• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evolution and Creationism: because ...

Brian Schuh

Even Hitler saw that schizophrenic persons stimulated the economy and saw it wise to let them live. They create jobs. Even Hitler saw they contributed to society. They are fit to live in their belief. Jewish psychiatrists were held in high regard and worked in the death camps. It was against the law in the death camps to commit suicide before you were gassed. You had to want to live before you could be murdered.

Brian Schuh

Dr. Victor Frankel was not a psychiatrist, he lied. But he could convince suicidal people to want to live so they could be gassed. Dr. Frankel survived, psych patients and their doctors were respected by the nazis even if they were Jews.

This stuff could not have happened before Darwin.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Dr. Victor Frankel was not a psychiatrist, he lied. But he could convince suicidal people to want to live so they could be gassed. Dr. Frankel survived, psych patients and their doctors were respected by the nazis even if they were Jews.

Of course it could have happened. Much worse things have indeed happened before Darwin.

Brian Schuh

I can't prove Gail Davis was forced to have an abortion. They told me the truth, but turned right around and told others she was never pregnant, that she was delusional, her right to privacy used against her.

Brian Schuh

Some people want to cut all welfare and Social Security and social programs and see who is fit to survive by natural selection. My former rabbi collects WIC and food stamps and had 5 boys.

When the new nazis complain about welfare recipients raising babies on their tax dollars, I get mad and laugh at the same time. You can't stop it.

Brian Schuh

Some people want to cut all welfare and Social Security and social programs and see who is fit to survive by natural selection. My former rabbi collects WIC and food stamps and had 5 boys.

When the new nazis complain about welfare recipients raising babies on their tax dollars, I get mad and laugh at the same time. You can't stop it.
I mean the rabbi has 5 boys, a typo.

Brian Schuh

Jews in Europe at one time refused to work because one had to accept Jesus to join a guild or trade union. So they engaged in usury. They were serfs of the Treasury, who would give them what they needed, and take the $ they made. Jews could not leave the ghetto unless they were spending $. No one wanted them around unless they had $.

The most convincing proof there is a God, even Jesus said it, this people will survive till the end of time. If there was no God, how is it that Jews are still here?

Brian Schuh

If I never have children, my books and manuscripts with my schizophrenic thought will produce more schizophrenics after I'm dead. It isn't genetic. They say schizophrenia isn't contagious, but I know better. A way of thinking can be passed on.

Brian Schuh

Jewishness was thought to be an illness and genetic, much like schizophrenia is thought to be an illness and genetic.

Witches popped up in Salem, Massachusetts. Was it genetic?

If homosexuality is genetic, why are there still homosexuals?

Some ways of thinking and believing and behaving don't go away, even after a "cleansing." Like in Nazi Germany.

Brian Schuh

It was unacceptable for a person to dance without listening to music in Salem. That is something a witch or schizophrenic would do, to dance to music no one can hear. What makes someone behave like that? Genetics?

Parsimony

(1) Groups of people thinking that they were superior to other groups of people is as old as humanity itself. Darwin wasn't necessary for that.
(2) Even if it was somehow impossible before Darwin, so what? That does absolutely nothing to refute evolution.

Brian Schuh

(1) Groups of people thinking that they were superior to other groups of people is as old as humanity itself. Darwin wasn't necessary for that.
(2) Even if it was somehow impossible before Darwin, so what? That does absolutely nothing to refute evolution.
What makes you think I am trying to refute evolution? I already said I believe in the evolutionary process as much of it has been observed. No one can put the universe into a video cassette recorder and push rewind to learn what happened in the past. A phenomenon as the Butterfly Effect taught by Chaos Theory shows that a mosquito biting a bull can radically change the course of history. Let's fast forward the universe, tell me what will happen tomorrow? It should be easier than telling me what happened thousands of years ago. Torah claims that God can and even has changed the laws of nature. Go ahead with your laws of physics, rewind Nd fsst forward, and tell me the future like you tell me the distant past.

Brian Schuh

Then why did you make the following statement?
There is the evolutionary process, but what I refuse to believe is that you can determine the past like putting the Earth in a VCR to figure out how we got here. It seems to be a package deal with y'all. I believe what I can observe. No one can time travel or rewind the universe, so I have to learn from eyewitnesses and historians who are not infallible. So I just say, I don't believe in evolution, cause I don't accept the whole package deal.

Parsimony

There is the evolutionary process, but what I refuse to believe is that you can determine the past like putting the Earth in a VCR to figure out how we got here. It seems to be a package deal with y'all. I believe what I can observe. No one can time travel or rewind the universe, so I have to learn from eyewitnesses and historians who are not infallible. So I just say, I don't believe in evolution, cause I don't accept the whole package deal.
So what was the point in bringing up social Darwinism?

Brian Schuh

Issac Asimov wrote a fictional story about a computer that was programmed with the laws of nature. And the government used this computer to know when a crime was about to happen. This computer used the laws of nature to figure out the past and future.

Get it? It's fiction. You can't rewind the universe and claim to know how we got here or if there really was a Big Bang.

Sapiens

Polymathematician
Jewishness was thought to be an illness and genetic, much like schizophrenia is thought to be an illness and genetic.
The study, ... confirms that genes connected to regulating the brain chemical dopamine are involved in schizophrenia, as predicted. But so are genes involved in the immune system, and several associated with heavy smoking.

"Some are very familiar genes expressed in nerve cells, and some are results where you scratch your head and you know you have more work to do" to understand their role in schizophrenia, said Steven Hyman, director of the Stanley Center for Psychiatric Research at the Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard, which helped lead the study.

That doesn't mean that schizophrenia is caused by inflammation or cigarettes. Genes may play one role in the immune system and another in the brain, for instance, Hyman said.

"Most importantly, the goal is not to end up with a list of genes, but with novel treatments," Hyman said via e-mail. To that end, he said, another member of theStanley Institute, former Merck executive Ed Scolnick, has developed a program to discover new drugs through combining genetics, stem cell work and neurobiological data, Hyman said.

At this point, the identification of the 108 schizophrenia genes in the new study means much more to scientists than to patients. Patients will start to benefit, Hyman said, when scientists — and hopefully drug companies — use the genes to identify targets for drug treatments.

"In some sense, it's already giving us clues to the biology of this disease that ultimately will be exploitable to understand what is going wrong in the brain and most importantly for very much needed new treatments," Hyman said.

This isn't the first time that researchers have considered a link between the immune system and schizophrenia. Smaller genetic studies have hinted at a connection. People with schizophrenia often have signs of inflammation in their bloodstream, and relatives of those with autoimmune disorders have as much as 45% increased risk of developing schizophrenia, said Consuelo Walss Bass, an associate professor at theUniversity of Texas Health Science Center in Houston.

The new study removes any doubt about the connection.

The genome-wide association study, or GWAS, looked for genes that were common across many of the 150,000 participants, nearly 37,000 of whom had the disease. The large number — and overrepresentation of those with schizophrenia — was crucial for scientists to see the contributions of multiple genes, each of which only contributes a little bit to schizophrenia.

About 1% of Americans have schizophrenia, a brain disorder that can lead to agitation, hearing voices and terrifying paranoia.

Studying so many patients requires the collaboration of many scientists and doctors, and is a "huge achievement," said Marcus Munafò, a professor of Biological Psychology at the University of Bristol in the United Kingdom, who wrote a commentary about the new study in Nature.

Most common diseases are the result of many genes interacting. GWAS studies help researchers identify genes that are important to a particular condition but may not be obvious in terms of function.

It's not clear yet why the genes associated with smoking are involved with schizophrenia, Munafò said, but knowing that they are could help researchers identify whether smoking actually increases risk, for instance, or whether there are lifestyle changes people could make to reduce their chances of getting schizophrenia, he said.

Because the study is so large, it's pretty certain that any gene that showed up in the study plays a significant role in schizophrenia, but not every gene important to the condition has been identified yet.

"Now we have 108 pieces, but maybe it's a 1,000-piece puzzle, so we have a long way to go," Hyman said.

Also, check out Web MD:

Scientists have long known that schizophrenia runs in families. The illness occurs in 1 percent of the general population, but it occurs in 10 percent of people who have a first-degree relative with the disorder, such as a parent, brother, or sister. People who have second-degree relatives (aunts, uncles, grandparents, or cousins) with the disease also develop schizophrenia more often than the general population. The risk is highest for an identical twin of a person with schizophrenia. He or she has a 40 to 65 percent chance of developing the disorder.

We inherit our genes from both parents. Scientists believe several genes are associated with an increased risk of schizophrenia, but that no gene causes the disease by itself. In fact, recent research has found that people with schizophrenia tend to have higher rates of rare genetic mutations. These genetic differences involve hundreds of different genes and probably disrupt brain development.

Witches popped up in Salem, Massachusetts. Was it genetic?
Witches did not pop up in Salem, a witch trial, with its roots in economics and religion popped up.
If homosexuality is genetic, why are there still homosexuals?
Because genetic make-up accounts for about 40 percent of the chance of a man being homosexual, besides, those with elements of the homosexual genotype and (and do) reproduce.
Some ways of thinking and believing and behaving don't go away, even after a "cleansing." Like in Nazi Germany.
You do not understand any genetics beyond a simple Mendelian model, and even there you fail to factor in dominant and recessive considerations.