• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do Christians and Muslims Worship the Same God?

Bowman

I don't know why you have (I think) such "Anti Islamic thoughts". However, I do not believe you when you said that they worship Satan. Both Christianity and Islam treat Satan as the enemy of God. And As what I've seen on the Muslim people, they have a strong faith in God, that is comparable to the faith of Abraham (which we, christians sometimes fail to show to God). They believe in the Creator. Wouldn't God be pleased if you accept Him that way? They may not accept Jesus as God, but still, they believe in Him as a prophet.

Perhaps now would be a good time for you to review what your scriptures state.

He who has the Son has eternal life. He who does not have the Son does not have eternal life.

This is as clear as it gets, brother…

Bowman

Doesn't that make the Qur'an of the Muslims contain the same message that Bible would want to say about the Kingdom of God and the salvation of man? If the Qur'an "mirrors" the Bible on that part (and any other parts), doesn't that make it as a word of God also (on the Christian's part), just presented in a different way?

The Koran never claims to be divinely inspired.

Thus...we should not expect that it was...

It does, however, claim to have merely copied the previous divinely inspired Jewish and Christian scriptures.

Renji

Perhaps now would be a good time for you to review what your scriptures state.

He who has the Son has eternal life. He who does not have the Son does not have eternal life.

This is as clear as it gets, brother…

So, if I accept what you just said, that means that christianity is the "only religion that worships the true God". If that is the case, then what particular sect of Christianity worships the "true" God?

Last edited:

Renji

The Koran claims to be divinely inspired. Thus...we should not expect that it was.. It does, however, claim to have merely copied the previous divinely inspired Jewish and Christian scriptures.
Isn't the Muslims thought of the Qur'an as a "sign of God" or something like that? Therefor, it does claim that it is divinely inspired. If its merely a "copy" of the bible, how come that it is different on some parts?

Bowman

So, if I accept what you just said, that means that christianity is the "only religion that worships the true God". If that is the case, then what particular sect of Christianity worships the "true" God?

A Christian is someone who takes Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior, brother.

This is a relationship, not a 'sect'...

Renji

A Christian is someone who takes Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior, brother.

This is a relationship, not a 'sect'...

Then, we can agree on this.;) But still downgrading other religions isn't the idea of this thread....

Renji

Your OP necessitates a yes or no answer.

'Yes' being an affirmation.

'No' being a negation.

Ofcourse. But you can just say Yes or No and your reasons instead of adding unnecessary comments, like they worship Satan whatsoever. Do not impose yourself on me....
Negation doesn't downgrade their belief. What downgrades them is what you said about their God. What would you feel if they say the same on Christianity?huh?

Last edited:

Bowman

Ofcourse. But you can just say Yes or No and your reasons instead of adding unnecessary comments, like they worship Satan whatsoever. Do not impose yourself on me....

Either a person has the Son or they do not, brother.

Those that do not, are deceived, follow the devil, and do not have eternal life.

Muslims deny the Son - flat out.

Therefore, they will suffer the second death and never make it into Heaven.

Do you disagree...?

kai

ragamuffin
I think its politically correct to say its all the same God and in earlier times its easier to convert if you say "hey its the same God"when in reality their perception of God through their own scripture and doctrine is so different that no they are not the same God.

Last edited:

Renji

Either a person has the Son or they do not, brother.

Those that do not, are deceived, follow the devil, and do not have eternal life.

Muslims deny the Son - flat out.

Therefore, they will suffer the second death and never make it into Heaven.

Do you disagree...?

I get it but, that is not the case here, bro. All I'm just saying is that even if we have difference in beliefs (Christians-Muslims), we still need to show them respect. Also, it is wrong to throw judgment on other people. Let God Himself be the judge, it's out of our business brother.

Last edited:

Bowman

I get it but, that is not the case here, bro. All I'm just saying is that even if we have difference in beliefs (Christians-Muslims), we still need to show them respect. Also, it is wrong to throw judgment on other people. Let God Himself be the judge, it's out of our business brother.

Scripture condemns the Muslim....even their very own scripture...

dadman

No . . . Christians and Muslims do not worship the same God . . . THANK GOD

Jesus = truth . . . Mohammad = error

Ramadan Score Card 2010 . . .
in the name of Islam: attacks = 226 .. dead bodies = 1,028
in the name of other religions = attacks = 1 .. dead bodies = 1
PS: yes, even atheism is a religion

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

Last edited: