ (source).

And here is another interesting read: Why Ghandi Didn’t Become a Christian.
There were quite a few Christians that lived with Gandhi on his ashrams, plus his public prayers also included both Muslem and Christian prayers.

This site might interest you: Gandhi and Christianity Series: Christians that Influenced Gandhi

This one is interesting as well: Gandhi, Christ and Christianity | Relevance of Gandhi | Articles on and by Mahatma Gandhi

metis

By what I know, Trump asked the National Guard.

Not until almost 4 hours after the incurrection attempt statered. He watched it on tv according to those there.

And Pelosi prevented it. Are you saying that Pelosi could not have prevented it?

False. Here:
A recent fact check by The Associated Press found that an assertion being made by members of the House Republican Conference that Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) was responsible for the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol due to security reasons is not true.

“As Speaker of the House, Pelosi does not direct the National Guard,” the AP reported in its fact check. “Further, as the Capitol came under attack, she and the Senate Majority leader called for military assistance, including the National Guard.”

As a House panel investigating the Jan. 6 insurrection questioned four members of law enforcement who responded to the attack on Tuesday, several members of the House GOP during media interviews attempted to pin the violence that broke out on Pelosi, saying the Capitol Complex was not properly secured...
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/...pelosi-blocked-national-guard-on-jan-6-false/

To me it is suspicious, especially when done at that point and not much earlier.

We KNOW what happened as the above article shows.

Doesn't mean he asked to manufacture them.

If you actually listen to it as I had recommended, it's very obvious this was his intent.