• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gaza civilians killed at historic pace

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I have offered that answer but it gets ignored. Negotiate. It's what you do instead of war crimes. As I have said before, did England carpet bomb Belfast because of the IRA? No. It took negotiations to stop that conflict, which everyone thought was just as hopeless as this one.
Negotiations don't work with these people.

Ergo Yasser Arafat.

No different then, no different now.

Orbit

I'm a planet
Negotiations don't work with these people.

Ergo Yasser Arafat.

No different then, no different now.
This is a different point in history with different players. I think it’s a logical fallacy to use your argument as a reason to not try it.

libre

Skylark
Staff member
Premium Member
And what about Hamas?
And what about the hostages?
Hamas is a terrorist group that should be opposed, and the hostages should be released.

Now that I've entertained your whataboutism, do you have any interest in addressing the questions I asked you on the first page of the thread? Do you have any thoughts on the original article?
Or are you just here to ask questions that you don't care for the answers to?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
You do realize that Arafat was not part of Hamas, right?

He was literally their opposition.
He was handed the opportunity for a two state solution as leader of the Palestinian PLO.

He was in charge at the time. Not Hamas.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Then what? What have I ever said that could possibly make you suspect that my concern for the lives of innocent Israeli children was anything but sincere? Why does that "strike you as obscenely disingenuous"? What make you think I could be such a monster that I would not care about innocent children being killed?

(Listen Jay, I understand that this issue brings out passionate reactions. If that is all that was, just say so and it is done. Otherwise I would like an explanation)

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Then what? What have I ever said that could possibly make you suspect that my concern for the lives of innocent Israeli children was anything but sincere? Why does that "strike you as obscenely disingenuous"? What make you think I could be such a monster that I would not care about innocent children being killed?
You have not answered my questions.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
I'm shocked.
I answered one of your questions.(post 225) I think it was a good, thoughtful and compassionate answer. You responded by implying that I was some kind of hateful monster.(post 226)

So I don't think you deserve anymore answers.

But, I will confess, I don't have the solution to peace in the middle east. Is that what you want to hear? Sometimes I think I am the only one who doesn't (pretend to) have the answer.

But I suspect that bombing Palestinians is not the answer. Bombs are not going to get those hostages freed. And they are not the path to a lasting peace.

libre

Skylark
Staff member
Premium Member
How might that be accomplished?
I've given multiple answers to this question already.
By reducing the frequency of the bombing to account for Palestinian patterns of life, not using explosives that were deemed inappropriate for use in Urban environments during the war on terror and by rejecting tactics that reproduce the material conditions that lead to terrorism.

I can understand that this subject matter is quite personal and important to you, and won't hold it against you as you seem to be a thoughtful poster when you choose to be. That said, I can't help but point out that you seem to feel entitled to act discourteous and unpleasant with others who have been interacting with you in good faith and a level of respect that you do not seem to reciprocate.

I would be genuinely interested if you had any thoughts regarding the OP or the questions I posed to you on the first page, but you really haven't contributed anything so far that indicates to me that you actually read or skimmed the article.