• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gaza civilians killed at historic pace

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
They've been sending me that message too.
Apparently, what's moral or immoral is ad hoc.
OGC.17556ab6a74a1f4baea82364bfb31ccf
It's shocking the number of people who are literally willing to explicitly abandon the notion of international law or morals in order to avoid calling out a genocide.

Shocking and very telling.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
It's literally what you argued. We should ignore civilian deaths and war crimes. "There are no rules".

So, Hamas did nothing wrong. Correct?
Nope. It's not literally what I argued. Your the one thinking that for yourself.

I'm pointing out the mentality of war that exists between combatants and the people who wage it don't always have agreements on rules of conduct.

If you think people will always play by the rules or agree on codes of conduct , then your head is in the sand on the matter.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Nope. It's not literally what I argued. Your the one thinking that for yourself.
You argued that there are no rules and international law doesn't matter, and you used this argument to dismiss any accusation that Israel is committing genocide and war crimes.

Your logic explicitly exonerates terrorism.

I'm pointing out the mentality of war that exists between combatants and the people who wage it don't always have agreements on rules of conduct.
Except, as I pointed out, this is about WAR CRIMES, not just "WAR". By your logic, what Hamas did was a perfectly justified act of war, no?

If you think people will always play by the rules or agree on codes of conduct , then your head is in the sand on the matter.
The question is whether or not them "playing by the rules" is good or bad.

You seem to be of the opinion that it's totally fine for them to not play by the rules, and committing genocide and war crimes is totally okay.

So, what basis do you have to condemn Hamas? All they did was kill thousands of people - and "there are no rules". If you expect Hamas to agree on codes of conduct, then your head is in the sand on the matter.

Hamas kill over 1,000 Israeli civilians - "This is a terrible thing that demands retribution!"

Israel kill over 10,000 Gazan civilians - "Who says they need to play by the rules? What international law? War is hell."

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

You argued that there are no rules and international law doesn't matter, and you used this argument to dismiss any accusation that Israel is committing genocide and war crimes.

Your logic explicitly exonerates terrorism.

Except, as I pointed out, this is about WAR CRIMES, not just "WAR". By your logic, what Hamas did was a perfectly justified act of war, no?

The question is whether or not them "playing by the rules" is good or bad.

You seem to be of the opinion that it's totally fine for them to not play by the rules, and committing genocide and war crimes is totally okay.

So, what basis do you have to condemn Hamas?
Well for starters, who in their freaking right mind takes women and children, strap them up with explosives and have them run into crowds of people and detonating?

People who support Hamas needs an intimate visit from a spector gunship.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Well for starters, who in their freaking right mind takes women and children, strap them up with explosives and have them run into crowds of people and detonating?

People who support Hamas needs an intimate visit from a spector gunship.
What does this have to do with whether or not Israel is committing war crimes?

"Hamas are bad, therefore we should totally exonerate Israel for killing over 10,000 civilians and committing war crimes."

Totally sound reasoning.

Also, that last sentence is a perfect encapsulation of your entire, flawed, hypocritical logic. How is that statement any different than what Hamas might use to justify their atrocities, exactly?

Such a moral person, you.

Twilight Hue

What does this have to do with whether or not Israel is committing war crimes?

"Hamas are bad, therefore we should totally exonerate Israel for killing over 10,000 civilians and committing war crimes."

Totally sound reasoning.

Also, that last sentence is a perfect encapsulation of your entire, flawed, hypocritical logic. How is that statement any different than what Hamas might use to justify their atrocities, exactly?

Such a moral person, you.
About just as moral for defending acts of terrorism and having Israel just look the other way.

Am I right?

What do you think Israel should do if your such an expert?

Sit on their asses, twiddle their GD thumbs , and put their fingers to their lips and go blubbbb....lubbb...blubbb....?

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
About just as moral for defending terrorism and having Israel just look the other way.
Yeah, probably. Good thing nobody did that.

Or do you think the only alternative to "commit war crimes" is "look the other way"?

What do you think Israel should do if your such an expert?
It's not my job to determine Israel's foreign policy. It's theirs. But I would start by not committing war crimes.

Sit ntheir asses, twiddle their GD thumbs , and put their fingers to their lips and go blubbbb....lubbb...blubbb....?
Ah, yes, the only alternative to committing explicit war crimes is doing literally nothing.

I am sick and tired of people like you justifying genocide with this logic. Try engaging your critical thinking every once in a while.

Meanwhile, your logic explicitly justifies terrorism and genocide... as long as it's AGAINST Muslims, right?

"I mean, what could Hamas have done? Just allow Palestinians to be oppressed and have their lands stolen and their rights trampled on? Surely they had no choice but to commit an explicit act of terrorism and kill thousands. Obviously, there was no other choice!"

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

Yeah, probably. Good thing nobody did that.

Or do you think the only alternative to "commit war crimes" is "look the other way"?

It's not my job to determine Israel's foreign policy. It's theirs. But I would start by not committing war crimes.

Ah, yes, the only alternative to committing explicit war crimes is doing literally nothing.

I am sick and tired of people like you justifying genocide with this logic. Try engaging your critical thinking every once in a while.

Meanwhile, your logic explicitly justifies terrorism and genocide... as long as it's AGAINST Muslims, right?

"I mean, what could Hamas have done? Just allow Palestinians to be oppressed and have their lands stolen and their rights trampled on? Surely they had no choice but to commit an explicit act of terrorism and kill thousands. Obviously, there was no other choice!"
I will give you this, and that is Israel ought to be more surgical with retaliation rather than employ their eye for and eye response to each attack in equal measure.

Ukraine is doing it with Russia, and is very effective both logistically and in terms of preserving collateral human costs and inflicting maximum costs to the enemy.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I will give you this, and that is Israel ought to be more surgical with retaliation rather than employ their eye for and eye response to each attack in equal measure.

Ukraine is doing it with Russia, and is very effective both logistically and in terms of preserving collateral human costs and inflicting maximum costs to the enemy.
Look at you!
Joining the pro terrorist pro Palestinian side.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin

Whelp, a mild concession is still vastly better than what I have received in other threads from other posters, so you deserve recognition for that.

Twilight Hue

Whelp, a mild concession is still vastly better than what I have received in other threads from other posters, so you deserve recognition for that.
I watched footage of the war between Ukraine and Russia and saw how effective surgical warfare is, and hopefully Israel will adopt that strategy and effectively defeat Hamas with as little human cost as is possible in the theater of operations.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Only those Palestinians who don't hate Israel and wants to see Hamas gone out of their territory dead or alive.
Are you saying that Israel should kill Palestinians
who hate Israel, & don't oppose Hamas...even if
they've committed no crime?

Twilight Hue

Only if they are proactively engaged in logistics and or are strapping explosives to themselves. Then they are justifiably combatants.

Twilight Hue

Only if they are proactively engaged in logistics and or are strapping explosives to themselves. Then they are justifiably combatants.

Twilight Hue

You're changing your criteria to include combatants.
That wasn't what you said before.
Don't avoid my question.
It's the facts. I definitely said that before.

You support terrorism, then your a terrorist yourself. Expect to be treated as one.

Orbit

I'm a planet
It's the facts. I definitely said that before.

You support terrorism, then your a terrorist yourself. Expect to be treated as one.
You won't read this, but I'm going to post it anyway. Those who do read it might find themselves questioning who the terrorists are: