• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evolution and Creationism: because ...

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
The Nazis forced vasectomies on schizophrenic men. Modern Germany has the same percentage of schizophrenics today as it had before the forced sterilization, proving schizophrenia isn't genetic. Yet scientists are still trying to find the schizophrenic gene, wasting taxpayer dollars, which could have gone to give more poor people foodstamps.
Are you being serious?

Schizophrenia does have a hereditary component, among others.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Eugenics is alive in the USA today. Believe it or not, it might be hard to believe, there are forced abortions on mentally ill women. Psych meds often cause serious reproductive harm. And it is next to impossible for the mentally ill to get a marriage license. With psych drugs, most of time, there is no informed consent. They are treated like undesirables in USA, like they were in Nazi Germany. Without Darwin, eugenics would not have become so popular. It's a fact. If you disagree, you are false.
Nonsense.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Eugenics is alive in the USA today. Believe it or not, it might be hard to believe, there are forced abortions on mentally ill women. Psych meds often cause serious reproductive harm. And it is next to impossible for the mentally ill to get a marriage license. With psych drugs, most of time, there is no informed consent. They are treated like undesirables in USA, like they were in Nazi Germany. Without Darwin, eugenics would not have become so popular. It's a fact. If you disagree, you are false.
Wait...
I need to get my foil hat....

Nope, still sounds like a juiced up conspiracy theory

Brian Schuh

Wait...
I need to get my foil hat....

Nope, still sounds like a juiced up conspiracy theory
No, Bush claiming Bin Ladin was behind 911 was a juiced up conspiracy theory to justify a war over oil. It only took 19 men to take down the World Trade Center.

That schizophrenic persons are kept from procreating isn't a theory, it's a fact. And there are the same number of them per capita every generation. Wake up.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
No, Bush claiming Bin Ladin was behind 911 was a juiced up conspiracy theory to justify a war over oil. It only took 19 men to take down the World Trade Center.

That schizophrenic persons are kept from procreating isn't a theory, it's a fact. And there are the same number of them per capita every generation. Wake up.
until you provide sources, you are merely making bold empty claims.
And no, it is not on me to prove or disprove your claims.
It is on you to prove them.
Or at the very least, evidence them.

Brian Schuh

Don't bother telling me I don't know anything about it. Especially when you've just demonstrated that you clearly don't.

Thanks.
Even if it was true that there is a genetic component to schizophrenia, that doesn't justify a court calling a woman Gail Davis incompetent to have a baby to force an abortion. If she really was incompetent, then she could not give consent to abort. She was pregnant with my baby. I was told that they could not allow two schizophrenics to have a baby, based on a theory that it is genetic. It isn't up to society to decide who is fit to survive, it is up to Nature, hence natural selection, not forced selection. Right, I am schizophrenic. I don't need to go to grad school to know more about it than you. Your theories are hurting real people.

Brian Schuh

As for me, it feels like my current impotency is more than side effect of psych drugs, it is the intended effect. Like a chemical castration. Most antipsychotic drugs cause it. It is easier to render a schizophrenic man impotent than a sex offender in USA.

Brian Schuh

Hitler would have called me an undesirable. Undesirables were as allowed to live and were paid by the state, but were not allowed to procreate. The USA has different words, and they keep it quiet.

Brian Schuh

Still no evidence, just bold empty claims......
Pro lifers dig up evidence all the time. They dig aborted embryos out of garbage, and put them on display right in front of Planned Parenthood. They are starting to force the release of medical charts. Closing your eyes to America's Holocaust against the unborn is more heinous than failing to learn evolution.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Even if it was true that there is a genetic component to schizophrenia, that doesn't justify a court calling a woman Gail Davis incompetent to have a baby to force an abortion. If she really was incompetent, then she could not give consent to abort. She was pregnant with my baby. I was told that they could not allow two schizophrenics to have a baby, based on a theory that it is genetic. It isn't up to society to decide who is fit to survive, it is up to Nature, hence natural selection, not forced selection. Right, I am schizophrenic. I don't need to go to grad school to know more about it than you. Your theories are hurting real people.
I can't speak to your personal story because I don't know anything about it.

I spoke to your claim that schizophrenia doesn't have a genetic component. I never claimed to know more about it than anyone else. Without knowing anything at all about me you claimed I don't know anything about it. Except that I do.
And I know it has a strong genetic component, with multiple genes being involved. That's not to ignore the environmental and epigenetic factors, brain activity and brain chemistry involved in making individuals more susceptible to developing schizophrenia.

Brian Schuh

By the way, Hitler treated retarded men worse than schizophrenics. The schizos got vasectomies, the retarded got castrations. He proved that retardation is genetic and schizophrenia isn't. He also falsely believed Jewishness is genetic. "God can raise children for Abraham out of the stones." - Jesus.

Brian Schuh

I can't speak to your personal story because I don't know anything about it.

I spoke to your claim that schizophrenia doesn't have a genetic component. I never claimed to know more about it than anyone else. Without knowing anything at all about me you claimed I don't know anything about it. Except that I do.
And I know it has a strong genetic component, with multiple genes being involved. That's not to ignore the environmental and epigenetic factors, brain activity and brain chemistry involved in making individuals more susceptible to developing schizophrenia.
My shrink always thought I have schizophrenia, but admits that it is PTSD, they look much alike. So I don't know if I have been falsely labeled nor do I know what percent of the mentally ill have been mislabed. There is no possible way to find a genetic link. There always seem to be the same number of schizophrenics per capita every generation.

Brian Schuh

The seven groups that were exterminated-
1. Jews
2. Homosexuals
3. Lesbians
4. Witches
5. Male witches.
6. Gypsies.
7. Heretics.

They all survived, you even still see gypsies, although there was a complete extermination

Natural selection? No you got to live or die depending on lists of SS# numbers. The government did the selecting, not nature.

The undesirables were paid and lived, but could not procreate.

The only ones who didn't survive were the nazis. But enough people study their beliefs, could it happen again? NEVER AGAIN.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
My shrink always thought I have schizophrenia, but admits that it is PTSD, they look much alike. So I don't know if I have been falsely labeled nor do I know what percent of the mentally ill have been mislabed. There is no possible way to find a genetic link. There always seem to be the same number of schizophrenics per capita every generation.
There is a genetic link.

Schizophrenia occurs in less than 1% of the general population. If you have a first degree relative with schizophrenia, your chance of developing the disorder goes up to 10%. If your twin has schizophrenia, your chances of developing it go up to 40-65%. So genetic clearly has something to do with it.

http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/publications/schizophrenia-booklet-12-2015/index.shtml
http://www.livescience.com/53502-schizophrenia-gene-c4.html
http://www.schizophrenia.com/research/hereditygen.htm
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v511/n7510/full/nature13595.html