• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God

Judgment

Beaudreaux: Omnipotent...Omniscient....Omnipresent.....very small
[Sesame stree music] One of these things is not like the others. One of these things just doesn't belong.
I do not know of any religions that have a tiny conception of God.

Of course not - their God's are large in their eyes - but - small in terms of the God I speak of. Yahweh & Allah exist outside of the human race - they have realms of existence that are outside of themselves. The God I speak of includes these God's, includes Heaven & Hell - includes everything - the size is infinite. These Gods are only ‘part’ of the God I speak of. The Jewish God exists outside of the known Universe – The Christian God is the Jewish God. The God I speak of.. there is nothing outside.

Beaudreaux: Do you believe your view of God is correct?
Of course. That does not mean that other Gods are not correct. However - Other God's are easy to defeat -Yahweh & Allah... the two that speak as spoiled rotten angry children - I challenge them to a game of reason.For, theirs is the realm of self righteous glory and theirs is the realm of the horrific story.
Behold the glory! Behold the story!

Yahweh, The OT states that you should not work the Sabbath...and - your male or female 'slave' should also not do any work ?? You did not think slavery to be wrong?

Yahweh, The OT states that working the Sabbath or being disrespectful to ones parents are crimes that require a punishment of 'Death'... If you would have told me that this is the word of God and I must obey - I would have told you to F Off!

Yahweh and Allah, The OT and the Koran state that Adulterer's should be stoned to 'Death'... I shake my head in disbelief.

Allah, the Koran states " 'Kill' 'Unbelievers' wherever you find them"... Even if this was said only at a time of war.. and 'God' did need to say such a thing... should God not have said 'enemy' instead of 'Unbelievers'... or does Allah believe that all 'Unbelievers are in fact the 'Enemy' ?

Allah, the Koran states "Do not question 'one word' of Allah or his prophets or you will face a painful doom". No religion.. no system of thought is infallible and none should be followed blindly. If Allah's followers refuse to question even one word for fear of a painful doom - then - I will be one of the ones to question - I fear not the horrific punishments (My skin will be burned off.. only to grow back again so the pain can start anew - so it is written) for daring to ask questions.

If God would have said "End all slavery now" and "Do not stone people to death" then that would have been Gods word and countless suffering would need not have occurred.
God's word should 'transcend' human history and 'human laws'. It appears that these Gods were only able to speak to the people of a certain time period - I say 'RUN' as fast as you can... from any God that teaches violence 'at all' - they do not have the best interests of their children in mind.

Now.. I understand that the 'Truth' is a combination of 'Everything' and I mean these Gods or their followers no ill will. The door is always open.... take a peak inside. Reach up....and take the hand of God.... you will be lifted to the heavens. May the light of the Father shine upon you.. and keep you safe for the remainder of your days.

Last edited:

Judgment

Bouncing Ball: How can "truth" be combination of 1 thing? Unless you want to break up "everything" into several parts, but I thought that was exactly what you didn't want to do
The 'Truth' is not a combination of 1 thing - it is a combination of everything.

Bouncing Ball: Besides, you didn't describe "God", you described "everything".
In describing everything - I am in fact describing God.

Judgment

Me: "Yahweh, The OT states that if you work the Sabbath... your male or female 'slave' should not do any work ?? You did not think slavery to be wrong?"

I mispoke - There was no working on the Sabbath. Should have been...

"Yahweh, The OT states that you should not work the Sabbath...and - your male or female 'slave' should also not do any work ?? You did not think slavery to be wrong?"

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
The 'Truth' is not a combination of 1 thing - it is a combination of everything.

In describing everything - I am in fact describing God.

You are constantly renaming the same thing. Technically you are now calling God the same as "Truth".
Why is it you want to call "everything" "God"? Can't you see it is nothing but a wordchange?

Judgment

Bouncing Ball: You are constantly renaming the same thing. Technically you are now calling God the same as "Truth".
The 'Truth' and 'Everything' both describe God.

Bouncing Ball: Why is it you want to call "everything" "God"? Can't you see it is nothing but a wordchange?
I say that God is Everything. I have not changed the word God.

Beaudreaux

Of course not - their God's are large in their eyes - but - small in terms of the God I speak of. Yahweh & Allah exist outside of the human race - they have realms of existence that are outside of themselves. The God I speak of includes these God's, includes Heaven & Hell - includes everything - the size is infinite. These Gods are only ‘part’ of the God I speak of. The Jewish God exists outside of the known Universe – The Christian God is the Jewish God. The God I speak of.. there is nothing outside.

This is easier said than done. Yahweh claims to be the ONLY God. Allah claims to be the ONLY God. To claim that both exist as part of a larger God goes against logic and is akin to claiming that there are square circles.
Of course. That does not mean that other Gods are not correct.
Got it. You believe that the other conceptions of God can be correct.

However - Other God's are easy to defeat.

Yahweh & Allah... the two that speak as spoiled rotten angry children - I challenge them to a game of reason.For, theirs is the realm of self righteous glory and theirs is the realm of the horrific story.
Behold the glory! Behold the story!

Yahweh, The OT states that you should not work the Sabbath...and - your male or female 'slave' should also not do any work ?? You did not think slavery to be wrong?

Yahweh, The OT states that working the Sabbath or being disrespectful to ones parents are crimes that require a punishment of 'Death'... If you would have told me that this is the word of God and I must obey - I would have told you to F Off!

Yahweh and Allah, The OT and the Koran state that Adulterer's should be stoned to 'Death'... I shake my head in disbelief.

Allah, the Koran states " 'Kill' 'Unbelievers' wherever you find them"... Even if this was said only at a time of war.. and 'God' did need to say such a thing... should God not have said 'enemy' instead of 'Unbelievers'... or does Allah believe that all 'Unbelievers are in fact the 'Enemy' ?

Allah, the Koran states "Do not question 'one word' of Allah or his prophets or you will face a painful doom". No religion.. no system of thought is infallible and none should be followed blindly. If Allah's followers refuse to question even one word for fear of a painful doom - then - I will be one of the ones to question - I fear not the horrific punishments (My skin will be burned off.. only to grow back again so the pain can start anew - so it is written) for daring to ask questions.

If God would have said "End all slavery now" and "Do not stone people to death" then that would have been Gods word and countless suffering would need not have occurred.
God's word should 'transcend' human history and 'human laws'. It appears that these Gods were only able to speak to the people of a certain time period - I say 'RUN' as fast as you can... from any God that teaches violence 'at all' - they do not have the best interests of their children in mind.

....wait. :shrug: So, you believe that these conceptions of God are incorrect and that your conception is correct. Didn't you criticize such thinking in post #145:
There is only ‘one way’ according to many holy books – and unfortunately, once one becomes a follower of such dogma, that dogma becomes part of them, and when they hear something, anything that does not match with that belief system they will only say – That is wrong! My Way is the only Way! – My Truth is the only Truth! – My God is the only God!

Aren't you also saying that your conception of God is the only correct one?

Now.. I understand that the 'Truth' is a combination of 'Everything' and I mean these Gods or their followers no ill will. The door is always open.... take a peak inside. Reach up....and take the hand of God.... you will be lifted to the heavens. May the light of the Father shine upon you.. and keep you safe for the remainder of your days.
Again, this seems like a call for people to "'RUN' as fast as you can" from the conceptions of God that differ from yours.

Last edited:

Runewolf1973

Materialism/Animism
It is so utterly simple is it not? If everything that exists is my "God", then at least I don't have to try and "convert" anyone.:D Anyways, if thought is part of this existence, then all Gods that were ever conceived or thought of are equally a part of this existence. All is "God" with many different names and likenesses. If any God claims that he is truly infinite, should he not be all these things as well? Infinity should not and can not be limited by names or cultures or books or anything for that matter.

Last edited:

Runewolf1973

Materialism/Animism
Words have limitations. What is the point of putting a word to something that is limitless? Call it whatever you want, it still is what it is. Why haggle over mere words or definitions? Seems pointless.:shrug:

Judgment

Beaudreaux: This is easier said than done. Yahweh claims to be the ONLY God. Allah claims to be the ONLY God. To claim that both exist as part of a larger God goes against logic and is akin to claiming that there are square circles.
The only logic it goes against is the beliefs of these Gods. I do not share their logic.

Beaudreaux: ....wait. :shrug: So, you believe that these conceptions of God are incorrect and that your conception is correct. Didn't you criticize such thinking in post #145:
I believe they are correct for the believers of such. As my conception of God is right for me.

Beaudreaux:Aren't you also saying that your conception of God is the only correct one?

it is correct for the God I speak of.
Post 149: What I say is what I believe - I know how it is perceived – "Your God is only ‘part’ of God", "Your Truth is only ‘part’ of the Truth", "Your way is ‘not’ the only way".. – however - I have denied no path as being a true path, I have denied no God as being a true God, I have denied no person their right to choose - I have said that the Truth is a combination of Everything, I have said that I truly enjoy the thoughts of all Religions and the thoughts of all Atheists and Agnostics, and – I have said that I am ‘part’ of God – but no more than anyone else - We all share in the Miracle that needs no written words in order to see the blaze of light. But, of course, there are written words that can be described as a blaze of light – and..If it be your will.. read them and learn from them and may they guide those and light the path for those that have trusted them on their journey.

Beaudreaux: Again, this seems like a call for people to "'RUN' as fast as you can" from the conceptions of God that differ from yours.

No - I said to run as fast as you can from Gods that teach violence 'at all'.

Judgment

Runewolf1973: It is so utterly simple is it not? If everything that exists is my "God", then at least I don't have to try and "convert" anyone.:D Anyways, if thought is part of this existence, then all Gods that were ever conceived or thought of are equally a part of this existence. All is "God" with many different names and likenesses. If any God claims that he is truly infinite, should he not be all these things as well? Infinity should not and can not be limited by names or cultures or books or anything for that matter.
Agree my brother. But the simplicity is lost on many.

Judgment

Beadreaux: Gotta finish that thought, bro. What is the purpose in your mind of making "God" another word for "Everything"?
Again - I use the word 'Everything' to describe God.

Beaudreaux

Words have limitations. What is the point of putting a word to something that is limitless? Call it whatever you want, it still is what it is. Why haggle over mere words or definitions? Seems pointless.:shrug:
You believe it is pointless for Judgement to try and explain his viewpoint?

Judgment

Runewolf: Words have limitations. What is the point of putting a word to something that is limitless? Call it whatever you want, it still is what it is. Why haggle over mere words or definitions? Seems pointless.:shrug:
Agree. Some can not get past asking the same question again and again.

Beaudreaux

(speaking of other conceptions of God)I believe they are correct for the believers of such. As my conception of God is right for me.
So...neither of you is TRULY right or wrong. It's just your opinions?

I have denied no path as being a true path, I have denied no God as being a true God,
But....didn't you say:
Other God's are easy to defeat -Yahweh & Allah... the two that speak as spoiled rotten angry children - I challenge them to a game of reason.For, theirs is the realm of self righteous glory and theirs is the realm of the horrific story.

But let's put aside your past words for the moment which seem to contradict. Your basic premise is a square circle.
  • People who believe Allah is the only, one and true God are correct
  • You, who do not believe Allah is the only, one and true God are also correct.
Logic says that "A" and "Not A" cannot both be true. But you seem to say that they can.

Runewolf1973

Materialism/Animism
You believe it is pointless for Judgement to try and explain his viewpoint?

No. It is pointless for someone to criticize his viewpoint or belief merely based on the words he chooses to describe it with. Everything is God. It is how I would describe it also. As soon as you put a definition to something, it becomes finite. What I believe in is infinite and beyond any definition. Words can come close to describing it, but that's about it. Cease it to be the mind of Man and you will know the mind of "God". Man's mind is riddled with flawed perceptions, in the stillness of which lies Truth.

Last edited:

Beaudreaux

No. It is pointless for someone to criticize his viewpoint or belief merely based on the words he chooses to describe it with.
Well...it's all I've got. How else can I hope to understand his worldview unless I look at his description of it?
Everything is God. It is how I would describe it also. As soon as you put a definition to something, it becomes finite. What I believe in is infinite and beyond any definition. Words can come close to describing it, but that's about it.
If words cannot describe it, how do you tell others about it?