• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Genesis,where did the other Guys come from

iholdit

not only is your statement ignorant its childish as well.

YEC :facepalm:

Lmao!!! Its not childish its a fact that you werent there. Yet you claim you know for a fact which means you must have been there. This is real basic logic here. Who said anything about a young earth? Lol. The only argument you have is to try to change the subject and accuse me of saying things i never said. Now your argument is childish.

Jacksnyte

Reverend
I guess you dont believe in evolutionary theory? For example evolutionary theory says all dogs descended from a wolf. Which means adam wouldnt have had to name hundreds of different dogs, he would have only had to name a wolf. If we apply this to many creatures adam wouldnt have had to do much naming. Plus as pegg said these were only the local birds and beasts of the field that were created during the time of adam that he named and not all the previous birds and beasts of the field that would have existed.

Obviously you don't understand evolutionary theory! If you think that all canines came from one wolf, then you need to go back and read some more about evolution!

iholdit

Obviously you don't understand evolutionary theory! If you think that all canines came from one wolf, then you need to go back and read some more about evolution!

Lmao!!! Who said anything about there only being one wolf? Obviously you dont understand scripture if think adam named every individual member of the same species something different. He named all of the wolves,"wolves".

Jacksnyte

Reverend
Lmao!!! Who said anything about there only being one wolf? Obviously you dont understand scripture if think adam named every individual member of the same species something different. He named all of the wolves,"wolves".

So Adam spoke English?!?:facepalm:

iholdit

the creation myth was outlawed from public schools for a reason. we dont teach myths to children.

now the children are learning evolution and your kind is on its way out

Lmao!!! Who said anything about evolution? You are just trying to change the subject.

Religion was outlawed in public schools outside of religion classes. It had nothing to do with it being a myth it had to do with it being a religion and seperation of church and state. Are aesops fables outlawed in school? Lmao!!!

iholdit

So Adam spoke English?!?:facepalm:

Is this seriously your response? I already stated in an earlier post that we dont even know exactly what language adam spoke. My point was that he gave every group of animals one name he didnt name every individual animal something different.

waitasec

Veteran Member
Is this seriously your response? I already stated in an earlier post that we dont even know exactly what language adam spoke. My point was that he gave every group of animals one name he didnt name every individual animal something different.

did he name the penguins, polar bears and the kuala bears...
or any marsupials for that matter?
:rolleyes:

seems like you KNOW what happened, so why hasn't any fossils of these animals ever been found in this region... hmmm.
wonder if he named the brontosaurus or the t-rex too?

LMAO
:biglaugh:

Jacksnyte

Reverend
I wonder how Neanderthals,Sapiens,Erectus and Floresensis fit into Genesis and of course the not so small issue of the Dinosaurs.
Oh! didn't you hear? Adam named those too! But he smoked some pot and forgot about them on around the 18th ...or 23rd day...Well, he was pretty wasted! :cool:

Last edited:

outhouse

Atheistically
I wonder how Neanderthals,Sapiens,Erectus and Floresensis fit into Genesis and of course the not so small issue of the Dinosaurs.

since all the believers have is imagination, it doesnt matter. They will imagine up more excuses so they can rationalize the nonsense. Helps to preserve there sanity.

:facepalm: now we will hear the cries of a creationist "you have no faith" LOL :facepalm:

Thief

Rogue Theologian
since all the believers have is imagination, it doesnt matter. They will imagine up more excuses so they can rationalize the nonsense. Helps to preserve there sanity.

:facepalm: now we will hear the cries of a creationist "you have no faith" LOL :facepalm:

Along with the stubborn...prove it.... prove it..... prove it....

from godless non-believers who can't rationalize.... because they have not imagination.

outhouse

Atheistically
#1 Now,, can you argue that man has not been creating man and women gods and spirits for the last 200,000 years???

#2 Can you show me a remote tribe who does not have made up spirits or gods in any part of the world???

#3 Can you show me any parallels in these remote tribes that would indicate that there god is also your god talking to them in the local language and thus the god figure is sharing the same information with all people????

#4 Can you show me that your hebrew god figure does not have any simularity's with previous pagan religions such as sumerians and egpytions???

#5 The ancient hebrews put more importance on male's then females, does this show in their early writings regarding the creation of the god figure as a male????

#6 Do you think all other gods and spirits are made up by the local people of that particular geographic region?

iholdit

did he name the penguins, polar bears and the kuala bears...
or any marsupials for that matter?
:rolleyes:

seems like you KNOW what happened, so why hasn't any fossils of these animals ever been found in this region... hmmm.
wonder if he named the brontosaurus or the t-rex too?

LMAO
:biglaugh:

Lmao!!! It does help if you read all the posts in a thread before responding. It was already stated in this thread that adam named the fowl of the air and beast of the field that were created in his area.

Adam would not have named the animals that existed before he did. If you look at the verse it tells you that adam only named the birds of the air and beasts of the field that were created after he was created.

iholdit

I believe this has already been dealt with in this thread. Gen 1:26 is the creation of early man which would likely include neanderthals and possibly others. Gen 2:7 is the creation of later man which is where sapiens come in.

Dinosaurs would be included in gen 1.

outhouse

Atheistically
Lmao!!! It does help if you read all the posts in a thread before responding. It was already stated in this thread that adam named the fowl of the air and beast of the field that were created in his area.

Adam would not have named the animals that existed before he did. If you look at the verse it tells you that adam only named the birds of the air and beasts of the field that were created after he was created.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

the story is a myth and has never been a literal fable.

no animals were created in his area this is a fact as gravity, all animals on this planet evolved. This is not up for debate.

You cannot use the bible as a history book, it was not written to be used that way.

outhouse

Atheistically
#1 Now,, can you argue that man has not been creating man and women gods and spirits for the last 200,000 years???

#2 Can you show me a remote tribe who does not have made up spirits or gods in any part of the world???

#3 Can you show me any parallels in these remote tribes that would indicate that there god is also your god talking to them in the local language and thus the god figure is sharing the same information with all people????

#4 Can you show me that your hebrew god figure does not have any simularity's with previous pagan religions such as sumerians and egpytions???

#5 The ancient hebrews put more importance on male's then females, does this show in their early writings regarding the creation of the god figure as a male????

#6 Do you think all other gods and spirits are made up by the local people of that particular geographic region?

iholdit

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

the story is a myth and has never been a literal fable.

no animals were created in his area this is a fact as gravity, all animals on this planet evolved. This is not up for debate.

You cannot use the bible as a history book, it was not written to be used that way.

Lmao!!! New dog breeds are "created" all the time, along with new plant breeds etc. You arguing no animals were created in that area only shows you have no idea what you are talking about!

iholdit

Lmao!! What does repeating posts do except make me think you are a spambot?

Your argument is that all cultures believe in some form of a spirit, like the great spirit(native american), god is a spirit and the holy spirit(judaism,christian,islam), the tao is a spirit(chinese) etc. So because most cultures have had similar experiences with a spirit or god that makes all of them false, are you serious?

If anything it makes a spirit or god more believable because there have been so many witnesses. You know witnesses, like the witnesses that make you believe bigfoot exists.