• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you not ask yourself "what if I am wrong?"

waitasec

Veteran Member
Good analogy,but i can see this one being picked apart since the human will step on that ant and smush the guts all over the floor without remorse.
speak for your self
as much as you seem to think atheists are murderous individuals, who have no idea how to appreciate life, i don't step on ants with the intension of killing them
if i step on them it is only because i don't see them and i don't have eye balls on the bottom of my feet. do you walk around bent over with a magnifying glass to see if you are stepping on any ants? if you do then i can say with full conviction that you are a person with strong convictions if you don't well then i can call you a hypocrite...

besides your god doesn't seem to show remorse for aborting a wanted child...

Lady B

noob
What? I certainly would not smash and ant without remorse.
I would not smash it at all if I can help it.

As for your other questions.

No I don't worry that I might be wrong. Was that question meant only for Atheists? Or for anyone?

Maya
I did direct it towards atheists, why? To gather knowledge of a unknown concept to me and maybe others.It is impossible to discuss or debate any religion or non religion without trying to understand them/it. A specific religion such as Christianity, Islam, Hinduism can be someone researched to grasp the core of the belief system, from there we can understand where the person is coming from. But though atheism claims no God, it is as complex as any religion. I would love to hear your answers as well, but as yours is a religion with a god or gods, maybe another thread ?

Lady B

noob
speak for your self
as much as you seem to think atheists are murderous individuals, who have no idea how to appreciate life, i don't step on ants with the intension of killing them
if i step on them it is only because i don't see them and i don't have eye balls on the bottom of my feet. do you walk around bent over with a magnifying glass to see if you are stepping on any ants? if you do then i can say with full conviction that you are a person with strong convictions if you don't well then i can call you a hypocrite...

yikes! you misunderstood me completely. the poster with the ant analogy was giving a picture of how small man is to God, I said this analogy will be picked apart because of the view from an atheist perspective that God is a murderer, unjust, uncaring ect...so the analogy will backfire on us who view God as that huge being we cant comprehend. ok? of course I never ever would assasinate any person's character based on their beliefs.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
Good analogy,but i can see this one being picked apart since the human will step on that ant and smush the guts all over the floor without remorse.

I thought of that. But people would pick apart any analogy I would put down. :);)

waitasec

Veteran Member
yikes! you misunderstood me completely. the poster with the ant analogy was giving a picture of how small man is to God, I said this analogy will be picked apart because of the view from an atheist perspective that God is a murderer, unjust, uncaring ect...so the analogy will backfire on us who view God as that huge being we cant comprehend. ok? of course I never ever would assasinate any person's character based on their beliefs.

and???

how are you so sure you can understand god to be just and caring?
are you able to comprehend god? really?????
:facepalm:

Lady B

noob
speak for your self

care to elaborate on that statement? a specific reference perhaps?

kylixguru

I would say the concept of hell is infinitely more unacceptable than just stopping to be. The idea that hell is fair sounds like the most utterly demonic, depraved, diabolic and repulsive idea any sentient being can hold. It sounds like the worst and most pathetic flaw of character someone can have.
For a discussion on the idea of hell and who is going there and what it is, please see this thread:
http://www.religiousforums.com/foru...39-what-realization-going-hell-afterlife.html

Alceste

Vagabond
I did direct it towards atheists, why? To gather knowledge of a unknown concept to me and maybe others.It is impossible to discuss or debate any religion or non religion without trying to understand them/it. A specific religion such as Christianity, Islam, Hinduism can be someone researched to grasp the core of the belief system, from there we can understand where the person is coming from. But though atheism claims no God, it is as complex as any religion. I would love to hear your answers as well, but as yours is a religion with a god or gods, maybe another thread ?

It is more accurate to say that religion claims the existence of God/s, and atheism rejects those claims due to lack of evidence. It doesn't usually make any claims of its own, although a minority of atheists will go as far as to claim "God certainly does not exist". To me, that's a meaningless statement, since no specific deity is described, and I think there are as many gods as there are theists. (More, if you account for polytheists). You could claim "The Christian God certainly does not exist", but even this is dubious, since Christians do not all seem to believe in the same God. They're always accusing one another of not being "true Christians", and they disagree on every single attribute of the nature and character of this God.

Atheism is completely uncomplicated: it is only the absence of a belief in a god or gods. If you want to look at atheistic philosophies, like "secular humanism", "empirical naturalism" or "nihilism", then it can get pretty complicated, but there's no requirement to adhere to any of these philosophies to be accurately described as an "atheist".

None of us are replying to your questions as representatives of organized atheism. We're all just sharing our personal opinions.

Lady B

noob
It is more accurate to say that religion claims the existence of God/s, and atheism rejects those claims due to lack of evidence. It doesn't usually make any claims of its own, although a minority of atheists will go as far as to claim "God certainly does not exist". To me, that's a meaningless statement, since no specific deity is described, and I think there are as many gods as there are theists. (More, if you account for polytheists). You could claim "The Christian God certainly does not exist", but even this is dubious, since Christians do not all seem to believe in the same God. They're always accusing one another of not being "true Christians", and they disagree on every single attribute of the nature and character of this God.

Atheism is completely uncomplicated: it is only the absence of a belief in a god or gods. If you want to look at atheistic philosophies, like "secular humanism", "empirical naturalism" or "nihilism", then it can get pretty complicated, but there's no requirement to adhere to any of these philosophies to be accurately described as an "atheist".

None of us are replying to your questions as representatives of organized atheism. We're all just sharing our personal opinions.

I agree, I was simply stating my objectives for the thread.:cool:

Maya3

I see, ok then I will withdraw from this thread.
Feel free to visit the Hindu section. Respectful questions and curiosity is welcome. But if you want to debate you would have to go to the General Debate Section.

Maya

Lady B

noob
I see, ok then I will withdraw from this thread.
Feel free to visit the Hindu section. Respectful questions and curiosity is welcome. But if you want to debate you would have to go to the General Debate Section.

Maya
I would be ill equipped to debate that which i know nothing of, so thankyou for the invite I would like to learn the core or hinduism also.:D

waitasec

Veteran Member
did I ever state that I can? I think you missed the point entirely.

this post implied you know that god is just and caring...right?
how do you know this?