• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christians what do you think about Trump's convictions

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
Yes, but he has lied and so interfered elections, the same way as Trump did, which was the reason for Trumps conviction. I have understood Trump's conviction doesn't come from falsifying the records, but from interfering the elections in 34 ways.
If you have been told Trump's conviction was due to anything other than the falsification of business records, you have swallowed BS. Trump doesn't swear-in on his own behalf in legal matters because his lies would then be breaking the law. He knows as long as he is not under oath, he can legally lie all he wants.
You need to face the truth about this man even if you still choose to support him. At least support honestly who he truly is.

Last edited:

Whateverist

Every single Christian I know online (and there are very few where I live in RL) believes he is guilty and undeserving of being elected again. But they all fear that he will be every bit as much as I do. The electorate has gone bat**** crazy.

If you have been told Trump's conviction was due to anything other than the falsification of business records,
So, you say that this cbsnews text is not true?

"Under New York law, falsification of business records is a crime when the records are altered with an intent to defraud. To be charged as a felony, prosecutors must also show that the offender intended to "commit another crime" or "aid or conceal" another crime when falsifying records.
In Trump's case, prosecutors said that other crime was a violation of a New York election law that makes it illegal for "any two or more persons" to "conspire to promote or prevent the election of any person to a public office by unlawful means,"

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
From MSN: "Biden lied about Hunter laptop at last debate with Trump..."

That's from the New York Post, not MSN.

From the article:

"Asked if Biden had been 'accurate' with his debate claim, James Clapper, the former director of national intelligence, said, 'Not exactly.'

'If he had said "could have" or "may have," that would comport with what the intent, as I felt it was, of

the public statement, not a definitive statement [that] this was Russian interference,'"

It's not exactly a huge lie.

Spice

So, you say that this cbsnews text is not true?

"Under New York law, falsification of business records is a crime when the records are altered with an intent to defraud. To be charged as a felony, prosecutors must also show that the offender intended to "commit another crime" or "aid or conceal" another crime when falsifying records.
In Trump's case, prosecutors said that other crime was a violation of a New York election law that makes it illegal for "any two or more persons" to "conspire to promote or prevent the election of any person to a public office by unlawful means,"

You've provided the proof of my statement. Check what you're reading: falsification of business records 34 times.

You've provided the proof of my statement. Check what you're reading: falsification of business records 34 times.
Which was a crime only because "an intent to defraud". It is dubious claim that Trump did so to defraud. But, if we accept that, we can also say Biden lied, which would not be a crime on itself, but because "an intent to defraud", it should be similarly a crime.

Spice

Which was a crime only because "an intent to defraud". It is dubious claim that Trump did so to defraud. But, if we accept that, we can also say Biden lied, which would not be a crime on itself, but because "an intent to defraud", it should be similarly a crime.
Hire a lawyer and see if they can't explain it to you.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I personally don't know Trump well enough to say is he a bad guy, but nevertheless I think he should not be lynched by hearsay rumors.

He wasn't "lynched" but was found guilty by a jury of his peers. Do you believe you know more about his cases than they?

What findings? There is no way to prove what happened, only thing they have is the accusation that can be false.

Again, this is what trials and juries have to sort through and legally determine. Seems you don't believe in the "rule of law".

In Trump's case it is, so it should be also the same in Biden's case. But, obviously at this point we all know he is above the law.

Show us where Biden said or implied that? If you can't, then maybe do some serious soul-searching.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
Never is, when it is a lie that one likes.

Sure, but compare that with the lies about the 2020 election Trump spreads, which led to the January 6th violence at the Capitol. Or, his lying about the extent of the violence at the Capitol.

“They talk about a relatively small number of people that went to the Capitol and in many cases were ushered in by the police.”

Muffled

Jesus in me
Well, the first thing the Republicans will have to over come is the fact that they have thus far been completely unsuccessful in finding anything to charge Biden with.

But hey, I know you will not let truth or facts get in your way.
I believe accusations are easy to make. We should just be smart and make them in Republican states where he won't get a fair trial.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Absolute immunity would end our "justice is blind" approach per the Constitution. Why would you even propose such a thing? Should I have immunity no matter what I do? You?
I believe that does not preclude taking a person to court when the person is no longer a candidate. The idea is to prevent these politically motivated court cases.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I believe that does not preclude taking a person to court when the person is no longer a candidate. The idea is to prevent these politically motivated court cases.

Whether (s)he is or isn't a candidate is irrelevant as the important issue is "Did (s)he break the law?". Supposedly, "no one is above the law". However, the ideal that "justice is blind" simply isn't true.