• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Genesis,where did the other Guys come from

Jacksnyte

Reverend
so Adam traveled the globe, went to every continent, and named ALL the birds of the air, and the beasts of the field? Quite a feat, and QUITE a LONG walk!!!

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Not whatever you want. The point is the answer is not something easy to find. You have to put the time and effort into finding the answers. This is the whole point, those who actually put the time and effort into seeking will find the truth.

I think the point is truth should be blindingly apparent and not open to conjecture

Do you know how many atheists have told me they are former christians and they did everything they could to be a good christian and then one day they realized the bible was false. Those same atheists when pressed about what is false can not even quote scripture correctly.

Maybe they don't,the Bible is a collection of Books of faith so looking for facts in them is a waste of time IMO,faith though has its benefits

Just recently i had an atheist tell me they knew the bible was false because there is no way adam could have named all the animals because how could adam name all the microorganisms if he didnt have a microscope and how could he name all the fish in the ocean without a submarine. When i asked where in the bible it says adam named all the microorganisms and all the fish, he told me its in gen 2, that adam named ALL the animals and he acted like i was a moron for not knowing this. Of course i laughed because it says no such thing in gen 2. It says adam named the fowl of the air and the beasts of the field.

What proof do we have that he did name the "fowl of the air and the beasts of the field",what proof do we have that there was even an Adam

This just one example of literally hundreds in my lifetime. These atheists are trying to convince me they did everything they could possibly do to do the fathers will and be of the father. Yet the example i gave shows most of these atheists didnt even read the first 2 chapters of the bible correctly. Like i said seek and you shall find. If you dont make the effort to find the truth, there is nothing i can do to find it for you.

From a book of faith different people glean from it what they will IMO,i read the Bible,i think its a great book or set of books,for me its a view of a distant culture from the past much like the Qur'an is.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
so Adam traveled the globe, went to every continent, and named ALL the birds of the air, and the beasts of the field? Quite a feat, and QUITE a LONG walk!!!

the bible doesnt actually say Adam named ALL of the animals

it says that God brought animals to the man, in the garden, and he named 'those' animals.

iholdit

both factual and legendary

a starting point for various founding myths of national origins.

a myth can be based on a true geographical location

This is misdirection on your part. My argument has been that people once thought the city of troy was only a myth and now we not it is an actual place. This means that it is possible other places, people etc. that people now think of as myths may one day be found to be actual places, people etc.

You are forgetting my earlier post which shows that there are events, people, places etc. in the bible, that there is historical evidence for and is corroborated by writings from other cultures and both those cultures and the bible wrote about those people, places, events etc. at right about the time they would have happen.

This means for you to argue that none of the bible is literal, you have to argue that the bible and other cultures wrote almost the exact same myths about real people, places, events etc. all at around the same time thise people, places, events etc. existed. It is more realistic to believe these were based on actual historical people, places, events etc. Which is why most historians believe that after the time of king solomon the bible is probably historical fact.

outhouse

Atheistically
This is misdirection on your part.

no these are facts posted at wiki.

My argument has been that people once thought the city of troy was only a myth and now we not it is an actual place. This means that it is possible other places, people etc. that people now think of as myths may one day be found to be actual places, people etc

look bud i know what you are trying to say.

I have been telling you if you know real history and understand the origins of storys in the bible and in greek mythology allot are based on places or events with mythical folklore built around these places pr events.

a event happens, then the story is told and then added to. This is not just common it is how mopst everything was written down back then.

an example would be if they found the graden of eden, this would not prove that adam and eve were there or that there was a talking snake,,,,, or that all of genesis is factual

outhouse

Atheistically
Which is why most historians believe that after the time of king solomon the bible is probably historical fact.

incorrect to a certain degree. All any historian can say for certain is that there might have been a king solomon.

we know there are lies in the bible about this figure and that most of it is mythology.

The mines are not gold, but they have found copper mines and a smelting factory in ruin that dates to that time

he did not have 1000 wives and whores as the whol region at that time didnt have that many people.

the storys are mythological in nature based around a few facts. some events are not fact we know this for certain.

iholdit

From a book of faith different people glean from it what they will IMO,i read the Bible,i think its a great book or set of books,for me its a view of a distant culture from the past much like the Qur'an is.

I have no problem with you thinking of scripture this way. Its when people say they "tried christianity" and they know scripture and then misquote it, that shows they didnt try hard enough.

outhouse

Atheistically
In response to the op.

There are 2 seperate an independant creations of "man and woman" described in the bible. One is in gen 1:26 and one begins with the creation of adam in gen 2:7.

Man and woman existed before adam and eve and as seen by the sequence of creation, there was a seperate and independant creation during the time of adam.

The previous men and women would have been the people cain was afraid of killing him. A previous woman would have been who cain married etc.

this is only your opinion and you should have stated such no you are blatantly proselytizing which is against forum rules.

the facts you do not know is that the redactor edited two different books into genesis.

there are 5 different authors or groups attributed to genesis.

please quit with your blind opinion

iholdit

Probably the same handful of animals that climbed on that boat a few years later! ;)

I guess you dont believe in evolutionary theory? For example evolutionary theory says all dogs descended from a wolf. Which means adam wouldnt have had to name hundreds of different dogs, he would have only had to name a wolf. If we apply this to many creatures adam wouldnt have had to do much naming. Plus as pegg said these were only the local birds and beasts of the field that were created during the time of adam that he named and not all the previous birds and beasts of the field that would have existed.

iholdit

incorrect to a certain degree. All any historian can say for certain is that there might have been a king solomon.

we know there are lies in the bible about this figure and that most of it is mythology.

The mines are not gold, but they have found copper mines and a smelting factory in ruin that dates to that time

he did not have 1000 wives and whores as the whol region at that time didnt have that many people.

the storys are mythological in nature based around a few facts. some events are not fact we know this for certain.

Lmao!!! Read what i wrote please. "AFTER the time of king solomon." Do you know what after means?

outhouse

Atheistically
Lmao!!! Read what i wrote please. "AFTER the time of king solomon." Do you know what after means?

I was giving you a example

the bible is not historically accurate after king solomon

you need to back your opinion with facts , you know links ect.

so far your seem like a lost creationist with no knowledge of history at all.

iholdit

this is only your opinion and you should have stated such no you are blatantly proselytizing which is against forum rules.

the facts you do not know is that the redactor edited two different books into genesis.

there are 5 different authors or groups attributed to genesis.

please quit with your blind opinion

It is only your opinion that people havent lived past around 120 years old, yet you said you know for a fact that nobody has ever lived past around 120 years old. This is your opinion and not a fact. You did not know every person who ever existed to say you know for a fact that nobody lived this long.

I can easily give a dozen examples of you saying you know for a fact, about something that is just your opinion. Just like you saying it is a fact that that 2 books were edited into genesis. That is not a fact, it may be some scholars opinion but it is not a fact.

Nowhere in my post did i state that it was a fact. However you have stated dozens of times that your opinion is a fact. You are attempting to accuse me of violating forum rules because you have been embarrased by me constantly correcting you. Perhaps you should remove the wooden beam from your own eye before trying to remove my splinter.

I have never tried to convert anyone to my religion ever in my life. In fact if you read my response just a few posts ago i said something like, seek and you shall find, if you dont look for the truth yourself then there is nothing i can do to help you find it. Its not my job to convert you or anyone else, if you or anyone else wants to be converted you have to do it yourself.

Lmao!!! If i tell people a building is on fire, you would accuse me of trying to convert people to the avoid getting burned to death religion. This is just getting ridiculous now!

iholdit

I was giving you a example

the bible is not historically accurate after king solomon

you need to back your opinion with facts , you know links ect.

so far your seem like a lost creationist with no knowledge of history at all.

You were giving me an example that happened during the time of solomon and not after, so you clearly dont know what after means.

So far you sound like an atheist with no knowledge of history at all. I already posted a link in this thread that supports what i said. Im not going to keep repeating myself to you. If you have a bad memory you should let me know because otherwise it just seems like you are purposely making repeat myself so you can gather some new information while i do so. Im not playing this game with you. Unless you have a real memory issue, im just going to tell you to reread the thread and not waste my time repeating my posts.

Last edited:

outhouse

Atheistically
the creation myth was outlawed from public schools for a reason. we dont teach myths to children.

now the children are learning evolution and your kind is on its way out