• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do Christians and Muslims Worship the Same God?

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
You do realize that every major branch of the Christian Church in existence today can trace its root back to Catholicism, right?

No NO

OK dadman, who translated your Bible from Greek for you and comprised the cannon?

Who decided what books where to included in your Bible and what was left out?

In short dadman, WHERE DID YOU GET YOUR BIBLE FROM?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
They all worship the god of Abraham, they merely hold different perspectives and portrayals of him. No one has the character trademarked so it's a silly argument.

This post should've put this silly thread to rest. Christianity and Islam share the same abrahamic roots. The only people who would disagree are nutty christian fundies, but they are irrelevant anyway.

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
Just a taste
Moving the story along: in other words, the Protestant "Reformers" decided against the canon held dear by the Apostles in favor of a canon determined by Pharisees some 40 years after Jesus rose from the dead -- the same Pharisees who denied the Truths of the entire New Testament, even accusing the "Nazarenes" of stealing Jesus' body from the tomb and lying to the world!

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
This post should've put this silly thread to rest. Christianity and Islam share the same abrahamic roots. The only people who would disagree are nutty christian fundies, but they are irrelevant anyway.

Thank you Father Heathen, you are exactly right.

I have one last statement about this debate:

Does ANYONE believe that Muslims, Jews, and Christians think that the earth was created by different Gods?

Last edited:

dadman

You do realize that every major branch of the Christian Church in existence today can trace its root back to Catholicism, right?

Oh, I'm sure that is what they tell you . . .
Catholicism was born when Constantine tried to make Christianity a state religion ..
but regardless of what the Catholic church teaches .. Christian doctrine is derived from the letters of the Apostles ..
no further .. sorry catholics .. you do not hold the keys to salvation .. quite the opposite

Last edited:

dadman

it dosent matter . . . neither one can save you
but the protestant reformation was basically a back-to-the-bible-movement

Last edited:

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
I'll save some time here, the God that Muslims worship is the same God that created the heaven and stars, the earth below our feet. The Bible that some Christians read has only 66 books. dadman says his bible came from the apostles. If this where true, there would be a few more pages in his bible.

Protestant's left the Catholic church and took their smaller version of the Bible with them.

Now, I have a question for you dadman, did Paul ever know Jesus before he died on the cross?

I believe you follow Paul way more than you follow Jesus.

Last edited:

dadman

Paul was recogonised by the Apostles as ligitimate

question for you . . . how many times is Jesus to be sacrificed

Oh, and for your information, I'm not Catholic.

according to Catholic doctrine .. if you are not Catholic .. you cannot be saved

Last edited:

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
Of the 22 times in the Bible where Paul is referred to as an "apostle", only twice is he referred to as an apostle by someone other than himself! These two instances came from the same person. Not from Yahshua, or any of the original apostles, but from Paul's close traveling companion and personal press secretary Luke. Both accounts are found in Luke's record of the Acts of the Apostles, (chapter 14:4,14). Here Paul is referred to as an apostle along with Barnabas. By this time in the story, Luke would have been very accustomed to Paul calling himself an apostle, and he would no doubt have been in agreement with Paul's assessment of himself. By these statistics alone, it is evident that Paul is by far his own biggest fan... and his side kick Luke was his number two fan. This leaves no one else anywhere in the Bible going on record recognizing his apostleship

http://www.judaismvschristianity.com/paulthe.htm

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
This gave Pauline Christianity an awesome authority that proved attractive to Gentiles thirsting for salvation. Paul's new doctrine, however, met with disapproval from the Jewish-Christians of the Jerusalem Church, who regarded the substitution of Jesus' atoning death for the observance of the Torah as a lapse into paganism. Paul was summoned to Jerusalem by the leaders James (Jesus' brother), Peter, and John to explain his doctrine

Apostle Paul Founder of Christianity

Last edited:

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
so what's your point . . . Salvation is not thru Jesus and in him alone ??
If salvation was in Jesus alone, there would not be a trinity.

No Holy Ghost to enter us when we get baptised.

No God the all creator.

Just Jesus and Jesus alone?

No one goes to the father without the son right?

My final destination is with the Father. Father of Christians, Jews, and Muslims.

God is Great!

dadman

well . . . salvation ( according to the scripture )
is for those who believe that Jesus is the Christ, the son of the living God
and have therefore put their trust and faith in him . . .
Judaism does not believe .. ( still waiting for their Messiah )
Muslims do not believe and are therefore not saved

. . . Christianity and Islam: a side by side comparrison

Last edited:

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member

You also said:

dadman said:
according to Catholic doctrine .. if you are not Catholic .. you cannot be saved

So the Catholics believe you are going to hell and you believe the Muslims are going to hell.

I believe judgement is not mine but the Lords and the Lords alone.

Let me ask you something dadman, will Moses be in heaven?

Last edited:

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
well . . . salvation ( according to the scripture )
is for those who believe that Jesus is the Christ, the son of the living God
and have therefore put their trust and faith in him . . .

Not only do Muslims believe Yeshua (Isa) is the Messiah they believe he is a son of "God".

Quran 3:45
Ith qalati almala-ikatuya maryamu inna Allaha yubashshiruki bikalimatinminhu ismuhu almaseehu AAeesa ibnu maryama wajeehanfee alddunya waal-akhirati waminaalmuqarrabeena
When the angels said, 'Mary, God gives thee good tidings of a Word from Him whose name is Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary; high honored shall he be in this world and the next, near stationed to God.

They, however, do not believe he is a son of "God" they way you perceive it. The interpretation of "son of God" for the Muslims is the same for the Jews. Christians are the odd man out in their interpretations.

Quran 2:116
Waqaloo itakhatha Allahuwaladan subhanahu bal lahu ma fee alssamawatiwaal-ardi kullun lahu qanitoona
And they say, 'God has taken to Him a son. Glory be to Him! Nay, to Him belongs all that is in the heavens and the earth; all obey His will

You seem to not really know very much about the religion of Islam. Maybe you should start there. Get acquainted with the religion and not those fanatics misinterpreting their scripture.

Last edited:

dadman

So the Catholics believe you are going to hell and you believe the Muslims are going to hell.

I didn't write the scripture .. God did
someone is going to Hell .. you should find out who

You seem to not really know very much about the religion of Islam

I know the enough of God's truth to spot a fake

Last edited:

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
DP Said
"You seem to not really know very much about the religion of Islam"

I know the enough of God's truth to spot a fake

You've shown a serious lack of knowledge concerning the Islamic religion right out the gate so I highly doubt your ability to discern fact from fiction. All you said was they don't worship the same god...blah blah, they won't be saved..blah blah...!! but you've produced NOTHING to show their religion to be a fake...:sleep:

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
Despite what each belief system has fabricated in order for their system to stand out, the Christians, Muslims and Jews worship the Abrahamic God, which is merely a personification of the natural ordered Universe.

What almost all belief systems have in common is there desire to 'atone' with their understanding of God/Nature/Neter/Objective Universe etc.