• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do Christians really overly persecute homosexuals?

waitasec

Veteran Member
OK, I haven't read the thread, but the title alone is bugging me.

The use of "overly" implies that some persecution is acceptable.

"overly" or "it's too strong of a word" undermines the whole principle of equal rights for all...
"love the sinner, not the sin" is a judgment made by people who appoint themselves as the mediator between our undeniable right for being and the tyrannical god of their bible

hypocrite comes to mind...what ever happened to their faith when it comes down to actually VOTING on someone's right to be who they are?

Nerthus

Wanderlust
Lets change the focus of this sexual release. There are people that "love" trees, and I dont mean in a "I wanna hug you" kind of way. The trees have no say, no memory, nothing to refute this sexual transfer. I would not condemn that person doing this to trees, but would I support it? I would be supporting them to never find a person they can create life with, and that would be a loss.

Yeah, I have always compared a loving relationship to having sex with a tree.

it's_sam

Freak of Nature
hypocrite comes to mind...what ever happened to their faith when it comes down to actually VOTING on someone's right to be who they are?
It should be allowed for someone to embrace homicidal tendancies, because thats who they are? If we support everyones will to persue their physical urges we would negate every reason for our criminal laws. We have these laws simply because of what people do with their natural impulses in reality.

Duck

Wasnt the goal to show your love for eachother is equal? From what I hear ostriches are VERY willing, are you saying it isnt loved both ways? The comparison was acceptance of sexual preferance... Your preffer men the other preffer animals, both mates are willing participents. Your right to be sexual with what you choose and not what people say is normal... The problem with gays being in the closet is they are hiding from a part of themselves that should be opened right? How does this NOT transfer?

The problem that you seem to be having grasping for this argument is "consenting adults". As in, all participants in the acts in question are 1) HUMAN FREAKING BEINGS, 2) legally able to consent, i.e. are sober, informed, of the legal age in their jurisdiction (preferably adults, but otherwise legally able to consent to sexual intercourse). What is so difficult for some right wingers to understand that the people involved in these discussions are all HUMAN FREAKING BEINGS?

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
It should be allowed for someone to embrace homicidal tendancies, because thats who they are? If we support everyones will to persue their physical urges we would negate every reason for our criminal laws. We have these laws simply because of what people do with their natural impulses in reality.

Is it at all possible for you to discern between the urge to love someone in a committed consensual adult relationship and sociopathic urges? Most people can.

As I said before, this is getting ridiculous.

waitasec

Veteran Member

homicidal tendencies? are you serious?
that is a choice one makes...

this is not about choice.

no-body

I'm going to follow the rabbit hole of krazy here... psst consenting adults being in a loving relationship together doesn't hurt you or anyone else.

Heteros can get stds just as easily as homosexuals can hey I know how about we put a chastity belt on everyone when their born and outlaw sex all together except for procreation?

Duck

An animal cannot give consent no matter how into it it appears to be.

I'm surprised you haven't compared it to pedophilia yet, that's par for the course with bigot logic.

Remember it was once thought that all black people had the mentality of children too it was backed up by scientists and the religious just like today. It's OK though, your kind doesn't really know any better.

But keep on telling us how many black... err I mean homosexual friends you have, and how this exempts you from bigotry because we all need a good laugh.

I know, right? I am very shocked that it took nearly 250 posts before someone brought up ******* the family dog, er, ostrich.

Jeremiah

I too have heard that people care.

As far as I am concerned, if your grammar and spelling is not at least as good as the computer's, that you are typing from, you show exactly how little you care about the on going discussion.

Last edited:

it's_sam

Freak of Nature
homicidal tendencies? are you serious?
that is a choice one makes...

this is not about choice.
Yes my fault it was by total natural occurences that a man slept with another man. No choice involved in that event, it was simply free of choice. Ya know im not proud about how many women ive been with, but ill still admit it was my choice to do so. My sexual urges are real but its my choice how I share this with a mate, as its anyone choice to have sex with someone or something. Your trying to take away a line between sex and choice and it will never work because its obviousely there.

it's_sam

Freak of Nature
As far as I am concerned, if your grammar and spelling is not at least as good as the computer's, that you are typing from, you show exactly how little you care about the on going discussion.
Good for you.

waitasec

Veteran Member
Yes my fault it was by total natural occurences that a man slept with another man. No choice involved in that event, it was simply free of choice. Ya know im not proud about how many women ive been with, but ill still admit it was my choice to do so. My sexual urges are real but its my choice how I share this with a mate, as its anyone choice to have sex with someone or something. Your trying to take away a line between sex and choice and it will never work because its obviousely there.

are implying that the NATURAL attraction to the same sex is a choice

do you choose to be attracted to the opposite sex?

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member

Following your logic, then, it should be easy for you to be attracted to another man if you're straight. It's just a choice, right?

I can wait.

Nerthus

Wanderlust
Your implying the loving relationship doesnt exist to the tree lover.

In my experience a tree has never loved me back, shown emotions - so to me that you cannot have a loving relationship with a tree.

Besides that, I was clearly talking about a relationship between two humans, you know being this thread and all, next time I'll have to make myself clear for you :rolleyes:

no-body

That's nice for you but you'll forgive intelligent society for not wanting to base it's laws on the morality of thousands years old dessert shepherds. Let's move this thing we call progress along. You guys can hide in your fortified trailers and talk about how we are all going to hell and the kids today with their baggy pants and the mini skirts on those girls jee-zus.

it's_sam

Freak of Nature
Heteros can get stds just as easily as homosexuals can hey I know how about we put a chastity belt on everyone when their born and outlaw sex all together except for procreation?
My whole argument is based off both sides being too far gone, hetero and homo sexuals. Im saying have some decency and keep your private life in private quarters. I dont want a child seeing me being nasty with my wife any more then id want that child to see a homosexual couple being nasty. Its simple decency, if sex is to simply satisfy the physical urges with a person you love why does that have to be public? The argument straight people do it too isnt my argument im saying being ouwtard sexualy is dangerous gay or straight, it should be a slow growth and not something you can jump into at any given minute. A matured full adult is different, they know more or less all their options and have chosen their own path. A teenager trying to find himself is gonna stick where they feel they are most accepted. Be it a strip club or a gay bar they will find a reason to overlook their goal and accept what they found as what they need to fill their heart and mind. Im aware that gay people can raise children, this wasnt the concern of mine. They are giving up their right to create life in and of themselves. I would never think this is required for a full life, but it is true their bloodline stops. Someone devoted to paying for sex or sex with trees will share the same fate in life. If you cant see this simple fact of loss then my side of this conversation is over. You want to hold this as you think you have something against me when im being overly un-bias, even accepting someones choice to have sex with trees as a part of life.

no-body

My whole argument is based off both sides being too far gone, hetero and homo sexuals. Im saying have some decency and keep your private life in private quarters. I dont want a child seeing me being nasty with my wife any more then id want that child to see a homosexual couple being nasty. Its simple decency, if sex is to simply satisfy the physical urges with a person you love why does that have to be public? The argument straight people do it too isnt my argument im saying being ouwtard sexualy is dangerous gay or straight, it should be a slow growth and not something you can jump into at any given minute. A matured full adult is different, they know more or less all their options and have chosen their own path. A teenager trying to find himself is gonna stick where they feel they are most accepted. Be it a strip club or a gay bar they will find a reason to overlook their goal and accept what they found as what they need to fill their heart and mind. Im aware that gay people can raise children, this wasnt the concern of mine. They are giving up their right to create life in and of themselves. I would never think this is required for a full life, but it is true their bloodline stops. Someone devoted to paying for sex or sex with trees will share the same fate in life. If you cant see this simple fact of loss then my side of this conversation is over. You want to hold this as you think you have something against me when im being overly un-bias, even accepting someones choice to have sex with trees as a part of life.

and what does any of that have to do with homosexuals wanting the same rights and equality as everyone else?

You can never be unbiased if you keep comparing homosexuals to a human being having a relationship with an inanimate object or an animal by the way.

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist
OK, I haven't read the thread, but the title alone is bugging me.

The use of "overly" implies that some persecution is acceptable.
That wasn't my intention. I posted this when I was annoyed, and didn't choose my words too carefully.

it's_sam

Freak of Nature
I have used no scripture, I have quoted nothing from anyone else. I have used my own words to explain to you how I see this. You want to think im forcing down the hammer of God on the sinners of Earth, when all I have done is say it how I see it. The simple facts are: male + female = baby. Anything outside of this is a stunt of growth. If I had persued a life of homosexuality you think its past me? I dont... but its not what I want out of life. I connect with my brothers as brothers and I love them, But im fully aware that I cannot make babies with them no matter how much I might try.