• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Her penis" - not at all Orwellian - argh

Treasure Hunter

Can you show that your scenarios is occurring anywhere at all? Can you show that's how gender dysphoria presents itself? Can you show this is how the process plays out with parents, psychiatrists/psychologists and doctors?
I don't see the point in addressing it otherwise.

We've already been down this road with homosexuality, as I said.
There are activists who say a child that young should be able to transition. There are no low-end age limits in psychiatric assessments I’ve seen, only requiring parent permission. There are plenty of examples of parents, especially white women, who clearly encourage their child to adopt a trans identity. There are examples of medical professionals who have proudly cleared hundreds of minors for transition surgery.

Homosexuality does not promote child genital surgery as a medical treatment option.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
There are activists who say a child that young should be able to transition.
Which has what, exactly to do with your scenario?
There are no low-end age limits in psychiatric assessments I’ve seen, only requiring parent permission. There are plenty of examples of parents, especially white women, who clearly encourage their child to adopt a trans identity. There are examples of medical professionals who have proudly cleared hundreds of minors for transition surgery.
Where? Who? And why?

Why do you think, you, as an outsider, are more qualified to inject YOUR opinion on the people involved when you know absolutely nothing about them whatsoever? Why do you have anything to do with other peoples' personal matters on this subject?
Homosexuality does not promote child genital surgery as a medical treatment option.
You're not getting what I'm saying. And reinforcing it at the same time.

We used to hear that "the gays" are trying to convert our children to homosexuality (as though that's even possible to begin with). Why? Who knows. Nobody could ever say. Because it wasn't happening. Instead, it was just people fearmongering about people who are different. Same deal here. Now we hear teachers, parents, psychiatrists, you name it, are actively pushing this on the kids. And proudly so, according to you! They want them to be trans! Why? Who knows. You won't say. Same fearmongering tactic, with just a different group of people. Not to mention that mental health professionals pushing this onto people who aren't trans goes against their whole reason for existence. But they must be evil transgender pushers too, because ... who knows.

Treasure Hunter

Which has what, exactly to do with your scenario?

Where? Who? And why?

Why do you think, you, as an outsider, are more qualified to inject YOUR opinion on the people involved when you know absolutely nothing about them whatsoever? Why do you have anything to do with other peoples' personal matters on this subject?

You're not getting what I'm saying. And reinforcing it at the same time.

We used to hear that "the gays" are trying to convert our children to homosexuality (as though that's even possible to begin with). Why? Who knows. Nobody could ever say. Because it wasn't happening. Instead, it was just people fearmongering about people who are different. Same deal here. Now we hear teachers, parents, psychiatrists, you name it, are actively pushing this on the kids. And proudly so, according to you! They want them to be trans! Why? Who knows. You won't say. Same fearmongering tactic, with just a different group of people. Not to mention that mental health professionals pushing this onto people who aren't trans goes against their whole reason for existence. But they must be evil transgender pushers too, because ... who knows.
I’ve already said, the activists and advocates who are pushing trans do it because they derive meaning from advocating on behalf of the marginalized. They are self interested. This isn’t fear-mongering just because you can’t or don’t want to see the parasitic aspect of this issue.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
I’ve already said, the activists and advocates who are pushing trans do it because they derive meaning from advocating on behalf of the marginalized. They are self interested. This isn’t fear-mongering just because you can’t or don’t want to see the parasitic aspect of this issue.
You're just making the same claim again.

There weren't any trans activists in your scenario either.

McBell

Admiral Obvious

Tamino

This all smacks of the same kinds of things we used to (and still do) hear about gay people converting your children to be gay. Except now we've replaced "gay" with transgender.
I hadn't looked at it like this... but yes, you're right. It sounds like the same discussion.

If you go back further in time... wasn't there the same one about feminism as well?
Something like:
"those modern women activists, wearing trousers, smoking cigarettes and cutting their hair short - what is the world coming to? They will encourage our good wifes and daughters to act out, this cannot be accepted!!
I mean, I am not hateful, no, just the opposite: I am just concerned for their safety and happiness! This women's rights thing is just not natural. They will go and throw away their chastity, but in a few years they'll regret it for sure. I am just looking out for them."

Yeah, sounds familiar...

Colt

Have you read the list and associated links? Took me a while to get through it all and I'm still not seeing the problem.

I'm not sure how gender is any advantage in a lot of the sports... golf, darts and snooker. My wife has beaten me at all 3.
In golf the strength of a man dressed as a women will have an advantage, weightlifting, wrestling, swimming etc. Maybe if they stay in the sports as the men that they are it would be more acceptable, at least until this fad fades away.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
In golf the strength of a man dressed as a women will have an advantage, weightlifting, wrestling, swimming etc. Maybe if they stay in the sports as the men that they are it would be more acceptable, at least until this fad fades away.

This "fad" has been around for millennia: Transgender history - Wikipedia

You know what does fade away? Religious and superstitious nonsense. What you cling to is destined for the dustbin of history.

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
I don’t think it’s about hate at all. It’s about truth and reality.
Do you care about truth and reality or do you care about what your faith says is truth and reality?

Do you know the truth and reality of what a trans person has to go through both social and psychologically?

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
I hadn't looked at it like this... but yes, you're right. It sounds like the same discussion.

If you go back further in time... wasn't there the same one about feminism as well?
Something like:
"those modern women activists, wearing trousers, smoking cigarettes and cutting their hair short - what is the world coming to? They will encourage our good wifes and daughters to act out, this cannot be accepted!!
I mean, I am not hateful, no, just the opposite: I am just concerned for their safety and happiness! This women's rights thing is just not natural. They will go and throw away their chastity, but in a few years they'll regret it for sure. I am just looking out for them."

Yeah, sounds familiar...
It's a fairly common practice throughout history for reactions against social progression to be cloaked in this kind of language. It wasn't uncommon to see signs like these at protests against desegregating schools and busses:

images

Source: Historicizing White Nostalgia: Race and American Fordism

5608.jpg

Source: From Jim Crow to Buffalo, replacement theory’s trail of destruction runs across American history | Michael Harriot

And this was in the SEVENTIES. Nowadays we wouldn't think twice that a person opposing desegregation with a sign that read "whites have rights" was anything other than a bigot, but back then it was fairly common for people to argue against desegregation by claiming "I'm not against black people, I'm just against the erosion of white people's rights". The same framing still exists today, where the expansion of rights of minority groups is seen (or, at least, argued) by many to be an imposition on the rights of the majority, so I am always skeptical when people wheel out arguments akin to "I don't hate trans people, I just want to protect women's rights".

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
It's a fairly common practice throughout history for reactions against social progression to be cloaked in this kind of language. It wasn't uncommon to see signs like these at protests against desegregating schools and busses:

images

Source: Historicizing White Nostalgia: Race and American Fordism

5608.jpg

Source: From Jim Crow to Buffalo, replacement theory’s trail of destruction runs across American history | Michael Harriot

And this was in the SEVENTIES. Nowadays we wouldn't think twice that a person opposing desegregation with a sign that read "whites have rights" was anything other than a bigot, but back then it was fairly common for people to argue against desegregation by claiming "I'm not against black people, I'm just against the erosion of white people's rights". The same framing still exists today, where the expansion of rights of minority groups is seen (or, at least, argued) by many to be an imposition on the rights of the majority, so I am always skeptical when people wheel out arguments akin to "I don't hate trans people, I just want to protect women's rights".
It seems to be a common tactic for those who victimize others to pretend that they're the ones being victimized whenever they're prevented from victimizing others, and to pretend that they're the ones on the defensive while laying siege to the rights and liberty of others.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
If that's how you interpret it then I encourage you to report it as such.
Naw. I'll just let your antics stay out in the open for everybody to see and anyone reading the forum postings can judge for themselves what they think on the basis of such behaviors.

I'm also not a proponent of censorship for trying to quiet people and control what anyone has on their mind so the report button for me is non existent with exception made to spammers and bots.