• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gaza civilians killed at historic pace

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
well your advice seems to be continue bombing innocent women and children so your credibility is on display
And as usual, you didn't and don't address the questions posed to you. I put out there what I believe and why I believe as such, so; for you to state that I have no creditability is complete nonsense.

Disagree with me-- that's fine-- but at least have the guts to put out why you disagree instead of just spouting an ad hominin swipe. You have offered no solutions, but you do have whining down quite well.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
And as usual, you didn't and don't address the questions posed to you. I put out there what I believe and why I believe as such, so; for you to state that I have no creditability is complete nonsense.

Disagree with me-- that's fine-- but at least have the guts to put out why you disagree instead of just spouting an ad hominin swipe. You have offered no solutions, but you do have whining down quite well.
Anyone that supports what Israel is doing has no credibility, end of story

metis

Anyone that supports what Israel is doing has no credibility, end of story
If you would actually offer what should Israel do to stop Hamas' repeated assaults instead of just whining maybe we could have an adult conversation. Until then...

Orbit

I'm a planet
If you would actually offer what should Israel do to stop Hamas' repeated assaults instead of just whining maybe we could have an adult conversation. Until then...
I have offered that answer but it gets ignored. Negotiate. It's what you do instead of war crimes. As I have said before, did England carpet bomb Belfast because of the IRA? No. It took negotiations to stop that conflict, which everyone thought was just as hopeless as this one.

metis

I have offered that answer but it gets ignored. Negotiate.
They have negotiated over the issue of hostage release, but neither side has gone any further because it's highly unlikely any agreeable settlement could be reached.

Instead, how about this: Hamas stops all rocket fire and surrenders so as to keep their fellow Palestinians alive? The Japanese did that for that reason, and many times this has been done in world history.

So, why don't you get on Hamas' case and say they should do as such for humanitarian reasons? Good luck with that.

Orbit

I'm a planet
They have negotiated over the issue of hostage release, but neither side has gone any further because it's highly unlikely any agreeable settlement could be reached.

Instead, how about this: Hamas stops all rocket fire and surrenders so as to keep their fellow Palestinians alive? The Japanese did that for that reason, and many times this has been done in world history.

So, why don't you get on Hamas' case and say they should do as such for humanitarian reasons? Good luck with that.
I don't agree with your cynicism about negotiation.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I have offered that answer but it gets ignored. Negotiate. It's what you do instead of war crimes. As I have said before, did England carpet bomb Belfast because of the IRA? No. It took negotiations to stop that conflict, which everyone thought was just as hopeless as this one.
The problem I see is that Israel apologists believe
that any feeble or dishonest offers are "negotiation".
The don't want ending the oppression & apartheid
to be on the table for Palestinians.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
How many times has that been tried in the last 4,5,6,7 decades?

Maybe "this" time Arab leaders will accept a two state solution, :rolleyes:

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
In the last 75 years the United Nations has literally run military offensives against North Korea, sanctioned all of it's main industries to crush it's economic development, prevented imports and heavily sanctioned it's military and nuclear programs.

What UN resolutions do you consider to so impactful to Israel that that the UN is 'ignoring' North Korea by comparison?

I did overstate.. a bit.

There have been 21 resolutions against NK, including 5 during the Korean war.
There have been 131 resolutions against Israel.

This article discusses the OIC's influence in UN resolutions, and it also gives stats on recent imbalances of resolutions in the UN. Please keep in mind that this article is making a series of clear, unambiguous factual claims. If they're wrong, it would be easy to discover.

Mobbing: Israel's ordeal at the United Nations - opinion

Again, this is why, in this case especially, "appeals to authority" seem like weak arguments.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I did overstate.. a bit.

There have been 21 resolutions against NK, including 5 during the Korean war.
There have been 131 resolutions against Israel.

This article discusses the OIC's influence in UN resolutions, and it also gives stats on recent imbalances of resolutions in the UN. Please keep in mind that this article is making a series of clear, unambiguous factual claims. If they're wrong, it would be easy to discover.

Mobbing: Israel's ordeal at the United Nations - opinion

Again, this is why, in this case especially, "appeals to authority" seem like weak arguments.
Israel's ordeal?
Israel wields veto power over any resolution.

metis

I don't agree with your cynicism about negotiation.
But you are adding nothing to any serious discourse on this, thus your position still would leave Israel in a position whereas they take in the offensive missiles from Hamas while you expect Israel just to roll over and play dead. Unless you have something else to offer, this discussion just came to an end.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
I've got a better idea, Israel surrender half their land to the Palestinians and move their people out of the Palestinian half, its the only fair thing to do, Israeli crimes have become much worse than Hamas, Hamas is no longer the worse party

Last edited:

libre

Skylark
Staff member
Premium Member
Hamas stops all rocket fire and surrenders so as to keep their fellow Palestinians alive?
If your only solution to protect Palestinian civilians is to demand the unilateral surrender of a terrorist group that is using Palestinians as human shields: you have condemned those Palestinians to death. This surrender will simply never ever happen.

There needs to be a path forward that deals with Hamas without condemning the stateless Palestinian people to live perpetually as collateral damage.

Yerda

Veteran Member
I've got a better idea, Israel surrender half their land to the Palestinians and move their people out of the Palestinian half, its the only fair thing to do, Israeli crimes have become much worse than Hamas, Hamas is no longer the bad guy
Hamas is vile. And let's not forget why the Israelis have lost their minds.