• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God

Judgment

Gnomon: Does a mentally retarded human being create their own reality?
And if they do, is it due to a conscious choice?
If not, then is reality truly being created by unconscious choices?
If the answer to the last question is yes, then is the reality being created nothing more than an interpretation of reality? For if created reality is nothing more than an interpretation is not truly a created morality?

Yes. If we create our own reality - that means the good the bad the happy the sad. I hate to get in to this territory because people that have suffered or that are suffering will scream out "I DID NOT WANT TO SUFFER"! but - your path has been chosen by you. You are never at the mercy of outside forces.
We are here to learn and grow as spiritual beings - but - Our conscious mind has taught itself to block out inner knowledge - that very inner knowledge is our very spirit - and our spirit can indeed 'help' but we are not listening. The suffering need not be.
Interpretation of reality? Everyone's interpretation of reality is unique.

Judgment

Zenzero: If Satan is a choice then god too is; as without satan, god is not.

You are speaking of the Christian God. The God I speak of includes the Christian God, includes Satan.. Heaven and Hell - there is nothing outside. But.. these things are like specks of dust. For my atheist friends - the words 'All That Is' could simply replace the word God.
I truly enjoy the great diversity... of different religions or (non-religion like I speak of).. or the thoughts of Atheists and agnostics - because - the 'truth' is a combination of 'EVERYTHING'.

Judgment

Comicaze247: To simplify, I just call it the Divine, but I agree with you completely
I believe everything, from rocks and the trees, to humans and animals, planets and stars, and even to spirits and gods, all stems from the Divine. They are all manifestations of it, all part of it.

Divine works for me : )

Judgment

S Word: And the God you speak of sends his blessing on the righteous and the wicked alike.

This God just 'Is' - Blessings are upon all of existence. Be wary of the blessings of some... Allah and Yahweh are like two spoiled children.

Beaudreaux

There are no contradictions to explain away.

Look, I don't want to sound like a third grader here, but "are too!" Take a look.
We have chosen to experience Time.
That sentence has inherent contradictions. You can't just say there are none, when they are clearly there. A choice cannot happen outside of time. You cannot enact your will to move from one state to another (a.k.a. "Make a choice) without time being involved because time is what seprates the two states.

challupa

Judgment first welcome to RF. I was wondering if you might share the sources of your beliefs. What authors and books helped you define what god means to you? Thanks

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
I believe.... God is bigger than most religions realize & there is only one true God. God is every Atom & Molecule & Quark, God is your PC and the desk it sits on, God is Me & You, God is all of our thoughts, God is every Heaven & Hell... every religion, God is the Trees & Rocks & Oceans, God is the Earth & Solar System, God is the Galaxy & Universe - every Universe and every dream, God is - All That Is. Debate anyone?

O.K., why don't you just call it the universe then?

Judgment

Beaudreaux: That sentence has inherent contradictions. You can't just say there are none, when they are clearly there. A choice cannot happen outside of time. You cannot enact your will to move from one state to another (a.k.a. "Make a choice) without time being involved because time is what seprates the two states.
Any contradictions you see reside in your mind. You are unable to comprehend an existence that has no relation to time. You think that we must first exist in time in order 'to choose' to experience time. This is no slight against you - it is I who have failed to explain it in a way that it is understandable. And.. just maybe.. these are only the rambling thoughts of an irrational mind - so - waste little time on me.

Judgment

Challupa: Judgment first welcome to RF. I was wondering if you might share the sources of your beliefs. What authors and books helped you define what god means to you? Thanks
Hi Challupa.. thank ya kindly for the welcome... There are no specific authors or specific books. My beliefs come from watching and learning as my 41 years have gone by. My belief system is a combination of 'everything' I have read and watched - my conclusions to what I feel are true... Along with consistent deep meditation and experimentation with lucid dreams. With this I have discovered the answers are inside us all - All answers to our questions are given in our dreams. When we dream we travel to worlds 'as real' as the one in our waking life. If you really want to know an answer - ask the question before you sleep. You will always be given the answer - you may not remember the answer right when you wake - it may come to you later as intuition or a 'light bulb' moment - BUT - if you really want to know an answer to any question.. the information is there for you.

Judgment

Autodidact: O.K., why don't you just call it the universe then?
It would not be entirely correct.... because what I speak of would not just be the Universe - but - every Universe... and so much more. If you do not like the word 'God'.. then another member suggested Existence.

Bishadi

Yes - in the dream world our counciousness is free to roam. Since we are all connected communication between different parties is possible - I have not been able to acheive it - at least knowingly.
basically you believe it occurs but haven't been there.

Fair

There is an inner knowledge and understanding that we all share.
i disagree as the knowledge is learned and understanding is being consciously aware of the comprhension. To feel something, or experience something, whether 'spiritually' of even to walk down an unfamiliar street, if you cannot comprehend the experience, you are short of the knowledge to understand it.

The 'Truth' is a combination of 'Everything'.
makes sense in more ways than one

Above my intelligence : )
you mean your learned material knowledge

but in reality your practically 'there' already

perhaps a few more tools and you could be walkin' on water

not going to say anything else because in these few posts you share, you have done more for these folks here, than anyone else i ever saw on this board; :clap

your driving; if you need any assistence on directions.... i will open up the tool box and see if i can hand you what you need........

otherwise, i bow to any who shares good :yes:

Last edited:

Judgment

Hi Bishadi... thank you very much for your kind words my friend - and thank you for sharing - my mind is much sharper for our discussion. I'm out for a few days so I'll respond a little later on down the road.....

Enjoy your wekend!

challupa

Hi Challupa.. thank ya kindly for the welcome... There are no specific authors or specific books. My beliefs come from watching and learning as my 41 years have gone by. My belief system is a combination of 'everything' I have read and watched - my conclusions to what I feel are true... Along with consistent deep meditation and experimentation with lucid dreams. With this I have discovered the answers are inside us all - All answers to our questions are given in our dreams. When we dream we travel to worlds 'as real' as the one in our waking life. If you really want to know an answer - ask the question before you sleep. You will always be given the answer - you may not remember the answer right when you wake - it may come to you later as intuition or a 'light bulb' moment - BUT - if you really want to know an answer to any question.. the information is there for you.
Oh I see. Okay, I just thought it might be helpful to read some things that had influenced you in order to understand better what you were saying. Thanks for the answer.

Runewolf1973

Materialism/Animism
It is an understanding that is far beyond any written words. It does not require words to be understood. It is so simple that anything that exists can be part of it. Even something that does not understand it is still a part of it and has a place within it. Yes, it does not even need to be understood, just simply existing is to "know" and be at One with "God" or Existence. No need to get to heaven to be with "God", for ALL that exists IS GOD. But don't need to necessarily call it that. To call it anything would be accurate I guess. I'm going to go have a cup of God, I mean coffee now.:D ....God's a little bitter sometimes.

Judgement, if you have the chance to read any of my earlier posts back when I first joined this forum, you will see that my beliefs are almost identical to yours. Thing is too, it is almost a scientific way of "believing", for everything that exists is energy in one form or another. It can neither be created nor destroyed, only change form. All energy is "animate" and vibrational. This is why I consider myself an Animist, for Existence is Animate. The vibrational energy which is in all things is what I consider to be "anima" or "spirit". Everything has "spirit", even a rock or a tree. I worship Existence. It is very good to find someone else who "understands" things similarly the way I do. Thank you for adding me to your friends list.:)

Last edited:

gnomon

Yes. If we create our own reality - that means the good the bad the happy the sad. I hate to get in to this territory because people that have suffered or that are suffering will scream out "I DID NOT WANT TO SUFFER"! but - your path has been chosen by you. You are never at the mercy of outside forces.
We are here to learn and grow as spiritual beings - but - Our conscious mind has taught itself to block out inner knowledge - that very inner knowledge is our very spirit - and our spirit can indeed 'help' but we are not listening. The suffering need not be.
Interpretation of reality? Everyone's interpretation of reality is unique.

That's a rather arrogant claim to be made by individuals in this life who do not suffer from such mental handicaps.

Interpretation of reality and the concept that we create reality are two completely different concepts.

edit: Understand. I do not mean arrogant as an offense. It's just that when one wishes to build a world model in regards to humanity you must be able to take into all known aspects of humanity. Thus, for a child born with a condition such as harlequin type ichtyosis which was an inveritably fatal disease prior to medical advances that they "create their own reality" is rather absurd.

Last edited:

Judgment

Bishadi: i disagree as the knowledge is learned and understanding is being consciously aware of the comprhension. To feel something, or experience something, whether 'spiritually' of even to walk down an unfamiliar street, if you cannot comprehend the experience, you are short of the knowledge to understand it.

Agree.

However - I am thinking outside the corporeal.....

If 'Everything' is happening 'Now' and time is truly an illusion - then we have access to inner information from our entire lifetime.. other lifetimes - past and future....

And since everything is energy and connected... that inner information and knowledge is infinite...

So.. we have the capability to look beyond the illusion and glimpse God the Truth and Enlightenment.

Bishadi: your driving; if you need any assistence on directions.... i will open up the tool box and see if i can hand you what you need........

Put your seatbelt on - the ride gets bumpy from here. You are the hammer - and - have already hit the nail on the head.

Judgment

Challupa: Oh I see. Okay, I just thought it might be helpful to read some things that had influenced you in order to understand better what you were saying. Thanks for the answer.
I also experimented with chemicals to glimpse the illusionary nature of our reality - only a few times - the last being over a decade ago. When I was 25 years old I read an article on LSD in a scientific magazine (Don't recall which one). The article stated that users often experienced a oneness with God. Skeptical of course BUT Curious - I tracked some down for an experiment. The walls that are firmly set up in our mind came crashing down. Colors became sound and sound became colors. Chemically induced insanity ensued...I could not control my thoughts... could not move... a oneness with everything transpired. I stared at one of my painting's on the wall 'Time Of Illumination' . The painting has many colors - each color - one at a time - glowed bright as if lit from behind. As one color 'turned off' another would 'turn on' every few seconds. The painting has an A to Z poem I created on it - as the colors flicked on and off the poem changed into different languages before my eyes - languages that I did not know - over and over... as if being spelled out before me. I stared at the painting for a good 45 minutes and it did this the entire time. A profound life-changing experience. I had never imagined that perception of reality could be altered so much.

Judgment

Runewolf1973: It is an understanding that is far beyond any written words. It does not require words to be understood. It is so simple that anything that exists can be part of it. Even something that does not understand it is still a part of it and has a place within it. Yes, it does not even need to be understood, just simply existing is to "know" and be at One with "God" or Existence. No need to get to heaven to be with "God", for ALL that exists IS GOD. But don't need to necessarily call it that. To call it anything would be accurate I guess. I'm going to go have a cup of God, I mean coffee now.:D ....God's a little bitter sometimes.

Judgement, if you have the chance to read any of my earlier posts back when I first joined this forum, you will see that my beliefs are almost identical to yours. Thing is too, it is almost a scientific way of "believing", for everything that exists is energy in one form or another. It can neither be created nor destroyed, only change form. All energy is "animate" and vibrational. This is why I consider myself an Animist, for Existence is Animate. The vibrational energy which is in all things is what I consider to be "anima" or "spirit". Everything has "spirit", even a rock or a tree. I worship Existence. It is very good to find someone else who "understands" things similarly the way I do. Thank you for adding me to your friends list.:)
Agree. And yes - very cool to share the same Understanding with others...When I get a chance I'll read more of your posts.

Judgment

That's a rather arrogant claim to be made by individuals in this life who do not suffer from such mental handicaps.

Interpretation of reality and the concept that we create reality are two completely different concepts.

edit: Understand. I do not mean arrogant as an offense. It's just that when one wishes to build a world model in regards to humanity you must be able to take into all known aspects of humanity. Thus, for a child born with a condition such as harlequin type ichtyosis which was an inveritably fatal disease prior to medical advances that they "create their own reality" is rather absurd.

You do not know what mental handicaps I may suffer or have suffered from.

Post #39 - We are not here to cry about the miseries of the human condition - BUT - to 'change' them to be more to our liking. The human race has taught the conscious mind to accept only data coming from the outside world... and has set up walls against inner knowledge. We are the spirit made flesh - but - the spirit 'is' that very inner knowledge and understanding that has been blocked out. The flesh creates it's reality with it's beliefs... the spirit helps bring about this reality in the outside world... the spirit knows the outcome of these beliefs and can indeed 'help' - but - the human race has largely cut itself off from this inner knowledge. If this knowledge was available to more - then many of the atrocities you see in the world today would not occur.

Every Ailment I receive I know I have created. In the case of people born handicapped or with illness some may say "They were not born yet, How could they possibly choose their life beforehand?" Because they were not born yet does not mean that they did not already exist. Their spirit chose to experience - to learn and grow - to help others learn and grow. They know that it's all over in the blink of the eye.