• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do Christians really overly persecute homosexuals?

it's_sam

Freak of Nature
and what does any of that have to do with homosexuals wanting the same rights and equality as everyone else?

You can never be unbiased if you keep comparing homosexuals to a human being having a relationship with an inanimate object or a tree by the way.
Sexual impulses are a HUMAN trait... OK HUMAN meaning everyone in every form that its EVER been expressed. Your trying to disassociate the feeling from the act. It doesnt mean these feelings only count if they are directed at another human. Its the same you just WANT to see it differently.

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist
bigotry is intolerance which is a refusal to accept differences thru injustices, unfairness and discrimination.

"I do not condone their behavior" is the unwillingness to reason with someone’s inalienable incontrovertible right to be who they are
it's like saying
I do not accept, allow, grant their right to breathe

yes, you are prejudice... you can always change your mind
Yes, I have prejudices. Everyone does. That does not make me a bigot.

Not condoning what someone does is not the same as saying we do not accept, allow, grant their right to breath. They don't even go hand in hand.

waitasec

Veteran Member
I have used no scripture, I have quoted nothing from anyone else. I have used my own words to explain to you how I see this. You want to think im forcing down the hammer of God on the sinners of Earth, when all I have done is say it how I see it. The simple facts are: male + female = baby. Anything outside of this is a stunt of growth. If I had persued a life of homosexuality you think its past me? I dont... but its not what I want out of life. I connect with my brothers as brothers and I love them, But im fully aware that I cannot make babies with them no matter how much I might try.

that is your prejudice

are you going to deny the right heterosexuals have for adopting children because they cannot conceive? and/or should they not have sex because they cannot conceive?

silly, right?

do you choose to be attracted to the opposite sex?

no-body

Sexual impulses are a HUMAN trait... OK HUMAN meaning everyone in every form that its EVER been expressed. Your trying to disassociate the feeling from the act. It doesnt mean these feelings only count if they are directed at another human. Its the same you just WANT to see it differently.

That's the most coded way I've ever seen "homosexuals are mentally ill" expressed before.

waitasec

Veteran Member
Yes, I have prejudices. Everyone does. That does not make me a bigot.

Not condoning what someone does is not the same as saying we do not accept, allow, grant their right to breath. They don't even go hand in hand.

sure it does...
do you choose what sex you are attracted to?

are you trying to justify your prejudices because "everyone" has them
man up to it and decide

it's_sam

Freak of Nature
Removing a diseased organ = tampering with the laws of nature

God must have put it there for a reason, right?
Again I dont think it should be gone. I know MANY gay people that I love as brothers. But I still feel a pain that they will never see a child of their own eyes. I think it should be treated as everyother choice, a choice that will impact your life and its best to tread lightly untill your sure where your ready to move. It grew like everyother "FAD" first a way of life and now a style of fashion. People connected to it, and thats why it grew. Gothic people have rights too, but do we support being depressed all the time? Its a choice and we will warn gothic people their depression can hurt them. Same as how I would warn gay people you are giving up your right to create life.

it's_sam

Freak of Nature
that is your prejudice

are you going to deny the right heterosexuals have for adopting children because they cannot conceive? and/or should they not have sex because they cannot conceive?

silly, right?

do you choose to be attracted to the opposite sex?
Waitasec your side of this argument is nothing new to me and you knew very well I was not saying gay people cant adopt... Ill say again "GAY PEOPLE CANT MAKE BABIES!" they can raise a family sure. They can be normal people?!!?! NO WAY!! im not a moron.

it's_sam

Freak of Nature
That's the most coded way I've ever seen "homosexuals are mentally ill" expressed before.
The physical urge for sex is quite simply a mental illness. We cannot fight its urges to be wanted in our life. It is expressed in every good and nasty way you can think of. It exists in our minds and influences our bodies, but its in everyone not just gays.

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist
sure it does...
do you choose what sex you are attracted to?
You know my stance on this. I've stated it clearly over and over again. No need to reiterate the point.

are you trying to justify your prejudices because "everyone" has them
man up to it and decide
Do you even pay attention to what I say? I admit I have prejudices that that still isn't good enough? Do you want me to say that I hate gays, and that they should all die? I really don't know where you are going with this. I've stated my opinion of homosexuals. I've clearly stated that I support their rights, and that I have no problem with them in general. So maybe instead of trying to twist my words around to try to make it sound as if I hate homosexuals, you will just accept that I believe that some, the key word being some, homosexuals make this issue into something that it is not. You're supporting my point by making it so black and white. Basically what I'm getting from you is either you agree with everything we say, and never speak up against anything we do, or you're a bigot.

waitasec

Veteran Member
Waitasec your side of this argument is nothing new to me and you knew very well I was not saying gay people cant adopt... Ill say again "GAY PEOPLE CANT MAKE BABIES!" they can raise a family sure. They can be normal people?!!?! NO WAY!! im not a moron.

you put homosexuality in the same box as deviant behavior...
being NATURALLY attracted to the same sex is not a choice

why did you say man+woman=baby?
so what if same sex couples can't make babies, what's your point?

it's_sam

Freak of Nature
being NATURALLY attracted to the same sex is not a choice
Then by this right all pedophiles and tree lovers have the same right. This is what they are naturaly atracted to. Is it there fault you dont want them sleeping with trees or little children? I suppose its the pedophiles fault the children grow up instead of stay small. You can put down all the marks you want on this subject but there is only ONE way to make a baby naturaly. A Couple that cant concieve a child wasnt from lack of trying was it? They persued a life with eachother in hopes of adding to their numbers and the point is, they are trying to find what they can produce as a team regardless if it worked. Have I once said gay people have nothing to offer? Have I once said gay people are less then human because of it? Or have I only stated that "male + female = baby"? Is this statement untrue in any way during a natural setting?

waitasec

Veteran Member
The physical urge for sex is quite simply a mental illness. We cannot fight its urges to be wanted in our life. It is expressed in every good and nasty way you can think of. It exists in our minds and influences our bodies, but its in everyone not just gays.

says who?
sex is not a mental illness...
i'm sorry you feel that way.

it's_sam

Freak of Nature
Im not forced into breathing, I have the choice to stop even though its natural and required for life. I could easily choose to drown myself to stop the neverending cycle. But I would only give up breathing if death was offering more then life. Everything we do is a choice no matter what you tell yourself.

waitasec

Veteran Member
Then by this right all pedophiles and tree lovers have the same right. This is what they are naturaly atracted to. Is it there fault you dont want them sleeping with trees or little children? I suppose its the pedophiles fault the children grow up instead of stay small. You can put down all the marks you want on this subject but there is only ONE way to make a baby naturaly. A Couple that cant concieve a child wasnt from lack of trying was it? They persued a life with eachother in hopes of adding to their numbers and the point is, they are trying to find what they can produce as a team regardless if it worked. Have I once said gay people have nothing to offer? Have I once said gay people are less then human because of it? Or have I only stated that "male + female = baby"? Is this statement untrue in any way during a natural setting?

why are you putting homosexuality in the deviant box?
1st of all children are not consenting
2nd sex between people that are mutually attracted to each other is a natural process...

"Have I once said gay people have nothing to offer? Have I once said gay people are less then human because of it?"
you put homosexuality in the same box as murders...

btw, pedophilia is not linked to homosexuality

waitasec

Veteran Member
Im not forced into breathing, I have the choice to stop even though its natural and required for life. I could easily choose to drown myself to stop the neverending cycle. But I would only give up breathing if death was offering more then life. Everything we do is a choice no matter what you tell yourself.

we don't choose to die unless it is suicide
death is a natural process

it's_sam

Freak of Nature
are you saying sex is not a natural act?
are you saying sex is not a necessity?
I really have to be the one to tell you sex isnt everything? Its required for the future of human existence in a natural setting, and if you put the stick in the wrong hole the consequence is "no baby". Why is this so hard for you to understand?