• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do Christians really overly persecute homosexuals?

waitasec

Veteran Member
I really have to be the one to tell you sex isnt everything? Its required for the future of human existence in a natural setting, and if you put the stick in the wrong hole the consequence is "no baby". Why is this so hard for you to understand?

i never said sex is everything BUT
it is a vital part of our lives,
we are born with sex organs which gives us pleasure/and there are many health benefits associated with sex
it is healthy to have sex
denying sex is unhealthy...

Smoke

Done here.
Its required for the future of human existence in a natural setting, and if you put the stick in the wrong hole the consequence is "no baby". Why is this so hard for you to understand?
Yeah, and the human race is about to die out because we're not reproducing fast enough, right? That's got to be the dumbest argument ever against gay relationships. Of course gay people can and do reproduce, but if we never had kids, that would be a reason to encourage gay marriage, not to discourage it.

As it is, we don't have unplanned kids. We don't have unwanted kids. When it comes to bringing kids into the world, gay people do it better.

Gay marriage: better for the world, better for the kids.

it's_sam

Freak of Nature
As it is, we don't have unplanned kids. We don't have unwanted kids. When it comes to bringing kids into the world, gay people do it better.
Your kids? Tell me how you defied nature and two men made a baby? Again your turning this argument over to something you can dig your heels into. You cannot deny the fact that being gay takes away your ability to naturaly produce children with the one you love. You can addopt yes, your forced to decide on the position of parent rather then obscure mistakes. But this is still a choice, as it was my choice to be straight and create a family of my own blood.

it's_sam

Freak of Nature
Yeah, and the human race is about to die out because we're not reproducing fast enough, right? That's got to be the dumbest argument ever against gay relationships. Of course gay people can and do reproduce, but if we never had kids, that would be a reason to encourage gay marriage, not to discourage it.
I never made this argument.
Its required for the future of human existence in a natural setting, and if you put the stick in the wrong hole the consequence is "no baby".
I was stating a simple fact of reproduction. there was no point outside of that.

it's_sam

Freak of Nature
are you saying 3 yr olds can have consenting sex with a grown man?
What im saying is that most pedophiles proclaim the child was willing to participate but its up to the adult to know the boundries of whats accepted.

waitasec

Veteran Member
Your kids? Tell me how you defied nature and two men made a baby? Again your turning this argument over to something you can dig your heels into. You cannot deny the fact that being gay takes away your ability to naturaly produce children with the one you love. You can addopt yes, your forced to decide on the position of parent rather then obscure mistakes. But this is still a choice, as it was my choice to be straight and create a family of my own blood.

you chose to be straight?
were you attracted to the same sex?

this is getting interesting...

it's_sam

Freak of Nature
Ya... when I have sex with my wife I usualy choose to do it... Its not like I naturaly fall into her. There is times I choose not to do it either, does that make me a sex hater now too because I didnt listen to my natural impulses?

Last edited:

waitasec

Veteran Member
What im saying is that most pedophiles proclaim the child was willing to participate but its up to the adult to know the boundries of whats accepted.

you and i both know pedophilia is a mental disorder because
it does not involve 2 consenting people...

and putting them in the same box as homosexuals comes from prejudice because you are against, you don't condone the act of sex between 2 consenting people of the same sex

is it really your business anyway?
liberty and justice for all, not the majority but for all...

labeling homosexuality is just that; labeling you are judging others by putting yourself above them...who made you the judge?

waitasec

Veteran Member
Ya... when I have sex with my wife I usualy choose to do it... Its not like I naturaly fall into her. There is times I choose not to do it either, does that make me a sex hater now too because I didnt listen to my natural impulses?

no, are you attracted to men and choose to be heterosexual?

it's_sam

Freak of Nature
you and i both know pedophilia is a mental disorder because
it does not involve 2 consenting people...
No I dont know that, because thats not how the pedophile see's it. Just because you personaly want them to be cut and dry psychotic does not make them so. Ive heard testimony from them, Ive heard their thoughts and why they did what they did. Again... do your homework.

it's_sam

Freak of Nature
no, were/are you attracted to men and choose to be heterosexual?
I have as much choice an the matter as the next person. You can play this stupid little "your gay" game all you want but it will not lesten the point I have made.

Smoke

Done here.
There are gay people on RF who have biological children. (I'm not one of them.) And I have lots of gay friends with biological children. And no, they didn't "naturally produce them" with a same-sex partner. I suppose that would matter to a person who thinks means of production is the most important thing about childrearing, but I don't think such a person is competent to judge.

it's_sam

Freak of Nature
There are gay people on RF who have biological children. (I'm not one of them.) And I have lots of gay friends with biological children. And no, they didn't "naturally produce them" with a same-sex partner. I suppose that would matter to a person who thinks means of production is the most important thing about childrearing, but I don't think such a person is competent to judge.
Ill say this one last time. If you chose to be gay your are simply giving up your chance to create life of your blood. I never once said they make horrible parents. I never once said they cant raise children to be normal. All I have ever said in this whole thing is you are giving up your right to do it naturaly with the person you love. If you want to take more out of this then was said, its obvious I cant stop you.

Smoke

Done here.
Ill say this one last time.
If only I could believe that.

If you chose to be gays
Nobody chooses to be gay.

your are simply giving up your chance to create life of your blood.
Obviously not, since countless gay people have done just that.

All I have ever said in this whole thing is you are giving up your right to do it naturaly with the person you love.
This is what it looks like to produce a family naturally with the one you love:

theduggars.jpg

"Natural" is for religious fanatics and the inexcusably irresponsible. Rational and responsible people, whether gay or straight, use modern technology in planning their families. Responsible, fertile straight people use contraception to precisely to avoid "doing it naturally." Thousands of other straight couples use modern medical techniques to conceive because they can't "do it naturally."

If you think "natural" families are better, good for you, but normal people think that's a fate too terrible even for their dogs and cats. If you think children (or parents) are less loved, or less happy, because their conception didn't involve a penis inside a vagina, then I hope for your sake that ignorance is bliss.

no-body

The physical urge for sex is quite simply a mental illness.

I mean I KNEW that was what you really believed, but I never thought you would actually admit it. Wow.... wow. Thread is over. You can all go home now.

Smoke

Done here.
I mean I KNEW that was what you really believed, but I never thought you would actually admit it. Wow.... wow. Thread is over. You can all go home now.
I missed that post. Wow is right.

Of course, I can see how he'd think it extremely important that children be spawned by mental illness. :rolleyes:

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist
waitasec- People don't choose to have mental disorders. It is not a choice. So do you condone pedophilia? If not, you are a hypocrite.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
if you are judged for having brown eyes,
do you not call that bigotry?

this isn't about disagreements, this is about having prejudice's against someone's natural truth.
"i don't condone their behavior" is saying i don't condone who they are

you are implying their natural preference is made by choice when you throw in the word condone...it is not ANYONES right to condone anyone natural state

This can be true, in a few cases. But for most cases, I just don't agree. You are gay (I assume), but is that all you are? Aren't you a human, too, along with many other things? I am shy (it is not a choice) but I am also a woman, a daughter, a mom, a human being, and many other things. Your lifestyle or sexual orientation doesn't (or shouldn't) define all that you are.