• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God

Bishadi

Small Earthquake in the town I grew up in - Rockaway - last night. I only live a few towns over so I felt the commotion. Hopefully I haven't angered The Almighty with my rambling.

In jest... :)

Earthquake Rattles New Jersey | NBC New York

don't believe 'existence' would be anything but appreciative of the "gifts" you are sharing with the 'children'

seems, you may just live longer; by the 'splashes' you leave by choice

it seems most every contributer this earth ever knew, had the same kind of moxy; the intent of truth and willing to give of themselves to share what has been learned.

Need we even compare names?

No one needs to tell the 'good' how to live, their honest enough to do it all by themselves. (self-reflection keeps the selfishness away) As to arm each child with truth of reality, then each can know equally. (who would ever need policing, if within, each was aware of the truth and what life is within existence?)

What a fine soldier of Peace you make. (a roll model that is alive walking around)

:bow: i bow to your intent and gifts you share............ please put that head in a copy machine and hit a big number........ perhaps 144k

me on the western side of this taco stand, you take up the east; when the fireworks start, see you on the hill in Taos ;)

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
It takes away the meaning of how people perceive God. The perception most have is of a very small God.

Actually, your definition takes away a lot from God as well. Because it just makes it "everything".. Everything did not create or listen for example..

Judgment

Bouncing Ball: Well, as we allready have a word for everything, one could say it's nothing more than a replacement of words giving it no more meaning... Not really nothing, but pretty close to it..

BTW, if God is everything, I think there are a lot less atheists than we think. Because most atheists tend to believe in "everything".
Atheists believe in no type of God. The 'Truth' is a combination of 'Everything'.

May God bless the weak and the weary, the hungry and the cold, the sad and the lonely the lost and the frightened… May the joy engulf them and keep them safe for the remainder of their days. And may God bless you, the written story, the open book, the singing of the angels and the song with the hook – Hallelujah !

Judgment

Bouncing Ball: Actually, your definition takes away a lot from God as well. Because it just makes it "everything".. Everything did not create or listen for example..
How do you know that 'Everything' did not create or listen ?

You are speaking of God as 'you' believe God exists.

There is only ‘one way’ according to many holy books – and unfortunately, once one becomes a follower of such dogma, that dogma becomes part of them, and when they hear something, anything that does not match with that belief system they will only say – That is wrong! My Way is the only Way! – My Truth is the only Truth! – My God is the only God!

Beaudreaux

Well, as we allready have a word for everything, one could say it's nothing more than a replacement of words giving it no more meaning... Not really nothing, but pretty close to it..

BTW, if God is everything, I think there are a lot less atheists than we think. Because most atheists tend to believe in "everything".
I believe in everything.....everywhere....pretty much all the time. :)

Beaudreaux

It takes away the meaning of how people perceive God. The perception most have is of a very small God.

Omnipotent...Omniscient....Omnipresent.....very small

[Sesame stree music] One of these things is not like the others. One of these things just doesn't belong. :)

I do not know of any religions that have a tiny conception of God.

There is only ‘one way’ according to many holy books – and unfortunately, once one becomes a follower of such dogma, that dogma becomes part of them, and when they hear something, anything that does not match with that belief system they will only say – That is wrong! My Way is the only Way! – My Truth is the only Truth! – My God is the only God!
Do you believe your view of God is correct?

Judgment

Bishadi: don't believe 'existence' would be anything but appreciative of the "gifts" you are sharing with the 'children'

seems, you may just live longer; by the 'splashes' you leave by choice

it seems most every contributer this earth ever knew, had the same kind of moxy; the intent of truth and willing to give of themselves to share what has been learned.

Need we even compare names?

No one needs to tell the 'good' how to live, their honest enough to do it all by themselves. (self-reflection keeps the selfishness away) As to arm each child with truth of reality, then each can know equally. (who would ever need policing, if within, each was aware of the truth and what life is within existence?)

What a fine soldier of Peace you make. (a roll model that is alive walking around)

:bow: i bow to your intent and gifts you share............ please put that head in a copy machine and hit a big number........ perhaps 144k

me on the western side of this taco stand, you take up the east; when the fireworks start, see you on the hill in Taos ;)

Thanks Bishadi - we are all just fellow travellers on this journey together - it is I that bows to you. :bow:

What I say is what I believe - I know how it is perceived – "Your God is only ‘part’ of God", "Your Truth is only ‘part’ of the Truth", "Your way is ‘not’ the only way".. – however - I have denied no path as being a true path, I have denied no God as being a true God, I have denied no person their right to choose - I have said that the Truth is a combination of Everything, I have said that I truly enjoy the thoughts of all Religions and the thoughts of all Atheists and Agnostics, and – I have said that I am ‘part’ of God – but no more than anyone else - We all share in the Miracle that needs no written words in order to see the blaze of light. But, of course, there are written words that can be described as a blaze of light – and..If it be your will.. read them and learn from them and may they guide those and light the path for those that have trusted them on their journey.

Bishadi

Actually, your definition takes away a lot from God as well. Because it just makes it "everything".. Everything did not create or listen for example..

it seems that nothing can take from God, but that 'we' the children, within existence can begin to understand God (existence)

if anything, we honor existence by loving HIM enough to learn beyond our own understanding

remember a long time back, god raised the sun from the east and them took it to the underworld; then an 'idea' was observed that the sun was pretty stationary and the earth turned on an axis

so i ask, was anything taken from God?

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
Atheists believe in no type of God. The 'Truth' is a combination of 'Everything'.

How can "truth" be combination of 1 thing? Unless you want to break up "everything" into several parts, but I thought that was exactly what you didn't want to do :confused:

Besides, you didn't describe "God", you described "everything".

Last edited:

Judgment

Willamena: Then perfection has flaws.
Perfection has no flaws. If broken up in to pieces the flaws are evident. When combined and not separated the flaws become an illusion that can be glimpsed around.

challupa

On a completely unrelated note, how do you guys get your profile picture to show with your posts?
Go into user CP, click on edit avatar. It takes you to a page where you can either choose one of their avatars or scroll down and you can browse your computer for the picture you have. Click on it and the location should show up and select it. Hit save and it should show up for you. Hope this helps, it's what I did anyway and it seemed to work:)