• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does God take humanity seriously?

Orias

Left Hand Path
She's got the power to help us, but she doesn't. Does God take humanity seriously, at all? Does she care?

I don't know about her, but he most definitely does have the power and he does care.

Though at the same time, its like sitting on the couch caring. Most likely sitting next to her.

Orias

Left Hand Path
Yep, you know there's trouble when they get up.

Either that or they are going to the kitchen.

Orias

Left Hand Path
I dunno if I could call it that :cover:

Since naturally, it would be natural to be not selected either ;)

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
so what?
doesn't change the fact that religious stories is just a way for mankind to understand he doesn't fully understand.
Yes, and even babies learn very quickly who they are by learning their boundaries. These stories are, in a very literal way, boundary markers for us. Many times, we come to know something by defining what it is not. Again, to dismiss these stories as simply "stupid" is to dismiss the human capacity for sentience and for imagination, both of which are pretty important aspects of the human being.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
all evidence suggest she doesn't though...
the sun keeps us warm. The earth feeds us. The sky gives us water. Through the seasons, we learn about the passage of time. Sunsets and autumn foliage entertaiin us. What do you mean?

the sun keeps us warm.

And gives us cancer. And Droughts which lead to starvation.

The earth feeds us?

And poisons us. Earthquakes. Volcanoes.

The sky gives us water.

And floods. And tornados. Hurricanes. Meteors and asteroids like the one that wiped out the dinosaurs and could wipe us out, or at least most of us. Somehow I doubt God would take the few seconds to redirect a massive meteor on collision course.

Through the seasons, we learn about the passage of time.

Woopty-do.

Sunsets and autumn foliage entertaiin us.

Sunsets are alright sometimes, I'll give you that one. Other times Id prefer more sunlight.

Autumn foliage doesn't entertain me.

Last edited: