• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do Christians really overly persecute homosexuals?

Jeremiah

As long as your willing to admit your giving up your right to create a child I have no problems with homosexuality or bisexuality. Having a family is a great gift though and it needs to be recognized as such. Being able to create a child with someone you love is a experience that should never be "confused" into someone. Its a choice, a choice your fine with and thats fine but your not everyone.

What's the matter; not getting enough attention?

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
As long as your willing to admit your giving up your right to create a child I have no problems with homosexuality or bisexuality. Having a family is a great gift though and it needs to be recognized as such. Being able to create a child with someone you love is a experience that should never be "confused" into someone. Its a choice, a choice your fine with and thats fine but your not everyone.

Hi. *waves* Lesbian mother of three here. Why would being a lesbian mean I can't have a child?

Zadok

Zadok
you are telling me that by the age of 8 you never acquired a crush on someone, anyone?

during your pubescent stage you NEVER had a clue about what you were attracted to...

i think you are not being very upfront here

my son who is 6 is showing obvious signs of his preference, he's had crushes, i see him blush

are you implying that homosexuality is giving into slavery?

My oh my. When I was 8 I was attracted to many things. I was attracted to various toys and a new invention of the time and only available in a few homes called a television. Are you telling me that since birth all homosexuals cannot be a friend nor have any kind of a rewarding relationship (attraction) with a female? Who is not being upfront here? Please – a blush is not a sign of sexual preference. A child will blush (be embarrassed) for many reasons including the realization they have read or pronounced a simple word incorrectly. However, your reactions to your son’s blush will assist in the manner his brain responds and continues its wiring process.

The brain is a very important part of a human being and greatly involved in our social relationships. Very little human activity is a born natural behavior. Until the brain has been “wired” (trained or taught to do so) a human cannot even stand, walk or even crawl. Until wired to do so a human cannot realize depth or even recognize specific sounds. Talents and behaviors in humans are learned based on brain wiring. Before a person can play a violin the brain must wire itself for that activity.

Once the brain has been wired for a behavior or activity it will exist forever until there is physical damage to the brain. There are hundreds of scientific studies about how a brain wires itself – would you like to be introduced to some of them? Even if the brain has been wired for uncontrollable fear of spiders, snakes, flying, or any other “thing” does not mean that the human is helpless and nothing can ever be done. It is not easy but the brain can be rewired (taught new things). Such rewiring does not unwire previously acquired wiring. An example is someone that smoked for many years will naturally reach for a package of cigarettes in their pocket – even after they have quit for 30 years and the package of cigarettes are no longer kept in their pocket.

What I am suggesting is that no one has to be a slave to any behavior or activity. It is not easy to be free. In fact freedom is always the exception never the default rule. Freedom is a discipline that can only be realized when specifically sought for and acquired. Freedom can only happen by breaking through the barriers of whatever habit that enslaves us. There are only two options – we are ether a slave to what controls us or we control our will until we are wired for freedom and thus free to determine what we are and what we do.

There is a choice – but to those that do not believe the power is within them to control their destiny – there will never be any possibility for change and therefore no choice. The religious term for no choice and slavery is “damnation”. The religious term for freedom is “salvation”. Many misuse these terms but non-the-less each person does choose to be damned as a slave to what would control them or to exercise will and be free.

My call is a call to be free – to break away from the false doctrines that humans cannot determine their fate. I believe in being free and I believe we all can be free. However, I have learned by observation and experience that freedom is the most difficult effort that must continue to struggle against the forces to enslave us all with ever breath we take for as long as we can breath – never giving in ever to whatever force challenges for control of who we are. My voice proclaims freedom. Strangely for reasons I do not comprehend some despise freedom so I expect opposition but still – I declare freedom.
Zadok

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Uh yeah, freedom is great. Now give me one good reason why I would want to give up my fulfilling and productive family life to satisfy your bizarre collection of religious taboos.

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist
I'll tell you what, I'll trade you. You take what I have been trough, and I'll gladly take your beating(s) (O ya, O ya, hit me bad boy, hit me bad boy). Although, considering your reaction to the whining of a few homosexuals, I doubt you'd have the mental fortitude to endure.
Why do you sink to childish insults? I'm not going to argue with you because as you said, you don't care what I say.

Duck

There is a choice – but to those that do not believe the power is within them to control their destiny – there will never be any possibility for change and therefore no choice. The religious term for no choice and slavery is “damnation”. The religious term for freedom is “salvation”. Many misuse these terms but non-the-less each person does choose to be damned as a slave to what would control them or to exercise will and be free.

Zadok

And yes, I am quite free and saved. Oddly, my "salvation" came when I threw off the yoke imposed by Christianity and embraced my true nature.

So, how exactly does this no-doubt cut and paste screed apply to the debate re: "Do Christians really overly persecute homosexuals?"

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist
I find it interesting that fallingblood continues to bring up one example of how he was mistreated to show just how...what?...tolerant he is or strong he is? I wonder if he truly believes that is the extent people will go through and that anything else must SURELY be an exaggeration.

There's a reason for so many to stay in the closet, fallingblood.
It has been brought up for different reasons. One, it was brought up because it was assumed I've never seen persecution. This last time had a specific reason. If taken into context, it makes sense. I'm not comparing what I went through with the homosexual struggle, especially since I was able to change.

I also explained what I thought was the exaggeration.

Jeremiah

Why do you sink to childish insults? I'm not going to argue with you because as you said, you don't care what I say.

"you don't care what I say."

Well, good, it is nice to see that you are finally starting to get it. Believe what you want and say what you want; I know who I am, and I certainly don't care what you think.

Last edited:

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist
"you don't care what I say."

Well, good, it is nice to see that you are finally starting to get it. Believe what you want and say what you want; I know who I am, and I certainly don't care what you think.
Then why continue to address me, try to show that I'm wrong, belittle me, etc? I mean if you really didn't care, I don't think you'd waste the time. But maybe you have nothing better to do.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
I find it interesting that fallingblood continues to bring up one example of how he was mistreated to show just how...what?...tolerant he is or strong he is? I wonder if he truly believes that is the extent people will go through and that anything else must SURELY be an exaggeration.

I find it interesting that people are taking his story at face value. Personally, I don't buy it.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
Here's a question, fallingblood: How many atheists commit suicide due to their atheism? How many Muslims do it due to their religion? How many Jews do it because of their race/religion?

Now how many homosexuals do it because of their sexuality?

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
I find it interesting that people are taking his story at face value. Personally, I don't buy it.

I think it's more of "Even if that happened...". I personally am skeptical about it, too, but even if it's true, it's still no excuse for his ignorance on this issue.

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist

Just to add something, I did explain in that last post, why I mentioned it. I also implied that what I went through wasn't the same as what homosexuals go through, but it was my closest experience.

Jeremiah

Then why continue to address me, try to show that I'm wrong, belittle me, etc? I mean if you really didn't care, I don't think you'd waste the time. But maybe you have nothing better to do.

"Then why continue to address me,"

Who says I am addressing you?

it's_sam

Freak of Nature
Hi. *waves* Lesbian mother of three here. Why would being a lesbian mean I can't have a child?
I said with the person you love. Your obviousely not still with the father and the love was maybe never realy there. I never said it was impossible for women to bear children, that goes without saying. But creating life with the person you truely love (both ways) is a great experience and should be told from both sides. I dont agree with the standards of straight people either, I dont support strip clubs and demeaning companies like them. My only point has been that its important for people to know what they might be giving up for their goal.

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist
Here's a question, fallingblood: How many atheists commit suicide due to their atheism? How many Muslims do it due to their religion? How many Jews do it because of their race/religion?

Now how many homosexuals do it because of their sexuality?
What does it matter?

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist
I think it's more of "Even if that happened...". I personally am skeptical about it, too, but even if it's true, it's still no excuse for his ignorance on this issue.
I never used it as an excuse. Maybe instead of using a cop out, you should show me my ignorance, and then enlighten me. That seems to be more logical.

And when I doubted the level of persecution of homosexuals, I was called a bigot. But now it's alright for you and others to deny what happened to me? Hypocrisy?

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
What does it matter?

You seem to think atheists, Jews, Muslims and others face discrimination just like LBGT's, and that that means LGBT's shouldn't complain so much. Last I checked LGBT's were one of the very few groups that felt so alone and discriminated against that they commit suicide because of it.

Last edited:

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
I never used it as an excuse. Maybe instead of using a cop out, you should show me my ignorance, and then enlighten me. That seems to be more logical.

We're on page 40 of people trying to show you your ignorance and enlighten you. I'd say it's a lost cause at this point.

And when I doubted the level of persecution of homosexuals, I was called a bigot. But now it's alright for you and others to deny what happened to me? Hypocrisy?

Nope. All we have to go on is your account. You have many more resources to go on with regards to the persecution of homosexuals.