• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evolution and Creationism: because ...

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Evolution was first an economic theory before it was a scientific one. And Hindus have believed in evolution for thousands of years. Check history. I am more of a historian than you. You will find that strict capitalism weeds out those who society deems unfit to survive. Evil men have used evolution as an excuse to force eugenics on society. You can see it in the past like Nazi Germany and other places.

This is the reason I refuse to believe in evolution.

Then you should reject atomic theory, chemistry, and bacteriology because you can make weapons of mass destruction with them.

This is puzzling. How can you deny the veracity of a scientific fact because of the possible applications thereof?

By the way. Evolution is a-teleological. It has no purpose. It does not "improve" things. Whoever abuses evolution to make a point that only the strong survives (because nature says so) committ the same fallacy of the ones who say that homosexuality is against nature, and should be rejected.

Whatever occurs in nature, is natural, by definition. And nature Is indifferent about what you are going to do with that.

Ciao

- viole

Brian Schuh

Then you should reject atomic theory, chemistry, and bacteriology because you can make weapons of mass destruction with them.

This is puzzling. How can you deny the veracity of a scientific fact because of the possible applications thereof?

By the way. Evolution is a-teleological. It has no purpose. It does not "improve" things. Whoever abuses evolution to make a point that only the strong survives (because nature says so) committ the same fallacy of the ones who say that homosexuality is against nature, and should be rejected.

Whatever occurs in nature, is natural, by definition. And nature Is indifferent about what you are going to do with that.

Ciao

- viole
Alright then, natural selection tells me my former rabbi is more fit to survive than many working stiffs. On welfare he has 5 children. How many do you have?

Evolution is not a fact. It has never been empirically demonstrated.

Brian Schuh

Only those with the luxury of a full belly. I avoid GMO just as I do non-organic ... but I'm just being careful because I can afford to . It is not part of a belief system.
Hypocrite! You eat organic and then say evolution has improved the food supply? Which is it?

Brian Schuh

Ciao

- viole
Well, I don't reject atomic theory, but that doesn't mean I'll teach a terrorist how to make a bomb.

Brian Schuh

Social Darwinists want to cut welfare for the poor to see who survives. I bet almost anything Jews and others will survive with or without government help. Nazi Germany, case in point. The Jews still survived, the Nazis did not.

Brian Schuh

Nazis determined Jews were the greatest burden on society, but soon found after the Holocaust, Germany lost 30% of their professional class, like doctors and lawyers. Everyone had a number on their head, red or black, determined by how much tax they paid or how much tax they consumed. Hitler could not have existed without Darwin.

Brian Schuh

25,000 crippled WWI vets took a bullet to the head, before they would allow Hitler to murder 6 million Jews, 4 million Noahides, and 2 million Frankensteins and lamp shades later, 70-100 million veterans died trying to stop the insanity, mostly Soviets on the Eastern front. Thanks Darwin. Thanks a lot.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
25,000 crippled WWI vets took a bullet to the head, before they would allow Hitler to murder 6 million Jews, 4 million Noahides, and 2 million Frankensteins and lamp shades later, 70-100 million veterans died trying to stop the insanity, mostly Soviets on the Eastern front. Thanks Darwin. Thanks a lot.
That you think Darwin is to blame is not nearly as comical as it is sad.

Sapiens

Polymathematician
Hypocrite! You eat organic and then say evolution has improved the food supply? Which is it?

GMO produces more critical calories for more people, that's good otherwise they'll starve. The possibility of an increased susceptibility to say cancer, at age 65 is possible ... most things in the universe are a double edged sword and which edge of the blade may cut you depends on many factors. That's far from hypocritical.

Sapiens

Polymathematician
Brian, the I suggest you get rid of any pets, take no medicines, abjure any probiotics, in fact, give up on anything wth a biological component or linkage since nothing in biological science makes any sense, except in the light of the TOE.

Brian Schuh

Brian, the I suggest you get rid of any pets, take no medicines, abjure any probiotics, in fact, give up on anything wth a biological component or linkage since nothing in biological science makes any sense, except in the light of the TOE.
I have already said I want my doctor to understand evolutionary theory. I went to college for liberal arts. I studied a lot of subjects my doctor never had to study. That doesn't mean that I push my truth on my doctor, he doesn't need it to live his life.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Yeah, I'm serious. keep your "knowledge" to yourself. The masses don't need to hear it.
Wallowing in (intentional) ignorance is not good for society. The masses need to understand how the world around them operates so they can make informed decisions.

Your willful ignorance and the desire for others to be equally as ignorant is alarming and dangerous.

Parsimony

Evolution was first an economic theory before it was a scientific one. And Hindus have believed in evolution for thousands of years. Check history. I am more of a historian than you. You will find that strict capitalism weeds out those who society deems unfit to survive. Evil men have used evolution as an excuse to force eugenics on society. You can see it in the past like Nazi Germany and other places.

This is the reason I refuse to believe in evolution.
That is the argument from consequences fallacy: whether something has a good or bad effect on society has no impact on whether it is true or not. You might as well be saying that you don't believe in cancer because it causes bad things to happen.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Alright then, natural selection tells me my former rabbi is more fit to survive than many working stiffs. On welfare he has 5 children. How many do you have?

Two. But I am not sure what the rebuttal is, if any.

Evolution is not a fact. It has never been empirically demonstrated.

I mean, you just have to take a close look at our great ape cousins to realize the first clue.

So, you believe all species originated independently as separate species? That life arose independently on earth several millions of times?

Or do you have an alternative supported by superior empirical evidence?

Ciao

- viole

Brian Schuh

That you think Darwin is to blame is not nearly as comical as it is sad.
Wallowing in (intentional) ignorance is not good for society. The masses need to understand how the world around them operates so they can make informed decisions.

Your willful ignorance and the desire for others to be equally as ignorant is alarming and dangerous.
I am willfully ignorant of many subjects, because I don't need to know them to earn a living. Topology is a branch of math I don't need. If you refuse to learn topology, then you are willfully ignorant. So you see all people are ignorant of most subjects. Most people know only one or two subjects. I bet you don't know Yugoslavian history. You, sir are wallowing in ignorance of Yugoslavian history.