• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Critic on Islam

AhmadSyahir

Mmmm,thats only if you believe in Allah.

1. I have nothing more to talk on slavery. You just make fool of my point.

I agree slavery was a custom but it shouldn't be a custom now,if your argument is that banning slavery had to be done gradually i think 1400 years and still going is rediculously gradual.

It shouldn't be a custom now...bla..bla.. Did I say it's a custom nowaday? It's not called slavery at all but feeding people and take care of them like your family.

Let see, the total amount of slave freed by Muhammad S.A.W, his household and his companion is 30,000+. From that number, can you tell me which one will be employed and how many will remain unemployed? Imagine how many slave are there altogether. If you don't feed them, who will? *Long time ago, it's harder to get job especially for women(very hard). Mecca people before Islam kill their female child and this show how is their treatment on the female.

Treat them like a family mean to 'really' make them like your family.

The easiest way is not buying a slave in the first place,

Another statement of erasing the history. The slave is already bought before
Islam.

In both the Bible and Qur'an it basically says that if you have slaves you must treat them well yet it was Human beings who convinced the world that slavery should be abolished,IMO nobody should have to buy their freedom and there is no excuse whether its a custom or not.

Buying their freedom show that they are stable economically and ready to established their own life. Slavery in Islam is not even slavery at all but more to 'adoptive family' system. When you're ready to raise your own life, you can do so. There's also a penalty in Islam which require a person to free a slave.

You can't also deny that this 'slavery adoptive family' style is not relevant anymore because when there's a war, there will be captives.

My point is grown Men are still obtaining Child Brides,if they believe that Aisha was married at 6 years old they can do the same thing because their Prophet did it ,because it sets a precedent, so if the hadith is false they are the ones that should be told.

What kind of statement is this? You do ask me so I gave you the answer and suddenly you say that 'they are the one who should be told'. I know if they should be told but it's not in our discussion. You should stop on this.

Lets say it was a crime and the execution of 8 to 900 Men who have reached puberty was fair,how is it fair that Women and Children were taken into slavery and all their possessions too,would it be fair to punish a whole tribe or just the leaders

I've dismiss the question for the man of Banu Qurayza. I hope you don't mention it in the future. Insya' allah I'll answer about the children and women later after further study.

My conclusion, Aisha R.A have been dismissed from the discussion. The men from Banu Qurayza is out of question too. I don't want to see the subject that i have stated to be in our discussion anymore.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
1. I have nothing more to talk on slavery. You just make fool of my point.

I'm not sure what your point is,1400 hundred years ago slavery was a common practice but now its unexceptable.

It shouldn't be a custom now...bla..bla.. Did I say it's a custom nowaday? It's not called slavery at all but feeding people and take care of them like your family.

Lol,you can call it what you like but if people are bought and sold its slavery

Let see, the total amount of slave freed by Muhammad S.A.W, his household and his companion is 30,000+. From that number, can you tell me which one will be employed and how many will remain unemployed? Imagine how many slave are there altogether. If you don't feed them, who will? *Long time ago, it's harder to get job especially for women(very hard). Mecca people before Islam kill their female child and this show how is their treatment on the female.

I wonder if the amount of slaves freed is the same as what were taken,i doubt it

Treat them like a family mean to 'really' make them like your family.

Still slavery

Another statement of erasing the history. The slave is already bought before
Islam.

OK the slaves were bought before Islam and since the beggining of Islam more slaves have been bought and sold

Buying their freedom show that they are stable economically and ready to established their own life. Slavery in Islam is not even slavery at all but more to 'adoptive family' system. When you're ready to raise your own life, you can do so. There's also a penalty in Islam which require a person to free a slave.

Lol

You can't also deny that this 'slavery adoptive family' style is not relevant anymore because when there's a war, there will be captives.

Which should be teated according to the Geneva convention and not as slaves

What kind of statement is this? You do ask me so I gave you the answer and suddenly you say that 'they are the one who should be told'. I know if they should be told but it's not in our discussion. You should stop on this.

OK i'll stop

I've dismiss the question for the man of Banu Qurayza. I hope you don't mention it in the future. Insya' allah I'll answer about the children and women later after further study.

OK

My conclusion, Aisha R.A have been dismissed from the discussion. The men from Banu Qurayza is out of question too. I don't want to see the subject that i have stated to be in our discussion anymore.

OK but you asked for criticism of Islam and you got it,there are more like treatment of Homosexuals,i wonder what you'll come up with regarding those.

AhmadSyahir

OK but you asked for criticism of Islam and you got it,there are more like treatment of Homosexuals,i wonder what you'll come up with regarding those.

It depend on how your father told you about slavery.
-Slavery is treating your slave like animal (this is what you understand about
slavery)

Islam promotes equality among human being. There's also a concept called 'sin between human'. When you treat someone with a bad manner, your good deed will become his'/her's unless if you ask forgiveness from the person. As a true believer who afraid of Allah and believe that they will meet their Creator, they will do what was told and left what was forbidden.

Fact:
1. The master has buy the slaves before Islam.
2.The slave have no money to raise his own life after being a slave for several years.
3. It's harder to get a job long time ago in Arab especially for woman. (Woman receive a bad treatment in many part of the world at that time).

1.The master bought them with money. So it's fair for both the master and the salves. The slaves can also recieve Zakat(alms tax) money to free himself.
2.Even you know that slaves don't get pay for their job. How can they raise their own life.
3.Let see, if the total slave in a place is 50,000 people. And only a 1/20 manage to get a job. How many beggars will be on the street? If they're stable economically and have a job, they can choose to be free.

For Banu Qurayza's Children and woman, I have not come out with anything yet, but what do you think is the best punishment for them?
If I ever heard about anything new, I'll be sure to inform you.
Final word from me, Have a nice day!!:)

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
It depend on how your father told you about slavery.
-Slavery is treating your slave like animal (this is what you understand about
slavery)

My Father told me slavery was wrong,whether you treat somebody you own well or not they are a slave,he taught me this was wrong.

Islam promotes equality among human being. There's also a concept called 'sin between human'. When you treat someone with a bad manner, your good deed will become his'/her's unless if you ask forgiveness from the person. As a true believer who afraid of Allah and believe that they will meet their Creator, they will do what was told and left what was forbidden.

How odd that this equality doesn't extend to slaves or "what your right hand possesses" the following is from the Qur'an,there are many hadith concerning slaves too where a captured Woman should complete her courses before having intercourse and upon advice not to bother with coitus interuptus..

Now the point i am making is this,Muhammed and his followers owned and took slaves,in the 7th century it was common to do so for much of the world but some Muslims today continue the practice of slavery Child marriage and the killing of Apostates because they can see a precedent and want to emulate their Prophet.

Qur'an

(48) O ye who believe! If ye wed believing women and divorce them before ye have touched them, then there is no period that ye should reckon. But content them and release them handsomely. (49) O Prophet! Lo! We have made lawful unto thee thy wives unto whom thou hast paid their dowries, and those whom thy right hand possesseth of those whom Allah hath given thee as spoils of war, and the daughters of thine uncle on the father's side and the daughters of thine aunts on the father's side, and the daughters of thine uncle on the mother's side and the daughters of thine aunts on the mother's side who emigrated with thee, and a believing woman if she give herself unto the Prophet and the Prophet desire to ask her in marriage - a privilege for thee only, not for the (rest of) believers - We are Aware of that which We enjoined upon them concerning their wives and those whom their right hands possess - that thou mayst be free from blame, for Allah is ever Forgiving, Merciful. (50) Thou canst defer whom thou wilt of them and receive unto thee whom thou wilt, and whomsoever thou desirest of those whom thou hast set aside (temporarily), it is no sin for thee (to receive her again); that is better; that they may be comforted and not grieve, and may all be pleased with what thou givest them. Allah knoweth what is in your hearts (O men), and Allah is ever Forgiving, Clement. (51) It is not allowed thee to take (other) women henceforth, nor that thou shouldst change them for other wives even though their beauty pleased thee, save those whom thy right hand possesseth. And Allah is ever Watcher over all things.

Fact:
1. The master has buy the slaves before Islam.
2.The slave have no money to raise his own life after being a slave for several years.
3. It's harder to get a job long time ago in Arab especially for woman. (Woman receive a bad treatment in many part of the world at that time).

1.The master bought them with money. So it's fair for both the master and the salves. The slaves can also recieve Zakat(alms tax) money to free himself.
2.Even you know that slaves don't get pay for their job. How can they raise their own life.
3.Let see, if the total slave in a place is 50,000 people. And only a 1/20 manage to get a job. How many beggars will be on the street? If they're stable economically and have a job, they can choose to be free.

See above

For Banu Qurayza's Children and woman, I have not come out with anything yet, but what do you think is the best punishment for them?
If I ever heard about anything new, I'll be sure to inform you.
Final word from me, Have a nice day!!:)

Perhaps he could have freed them,i'm sure Allahs messenger wouldn't be scared of Women and Children but i guess there was no profit in doing that,have a nice day ;):)

AhmadSyahir

Perhaps he could have freed them,i'm sure Allahs messenger wouldn't be scared of Women and Children but i guess there was no profit in doing that,have a nice day ;):)

Don't overlooked my 1-3. That's a strong point that cannot be denied. You should comment on them.

That's it. Your father told you slavery was wrong because he thought that slavery is having slave.

What your father don't know is the slavery in Islam is family. The shariah law still occur if you do bad thing to your slave.
The so-called 'slave' is tied to the family because the family has bought them before Islam. You can never change history that the family has bought them.
You have no need to cover your Aurat to your so-called 'slave' because they're your family.

Reducing slavery should be done step by step. If you release of all them(for example 50,000), there will be thousands and thousands more beggars on the street. Fact:
1.Slave has no house.
2.They 're not paid. So, how can they live.

You ignorant think you're very intelligent. If you use your own law, you can reduce slavery but rapidly increasing the beggars on the street. Many slave will starving. Many people will be dissatisfied because they have bought the slave and there will be riot. The slave has nothing to lose. They have adopt family that treat them well.

I heard that the Crusader also surprise to look at the treatment given to slave . The slave that have obtain freedom reluctant to leave their master and family.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Don't overlooked my 1-3. That's a strong point that cannot be denied. You should comment on them.

OK i'll comment,IMO its just feeble excuses for a sad and discusting practice.

That's it. Your father told you slavery was wrong because he thought that slavery is having slave.

Generally slavery is keeping a slave,i guess thats why they call it slavery :rolleyes:

What your father don't know is the slavery in Islam is family. The shariah law still occur if you do bad thing to your slave.
The so-called 'slave' is tied to the family because the family has bought them before Islam. You can never change history that the family has bought them.
You have no need to cover your Aurat to your so-called 'slave' because they're your family.

Nonsense IMO and more excuses

Reducing slavery should be done step by step. If you release of all them(for example 50,000), there will be thousands and thousands more beggars on the street. Fact:
1.Slave has no house.
2.They 're not paid. So, how can they live.

Like i said before 1400 years is way too gradual

You ignorant think you're very intelligent. If you use your own law, you can reduce slavery but rapidly increasing the beggars on the street. Many slave will starving. Many people will be dissatisfied because they have bought the slave and there will be riot. The slave has nothing to lose. They have adopt family that treat them well.

And work them hard and chain them up and use what is rightful of what your right hand possesses.

I heard that the Crusader also surprise to look at the treatment given to slave . The slave that have obtain freedom reluctant to leave their master and family.

Which Crusader are you speaking of,there were many Crusades,i guess it must have been so much fun to be a Slave in them good old days huh,look at these Guys having a Ball:

Moderator cut: image removed

Last edited by a moderator:

AhmadSyahir

Which Crusader are you speaking of,there were many Crusades,i guess it must have been so much fun to be a Slave in them good old days huh,look at these Guys having a Ball:

0A117.jpg

Sahih Muslim (Book 019, Number 4370)

It has been narrated on the authority of A'isha who said: Sa'd was wounded on the day of the Battle of the Ditch. A man from the Quraish called Ibn al-Ariqah shot at him an arrow which pierced the artery in the middle of his forearm. The Messenger of Allah (may peacce be upon him) pitched a tent for him in the mosque and would inquire after him being in close proximity. When he returned from the Ditch and laid down his arms and took a bath, the angel Gabriel appeared to him and he was removing dust from his hair (as if he had just returned from the battle). The latter said: You have laid down arms. By God, we haven't (yet) laid them down. So march against them. The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) asked: Where? He pointed to Banu Quraiza. So the Messenger of Allah (may peace he upon him) fought against them. They surrendered at the command of the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him), but he referred the decision about them to Sa'd who said: I decide about them that those of them who can fight be killed, their women and children taken prisoners and their properties distributed (among the Muslims).

My internet had reach it's limit that I can't surf the internet well.
Lets get back on the discussion.

I don't know if the children and women were sold or not, but the hadith clearly say that women and children were taken as prisoners. They were taken to be taken care of. If you leave them, they will be stray and beggar on the street. It's considered over on Banu Qurayza's man,women and children.

I'll talk about slavery later.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
I think like most religions there are good and bad things within Islam. What I dislike is that it is exclusive. This essentially means that it is a religion that claims to be the only way, where if you are not a member, you don't get rewarded in the afterlife. I am attracted to philosophies that focus more on the quality of the individual, that is, a person is reward for being good, not for what they believe. But based on my discussion with many Muslims, including fairly liberal minded Muslims, Islam seems to take a stand that only a Muslim can even be a genuinely good person.

I think that is unfortunate. But I note that a lot of Muslims are really good people.

When I see a Muslim or think of Islam, I feel a mixture of curiosity and disappointment. I would love to have some close Muslim friends just like I have close friends from so many other backgrounds. But Muslims seem to keep to themselves and their body language indicates that do not want to be approached. At least, that has been my experience in my country so far. I wish, again, that Muslims were not so exclusive.

hi Madhuri. i don't know if you know or if you have ever been told but muslims don't mix with the opposite genders, so male muslims will generally keep a discussion short or they would avoid women altogether. if you wanted to get to know more about islam by talking directly to someone or witness someone 'living' islam then i would suggest you go to the nearest mosque in your city on a friday at around 12-1pm and you should see plenty of muslim women come there. you can just simply tell them who you are and that you would like to know a bit about islam and after the prayer you are bound to have someone come talk to you. thats how i would do it if i wanted to meet someone of another faith if all else fails. which state do you live in? i can probably help you a little if you want.

Tamar

I am Jewish.
Yup, mostly just the exclusivity of the whole thing, as Madhuri said.

I also take objection to the denying of future prophets, and the whole "Muhammad and Qur'an are for ever, for all mankind" thing.

And how is that different then the whole Jesus is the only way to heaven or to be saved that Christians believe?

It is very exclusive too imo.

uttam

helo ahmadsyahir,how are you. please justify animal sacrifice during eid. your prophet was ready to sacrifice his son for Allah's satisfaction ; why doesn't muslim sacrifice their son instead of dumba or goat etc. ok hindus also sacrifice animal but those hindus are severely criticised for their barbaric act.they are nothing but insane. are muslims also insane .

Tamar

I am Jewish.
helo ahmadsyahir,how are you. please justify animal sacrifice during eid. your prophet was ready to sacrifice his son for Allah's satisfaction ; why doesn't muslim sacrifice their son instead of dumba or goat etc. ok hindus also sacrifice animal but those hindus are severely criticised for their barbaric act.they are nothing but insane. are muslims also insane .

The story is in the Hebrew, and Christian Bible too. But an animal was put in the place of Abraham's son.

It is not the sacrifice that is at the forefront but that Abraham was willing to do what G-d wanted even if it meant sacrificing his own son.

How Muslims, Jews and Christians view this story is different but the story is in all 3 traditions.

Sadly the 1st image of Islam for me was-Female Mutilation [cut off her nose completely] of a young wife's face as punishment from her husband's mother while his brothers held her down as the husband stood by letting it happen. 2nd: Flogging a woman in the streets for not meeting the dress code- though she was dressed in hijab and also totally covered(?) while all stood by and let it happen..very frightening to me. Can't get these images out of my head-unfortunate-
Destroying girl's schools labeling them as 'clear targets' -burning down schools and raping non-Muslim women teachers-gives Islam a very bad name.
Stop charging taxes to other religions for simply daring to exist within an Islamic country-Is this The Holy Qu'rans highest truth? In America we call that paying-"protection money to the mob" so their store isn't destroyed and the owner killed for not paying.
Islam-non-education of women. I know this does not apply to all Muslims or Islamic countries. One is too many when justified under Islamic Law or Hadith as Allah's(swt)pure decree

I also agree with the counterpart of Christian and Jewish history as also bloody and barbaric by today's standards.

Having said all that-my third impression of the Holy Qu'ran especially is a favorable one. Also I love Muslims great sense and participation in community-we Americans who often don't even know our next door neighbor's name, can learn much from Muslim's about community; "Umma". I felt very much befriended and welcome by Muslims who were only too happy to invite me in-true when learning about Islam-so in memory to them and that time:
Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

My wish for Islam? for all factions to remove stoning and other obviously barbaric practices from current practices under Islamic law. It is okay to 'cherry pick' the Holy Qu'ran for Peace as extremists sure feel free to cherry pick the Holy Qu'ran to justify political based violence and glorifying this violence as martyrdom. Old Testament [Judaism] also has abhorrent practices too-it would be good to recognize we as humanity have evolved beyond stoning, human sacrifice/crucifixions in theory if not yet in practice.
-to follow the Truth within the Holy Qu'ran

To allow women to become Muslim even if their husband is not.

To ensure education is for all Muslim wives mothers sisters-the hand that rocks the cradle should know how to spell 'cradle'-don't you think? ~~peace~~
All Abrahamic religions dogmas and creeds need to join the 21st century-

*Humor: I love the show "Little Mosque on the Prairie" I'm sure the fundamentalists hate it- this show goes far in building bridges of shared commonalities all families face these days while also educating others on Muslim family life :)

We can all co-exist, respecting each person's right to practice their religion within a nation's laws. We can all get along together if we focus on unity of purpose rather than uniformity of thought.
imho ~~peace~~

cablescavenger

Hi there. This is a critic thread not a fight ring. Better check your spelling before posting.

Who says that Muhammad is Allah. You're informed from a wrong source.
Muslim view:
Allah has form. But nobody had ever witness it. Well,you can find His word in Al-Quran if you looking for Allah. Animal do possess soul and they we're not judged since they have no mind like us to think. If you asking me if the Adzan can be hear at the moon, I suggest you find a rocket and do so.

Some say that Niel Armstrong heard the Adzan in the space.
"When Neil Armstrong and co. walked on the moon, they heard sounds in a strange language they did not understand. ‘When Neil Armstrong went to Egypt, he heard the adhan, and said, “it was spacey something similar I heard while I was on the moon". Egyptian Friend told him that, it was the sound of Azaan (call for Muslim prayer). And Neil Armstrong immediately became Muslim because of this experience.'"
Neil Armstrong was never a Muslim, and he had to issue a denial in order to stop the rumours.
Sorry it appears I have already responded to this. Please ignore.

Last edited:

AhmadSyahir

I do have a point, you just don't like to see it, Ahmad. Typical.

I beg you. If you're unable to defend your own religion, don't go against your brother. It's stated in Al-Quran that about slavery and other criticism. You do nothing to answer those criticism and give your critics on me. I have answered some of the critics and you still contribute nothing to help me replying those criticism. I'm not defending my view. I'm defending my religion, your religion, our religion. So, choose your side. With me or leave?

AhmadSyahir

Ibrahim (abraham) told to sacrifice his son to prove his loyalty to Allah. After he done the order, it turns out that it's not his son that he has slaughtered. Ibrahim's sacrifice was a big deal. If he can obey such order, why we can't even sacrifice animal that can be bought with our wealth.

The Qurban(sacrifice) in Islam is not a ritual. It's only a deed of sacrificing a small part of your wealth by buying animal like goat, cow and camel and
then, slaughter them and divide the meat to neighbour to be cooked and eaten.

It's only a deed of charity. Feeding your neighbour and sacrificing your money on the right path. The reason we're sacrificing animals instead of our own son is because we're told to sacrifice animal in Al-Quran not our son.

AhmadSyahir

Sadly the 1st image of Islam for me was-Female Mutilation [cut off her nose completely] of a young wife's face as punishment from her husband's mother while his brothers held her down as the husband stood by letting it happen. 2nd: Flogging a woman in the streets for not meeting the dress code- though she was dressed in hijab and also totally covered(?) while all stood by and let it happen..very frightening to me. Can't get these images out of my head-unfortunate-
Destroying girl's schools labeling them as 'clear targets' -burning down schools and raping non-Muslim women teachers-gives Islam a very bad name.
Stop charging taxes to other religions for simply daring to exist within an Islamic country-Is this The Holy Qu'rans highest truth? In America we call that paying-"protection money to the mob" so their store isn't destroyed and the owner killed for not paying.

Islam-non-education of women. I know this does not apply to all Muslims or Islamic countries. One is too many when justified under Islamic Law or Hadith as Allah's(swt)pure decree

I also agree with the counterpart of Christian and Jewish history as also bloody and barbaric by today's standards.

Having said all that-my third impression of the Holy Qu'ran especially is a favorable one. Also I love Muslims great sense and participation in community-we Americans who often don't even know our next door neighbor's name, can learn much from Muslim's about community; "Umma". I felt very much befriended and welcome by Muslims who were only too happy to invite me in-true when learning about Islam-so in memory to them and that time:
Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

My wish for Islam? for all factions to remove stoning and other obviously barbaric practices from current practices under Islamic law. It is okay to 'cherry pick' the Holy Qu'ran for Peace as extremists sure feel free to cherry pick the Holy Qu'ran to justify political based violence and glorifying this violence as martyrdom. Old Testament [Judaism] also has abhorrent practices too-it would be good to recognize we as humanity have evolved beyond stoning, human sacrifice/crucifixions in theory if not yet in practice.
-to follow the Truth within the Holy Qu'ran

To allow women to become Muslim even if their husband is not.

To ensure education is for all Muslim wives mothers sisters-the hand that rocks the cradle should know how to spell 'cradle'-don't you think? ~~peace~~
All Abrahamic religions dogmas and creeds need to join the 21st century-

*Humor: I love the show "Little Mosque on the Prairie" I'm sure the fundamentalists hate it- this show goes far in building bridges of shared commonalities all families face these days while also educating others on Muslim family life :)

We can all co-exist, respecting each person's right to practice their religion within a nation's laws. We can all get along together if we focus on unity of purpose rather than uniformity of thought.
imho ~~peace~~

Unfortunately, the thing that you have listed above is not even in the Al-Quran. Even I can do something like that and still call myself a Jewish,Christian and other religion. I don't know where those thing you have listed actually happenned but real muslim is very caring and kind-hearted.

On education, Islam actually told us to seek for knowledge from the first time we opened our eyes, untill the last day for us on Earth.

Barbaric? Which one? Public stoning? Public stoning only occurs if someone commits adultery after he/she have married.

For those who are not married yet and commit the sin, they will only face a public caning. The public caning should be done not more than 90 degree angle and can be done buy using a sandal.

The big different for both penalty is because married person have no reasons since he/she sexual needs have been fulfilled. Adultery after married will also give a very bad effect in a community.

Islam never promote 'extreme' in our action. We're told to stay in moderation.
Some group that was portrayed in the western media as extremist is sometimes wrong. Watch this video of Taliban fighter:

LiveLeak.com - Taliban - Behind the Masks

Unfortunately, the thing that you have listed above is not even in the Al-Quran. Even I can do something like that and still call myself a Jewish,Christian and other religion. I don't know where those thing you have listed actually happenned but real muslim is very caring and kind-hearted.

On education, Islam actually told us to seek for knowledge from the first time we opened our eyes, untill the last day for us on Earth.

Barbaric? Which one? Public stoning? Public stoning only occurs if someone commits adultery after he/she have married.

For those who are not married yet and commit the sin, they will only face a public caning. The public caning should be done not more than 90 degree angle and can be done buy using a sandal.

The big different for both penalty is because married person have no reasons since he/she sexual needs have been fulfilled. Adultery after married will also give a very bad effect in a community.

Islam never promote 'extreme' in our action. We're told to stay in moderation.
Some group that was portrayed in the western media as extremist is sometimes wrong. Watch this video of Taliban fighter:

LiveLeak.com - Taliban - Behind the Masks

The young woman whose name is Aisha lives in Afghanistan.
Afghan girl whose nose was cut off meets with local doctors, prepares for treatment - latimes.com The picture worth a thousand words.
Her nose and ears cut off for running away(!!)
I'm sorry, I will not watch anything that claims the Taliban is humane. The Taliban make Islam look like a barbaric religion needing to be discarded. The Taliban give Islam a bad name and no women thrive under the Taliban.

I also watched on TV in this 21st century the Taliban shoot a woman in the head in the street(!) Live. On TV. You can't deny that. it happened. I will never "Unsee" it. Nor will any other woman who saw it. Why would a woman voluntarily consign herself to the possibility of such harm coming to her under the LAW of the Taliban, supposedly okay with Allah(SWT)?

Also a 'little stoning' for adultery, a 'flogging by sandal only' I saw a switch not a sandal flogging that woman. I saw a gunshot to a woman's head-not a sandal-claiming to be gently violent is like saying a woman is a only a 'little pregnant'. It's either okay to hit women or it isn't -under Islam. Stoning people for adultery is more wrong than the adultery itself. The punishment does not fit the crime.

I agree with all the moral and social ramifications of adultery. I don't agree with the response justified under Allah's(swt); God's name.

Yes there are Christian, Protestant Jewish, religious persons who hit women, kill women, all using God as their reasoning,God as their rationale.-BUT- it is not LAW. That is my whole point. That my friend makes ALL the difference.

That is why persons do not see Islam as a governing body they would want to live under. Aisha was beloved by Prophet Muhammad(pbuh), correct? It was sadder yet to see this young woman named after Aisha so violated.

As it stands right now Islam is a religion for men. Men get all the benefits of being Muslim. Women do not. They get to live in fear of male reprisals. Even at the hands of their own family-that is the hardest cut of all. To be betrayed by your own brothers and father simply because one is a woman. IF a woman is not safe in her own home, with her own family-then where?

As I have said, I love reading the Holy Qur'an. I admire the Muslim beliefs of community life.
It is man's interpretation of the Holy Qur'an I do not agree with.

Of course this happens under all religions I address Islam because the OP is about first impressions of Islam.

What is it about women that men are so afraid of that they need to blame God; Allah(swt) for their child like reactions; THEIR male temper tantrums?
As you said all humans benefit from moderation. Let the laws reflect this moderation. Assalamu alaikum ~~peace~~

Last edited: