• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God

Bishadi

Agree.

However - I am thinking outside the corporeal.....

If 'Everything' is happening 'Now' and time is truly an illusion - then we have access to inner information from our entire lifetime.. other lifetimes - past and future....
So within, (the conscious experience) we can be aware of existence within but in oder to bring the 'experience' to the corporeal (describe it) then words (math) are the 'learned' tool allowing the 'truth' to be conveyed.

And since everything is energy and connected... that inner information and knowledge is infinite...
Awareness can be infinite, but the knowledge to convey are furnished with words. such as every person experiences hunger when born, but another puts the the boob to your lips.

So.. we have the capability to look beyond the illusion and glimpse God the Truth and Enlightenment.
as monks have been suggesting for 1000's of years........ any can experience the truth (remove the self)

but few could convey since the words (tools) had not been coined......

ie... Darwin did not coin evolution, he just help us understand what it is. (a description of a process)

I will bet them monks experienced evolution, but how to define it is another story, as even NOW within the sciences, they cannot define evolution mathematically. (just yet, that is)

Put your seatbelt on - the ride gets bumpy from here. You are the hammer - and - have already hit the nail on the head.
just a servant committing 'self' for tomorrow....

a rock, the bird and now you have lessons to give.......... i am evolving within the environment

thanks for the sunshine!

Judgment

Bishadi: So within, (the conscious experience) we can be aware of existence within but in oder to bring the 'experience' to the corporeal (describe it) then words (math) are the 'learned' tool allowing the 'truth' to be conveyed.
Agree.

Bishadi: Awareness can be infinite, but the knowledge to convey are furnished with words. such as every person experiences hunger when born, but another puts the the boob to your lips.
Agree. If the information is accessed and one could not speak or see - there would be no way to describe what was experienced. But - such a person would still 'understand' what was learned - even if they had no language to explain it. There is a deeper understanding where words fall away. And because the information is infinite - an understanding where all languages are just known while there.

Bishadi: as monks have been suggesting for 1000's of years........ any can experience the truth (remove the self)

but few could convey since the words (tools) had not been coined......
ie... Darwin did not coin evolution, he just help us understand what it is. (a description of a process)
I will bet them monks experienced evolution, but how to define it is another story, as even NOW within the sciences, they cannot define evolution mathematically. (just yet, that is)
Just yet indeed - I believe existence in general can eventually be defined mathematically... the Univeral language of existence itself.

Bishadi

because brother, we are ONE

Agree. If the information is accessed and one could not speak or see - there would be no way to describe what was experienced. But - such a person would still 'understand' what was learned - even if they had no language to explain it. There is a deeper understanding where words fall away. And because the information is infinite - an understanding where all languages are just known while there.
and why when you read truth, you know it on the first pass

Just yet indeed - I believe existence in general can eventually be defined mathematically... the Univeral language of existence itself.

and if a man was walkin around capable of sharing the 'name' ........... who would that person be to existance?

:yes:

Peace

gnomon

You do not know what mental handicaps I may suffer or have suffered from.

Post #39 - We are not here to cry about the miseries of the human condition - BUT - to 'change' them to be more to our liking. The human race has taught the conscious mind to accept only data coming from the outside world... and has set up walls against inner knowledge. We are the spirit made flesh - but - the spirit 'is' that very inner knowledge and understanding that has been blocked out. The flesh creates it's reality with it's beliefs... the spirit helps bring about this reality in the outside world... the spirit knows the outcome of these beliefs and can indeed 'help' - but - the human race has largely cut itself off from this inner knowledge. If this knowledge was available to more - then many of the atrocities you see in the world today would not occur.

Every Ailment I receive I know I have created. In the case of people born handicapped or with illness some may say "They were not born yet, How could they possibly choose their life beforehand?" Because they were not born yet does not mean that they did not already exist. Their spirit chose to experience - to learn and grow - to help others learn and grow. They know that it's all over in the blink of the eye.

So children born with debilitating conditions chose to be born that way. Given that an entity would choose such a horrible state then it must be logical to conclude that an entity would choose to commit atrocities in the coming lives....invalidating your whole point.

I do know your mental handicap.

It's your faith.

Judgment

Bishadi: and why when you read truth, you know it on the first pass

The simplistic answer is you just 'know'. Everything makes sense. And in the end it could be nothing but the truth.. for the truth is a combination of everything.

Bishadi: and if a man was walkin around capable of sharing the 'name' ........... who would that person be to existance?
A teacher - not just for people - but for all of existence.
May the rain fall down upon us from the heavens ... and cleanse our souls for the ride... for the journey appears to be a long one... even if it is all over in the blink of the eye .

Judgment

Gnomom: So children born with debilitating conditions chose to be born that way. Given that an entity would choose such a horrible state then it must be logical to conclude that an entity would choose to commit atrocities in the coming lives....invalidating your whole point.
There is nothing logical in your assessment. If a spirit chose to experience existence in such a state - why - would you conclude that the entity would choose to commit atrocities in the coming lives ?
Gnomom: I do know your mental handicap.
It's your faith.
Now you belittle - Good - I will test your resolve.

Judgment

Just some thoughts on Our Friend Jesus.....

I believe the majority of the Jewish people are correct – Jesus was not the ‘Savior’ not the ‘Prophet’ they were waiting for – Jesus was not – is not, Yahweh..

THIS IS YAHWEH!!
"I will punish the Amalekites for what they did to Israel when they waylaid them as they came up from Egypt. Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy everything that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys. (1st Sam 15:2-3)"

Jesus Christ… Would utter no such 'nonsense'.. for it would go against all of his teachings. I believe that Jesus was something entirely different – A partial manifestation of God.. that while on this plane of existence had the same frailties that all human beings possess – BUT – 'not' the God in the OT.

If Christians believe that Jesus is the God of the OT – Yahweh – then they must also believe that at one time Jesus thought it OK to brutally kill one another for working the Sabbath or being disrespectful to their parents – I reject this belief outright.. for if this was in fact Jesus.. then he brought no enlightenment.. regardless of what came later.

Judgment

As most are well aware – Jesus wrote nothing. Jesus is the foundation for Christianity – but – others added what they wanted and may have even misconstrued some of his very words. This book is part of the Truth – but not THE ENTIRE TRUTH.

Of Course, Other men created the religion of 'Christianity' and added whatever information they believed to be beneficial. BUT - the 'religion' was already started as Jesus roamed the land... His Teachings spread about and moved beyond the OT. In fact - Jesus was saying something entirely new - and should have no connection to the OT. The original listeners were the first to hear this 'new religion'... of course it was not called 'Christianity' and all 'of the pieces' of the faith were not in place - but - the religion had it's beginnings with his teachings. In any case - everyone needs to look inside more for the answers and not put 'all' of your trust in the written word - because of those very fallible prophets. In my search I went to the very foundation, the very beginning, the very teachings of the prophet, the very footprints of Jesus Christ - THIS - is the 'true spirit' of the religion... before too many cooks spoiled the broth.

Many would argue that the miracles the NT says he performed mean everything. I would argue that the miracles mean nothing. The words are the true Miracles.

crystalonyx

I believe.... God is bigger than most religions realize & there is only one true God. God is every Atom & Molecule & Quark, God is your PC and the desk it sits on, God is Me & You, God is all of our thoughts, God is every Heaven & Hell... every religion, God is the Trees & Rocks & Oceans, God is the Earth & Solar System, God is the Galaxy & Universe - every Universe and every dream, God is - All That Is. Debate anyone?

If god is everything, then god is nothing.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
How do you know? Can you even conceive the size of the cosmos, much less what might lie beyond its borders?
Can the size of the cosmos, much less what lies beyond its borders, be bigger than you can conceive?

Keep in mind that you've conceived that.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
God is perfect - meaning God is 'complete' - there is nothing outside. Everything, if seperated - people, religions, planets all have flaws that can be seen and studied. BUT.. God is a combination of all that exists. Everything together as one.... the flaws disappear.
Aren't the flaws also a part of everything, and so a part of what goes together?

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
If God is everything - how could God be nothing ?

Well, as we allready have a word for everything, one could say it's nothing more than a replacement of words giving it no more meaning... Not really nothing, but pretty close to it..

BTW, if God is everything, I think there are a lot less atheists than we think. Because most atheists tend to believe in "everything".

Judgment

Willamena: Aren't the flaws also a part of everything, and so a part of what goes together?
Of course - there is nothing outside. The perfection comes from everything being together as one.

Willamena: That's why. Everyone who knows what he knows knows everything they need to know.
No - there is always learning to be done.

Judgment

Beaudreaux: I believe he means that saying "God is everything" takes away any special meaning from the term "God".
It takes away the meaning of how people perceive God. The perception most have is of a very small God.

There is only ‘one way’ according to many holy books – and unfortunately, once one becomes a follower of such dogma, that dogma becomes part of them, and when they hear something, anything that does not match with that belief system they will only say – That is wrong! My Way is the only Way! – My Truth is the only Truth! – My God is the only God!