• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gaza civilians killed at historic pace

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
You won't read this, but I'm going to post it anyway. Those who do read it might find themselves questioning who the terrorists are:

You do realize if thousands of rockets were not launched by Hamas, none of this would have ever happened.

Orbit

I'm a planet
You do realize if thousands of rockets were not launched by Hamas, none of this would have ever happened.
This didn’t start on Oct 7th. Yes, Hamas is awful, but the question that seems forbidden to ask is “what made them so awful”?

As far as I can see both sides are awful and it feels like a situation where the adults need to step in and say “it doesn’t matter who started it, it’s time to start negotiating to end it”.

Endless revenge only continues the cycle of violence and mutual hate.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
You do realize that if Israel weren't illegally occupying and stealing (through settlements) Palestianian land and homes, kidnapping and imprisoning them, mass murdering them, destroying their homes, schools, hospitals, etc., they wouldn't be firing those rockets in the first place.

Also, the irony is that is Israel drops rockets on itself. There's many videos of malfunctioning Iron Dome interceptor rockets falling back into Israel, in residential areas. Oopsie.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
You do realize that if Israel weren't illegally occupying and stealing (through settlements) Palestianian land and homes, kidnapping and imprisoning them, mass murdering them, destroying their homes, schools, hospitals, etc., they wouldn't be firing those rockets in the first place.

Also, the irony is that is Israel drops rockets on itself. There's many videos of malfunctioning Iron Dome interceptor rockets falling back into Israel, in residential areas. Oopsie.

fwiw, I started a parallel thread to discuss just these sorts of ideas. I'm genuinely curious to know what context posters are using when they make claims that are strongly opinionated (either way), concerning this conflict. And to be clear, I don't have a secret answer I'm holding back,

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
You support terrorism, then your a terrorist yourself. Expect to be treated as one.
What bs. Stop excusing murdering non-combants. Collective guilt is evil. I'm tired of old fogies talking like they're Rambo, safe in their armchair. This are real people we're talking about.

libre

Skylark
Staff member
Premium Member
It's complete fantasy to expect a military occupation to be gracefully accepted by the colonized.
If you are willing to justify continuing the occupation and bombardment by citing terrorism, you can justify basically any military occupation.

Last edited:

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
That does answer your question
Nope because solutions involve actions taken, and your posts don't contain any. So, to repeat, if your area was under assault by terrorists and missiles, how would you respond?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It's complete fantasy to expect a military occupation to be gracefully accepted by the colonized.
If you are willing to justify continuing the occupation and bombardment by citing terrorism, you can justify basically any military occupation.
Which in turn justifies violent resistance,
which will be unconventional, eg, terrorism,
which Jews employed at Israel's formation.

libre

Skylark
Staff member
Premium Member
Nope because solutions involve actions taken, and your posts don't contain any. So, to repeat, if your area was under assault by terrorists and missiles, how would you respond?
If Canada was under assault by native terrorists from a First Nation's reserve, it would be an inappropriate response to cut off the water, access to food, bomb any hospitals (if the nation was one of the very few with Hospitals) because of the actions of some native criminals.

This is because Canada denies Indigenous nations from meaningful self-government outside of self-governing agreements that consider those nations to be subject to the crown.

Similarly Canada should be expected to look after native civilians as though they were Canadian civilians, because Canada denies the native civilians their own self-determination.

I do not believe for a moment that those Israeli strategists and politicians would be accepted if they were bombing Israeli schools and hospitals that Hamas was hiding in. The civilian deaths are acceptable because they are Gazan, who are being framed as the enemy.

How should Israel respond? By stop blatantly disregarding it's obligation to target terrorists and protect the civilians.