• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Her penis" - not at all Orwellian - argh

McBell

Admiral Obvious
I apologize. That claim came from icehorse. It’s hard to keep the bigots straight (pun intended.
Not entirely:

When the choice comes down to anti-trans or anti-child, I’m choosing anti-trans without remorse.
Outside your own mind, when has it come down to anti-trans or anti-child?
I just explicitly said when it comes to introducing chaos into the social world, especially in environments where children are like schools.

Children are not blank slates and gender is a core aspect of the social world. I don’t want to overstate the amount of chaos being introduced to children through trans language, but it’s definitely happening.
So only in your and like minded mind?

Firenze

Premium Member
If everyone was just super nice, we would have a paradise of world peace, right? This is the reality of the world?

You keep this worldview and we’ll see which one us authors the future. I want paradise in this world too, but I don’t share your naivety.

The fragility of the trans population is not because they’re socially fragile. It’s a meaning crisis.
Nobody has to be ‘super nice’. You seem to think an expectation of simple human decency in regards to innocent trans children and adults is ‘naive’. That says a lot about you.

The fragility of the trans community is due to their being demonized. Jews can explain to you how that works.

Firenze

Premium Member
NO ONE KNOWS how an individual's GD will resolve (or not), until after puberty. NO ONE.
Cool. So with puberty as early as 8 for girls and 10 for boys, we can agree that the child, their parents, and medical experts are in a position to make valid decisions once puberty is attained.

Tamino

Question for those here: which treatment is preferable?

A) A treatment where suicidal ideation in the trans population is cured, but gender identity is not affirmed?
Sorry, I am not enough into the English language version of this debate I think... I honestly don't understand.
Suicidal ideation? Is that the same as suicidal tendencies?
How do you define "cured" - they're content? They're still alive? No longer feel trans?

And by "gender identity not affirmed" you mean that the persons gender is ambiguous? Not yet determined? Their body not changed?

If you can explain, I can give you my answer...

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
I apologize. That claim came from icehorse. It’s hard to keep the bigots straight (pun intended.

Nice personal attack, especially coming from the author of such an endless stream of strawman.

It's quite easy to insult people when you misrepresent their arguments.

icehorse

Premium Member
Cool. So with puberty as early as 8 for girls and 10 for boys, we can agree that the child, their parents, and medical experts are in a position to make valid decisions once puberty is attained.
I would say after puberty and adolescence.

What is your rush? Have you considered the ramifications of rushing a confused kid to sign up for a lifetime of medical complications for no reason?

What is your rush??

Firenze

Premium Member
I would say after puberty and adolescence.

What is your rush? Have you considered the ramifications of rushing a confused kid to sign up for a lifetime of medical complications for no reason?

What is your rush??
But you’ve already allowed that a child through with puberty is no longer confused. Now you want to move the goalpost and require they get through adolescence. You can’t seem to be consistent with your own positions. I begin to believe that you don’t give a rats *** about the kids. What’s your next position. They should wait until they’re eligible for Medicare? Your tortured reasoning makes you unworthy of being taken seriously.

icehorse

Premium Member
But you’ve already allowed that a child through with puberty is no longer confused. Now you want to move the goalpost and require they get through adolescence. You can’t seem to be consistent with your own positions. I begin to believe that you don’t give a rats *** about the kids. What’s your next position. They should wait until they’re eligible for Medicare? Your tortured reasoning makes you unworthy of being taken seriously.

Forgive the error, in many posts I have advocated waiting thru puberty and adolescence.

That said, tell me what your rush is? Does me making a slight error somehow excuse your rush??

So again, what's the rush?

icehorse

Premium Member
Or simply promoting freedom, rights, equality, and empathy. Why do you hate these things?

All good things, but not at the expense of women and confused gay kids.

Why not pursue all of those things without making it zero-sum, which is the nature of much of the trans activist's agenda.

For example, why can't we just say that a trans woman is a trans woman?
Why can't we say that there are two sexes and infinite personalities?
Why can't we allow lesbians to just be same sex attracted?

icehorse

Premium Member
Oh, nice!
I mean, dousing her in Tomato Juice was one step to far... I would not physically touch any political opponent.
But showing up at a public rally and protesting against it? That's not violence, that's expression of free speech and public debate.

Terfs always say that they are trying to protect women. But there seems to be quite a large number of women who don't want to be "protected" in this way... Perhaps because they don't feel threatened by trans people?
what part of "just one example" was unclear to you?

and is your take away that all that happened was the juice?
did the breaking down of the police barriers escape your notice?
how about being surrounded by a mob, that good with you?
where did you get those glasses?