• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Her penis" - not at all Orwellian - argh

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
I do care. Most trans individuals also suffer from various other mental and/or emotional issues; autism, eating disorders, phobias, or others. That’s why I think it’s more helpful for them to have real help in dealing with their situation in a wholistic way and helping them become comfortable in their biological body, rather than shoving them through transitioning with life altering drugs or surgeries.
What is your position based on? Is there evidence that states that every one of them CAN become comfortable in their biological body? Have you spoken to trans people on this forum about it and what they think?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I do care. Most trans individuals also suffer from various other mental and/or emotional issues; autism, eating disorders, phobias, or others. That’s why I think it’s more helpful for them to have real help in dealing with their situation in a wholistic way and helping them become comfortable in their biological body, rather than shoving them through transitioning with life altering drugs or surgeries.

No one is "shoving them". And how is it that you supposedly know more about their condition than the teens, the parents, and their doctors?

Tamino

No one is "shoving them". And how is it that you supposedly know more about their condition than the teens, the parents, and their doctors?
Exactly that. It's not "shoving", it's "putting up obstacles"
I am not sure how other countries handle it, but here in Germany, you need to jump through a lot of bureaucratic hoops before you'd ever get surgery. You need psychotherapy and a doctor's assessment to even get started on any hormones, and then there's plenty more steps before a surgery would be permitted. Honestly, just living through all of the paperwork and applications kinda proves that you really, really mean it...

wellwisher

I do not think it is ethical to trick young people to self sterilize. Now only people who maintain their valid biological sex, are not being sterilized. Is this about selective evolution, with the Left selecting who will be sterilized, based on who takes the bait?

The Population time bomb, was one of the sky is falling Liberal paranoia of the past. They tried all types of strategies to get people to have fewer children. They had to settle with condoms, birth control pills and abortion. They did try to push for sterilization but the Courts fought this, even for inmates and rapist. They were clever and persistent and finally figure out a way to get people to make these those choices, and not even know. This brings us to the transgender self sterilization fad; take out the guts.

The Left hangs onto unfulfilled social changes. They hated fossil fuel since the 1950's. They started with the scare of running out of fossil fuels, so people would conserve and use less. But upgrades in exploration and extraction ended this approach. They finally found the global warming and then climate change scams. This allows their old enemy to become your enemy. Sterilization was a matter of time and needed a good plausible deniability.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
I do not think it is ethical to trick young people to self sterilize.
Good thing nobody is doing that.
Why would anyone want to do this? What's the motivation??
Now only people who maintain their valid biological sex, are not being sterilized. Is this about selective evolution, with the Left selecting who will be sterilized, based on who takes the bait?
"The Left" isn't selecting anything. The people involved are - the person with gender dysphoria, their parents (if they're a minor), their psychologist/psychiatrist and their doctor(s).

The people who want to insert themselves into these decisions in place of these people are ... drumroll... Republicans! You know, the people passing bills all across the country restricting peoples' access to medical treatments.
The Population time bomb, was one of the sky is falling Liberal paranoia of the past. They tried all types of strategies to get people to have fewer children. They had to settle with condoms, birth control pills and abortion. They did try to push for sterilization but the Courts fought this, even for inmates and rapist. They were clever and persistent and finally figure out a way to get people to make these those choices, and not even know. This brings us to the transgender self sterilization fad; take out the guts.
Talk about paranoia. :rolleyes:
The Left hangs onto unfulfilled social changes. They hated fossil fuel since the 1950's. They started with the scare of running out of fossil fuels, so people would conserve and use less. But upgrades in exploration and extraction ended this approach. They finally found the global warming and then climate change scams. This allows their old enemy to become your enemy. Sterilization was a matter of time and needed a good plausible deniability.
Climate change is not a scam. This is just more paranoid conspiracy theory stuff.

Tamino

I do not think it is ethical to trick young people to self sterilize. Now only people who maintain their valid biological sex, are not being sterilized. Is this about selective evolution, with the Left selecting who will be sterilized, based on who takes the bait?
Let's assume for a moment that this isn't just crazy conspiracy myth...
If I look at the kind of families that have transitioning trans teens - those tend to be fairly liberal. Also the young adults who would like to get surgery.
If "the left" wanted to "select who will be sterilized" - shouldn't they try and keep their own people from doing it, and instead try to persuade the conservatives??

They tried all types of strategies to get people to have fewer children. They had to settle with condoms, birth control pills and abortion.
Yeah, giving people, especially women, more control over their bodies and their reproduction is pretty effective to reduce the birth rate.

But "self-sterilisation via surgery" ? That's way too expensive and slow. Let me tell you a secret.
There is a very solid correlation that pans out even in different cultures and regions. If you want people to have fewer kids: educate women.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
I wonder if there's a Web site keeping track of women who beat trans women?
Why would we care?

In general in the world we applaud people who want to "punch up". E.g., it's cool when a kid can compete against adults.

But in general we abhor people who want to "punch down". E.g., it's NOT cool if an adult wants to compete against kids.

Agreed?

So when a trans man is competing against men, they're punching up.
But when a trans woman is competing against women, they're punching down. This isn't some slam on women, we just know that men tend to be bigger and stronger than women.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Why would we care?

In general in the world we applaud people who want to "punch up". E.g., it's cool when a kid can compete against adults.

But in general we abhor people who want to "punch down". E.g., it's NOT cool if an adult wants to compete against kids.

Agreed?

So when a trans man is competing against men, they're punching up.
But when a trans woman is competing against women, they're punching down. This isn't some slam on women, we just know that men tend to be bigger and stronger than women.

I agree with the "why would we care?" bit. It's how I feel about the whole thing.

Your life must be pretty good if this is one of the things you worry about.

icehorse

Premium Member
I agree with the "why would we care?" bit. It's how I feel about the whole thing.

Your life must be pretty good if this is one of the things you worry about.

I'm not a big fan of misogyny. For society and for my wife and daughters.

You okay with misogyny?

icehorse

Premium Member
Nope not a fan. I'm also not a fan of being outraged by a non existent threat.

You should get out in the real world for a bit. Maybe go to a few sporting events.
Just a few posts ago I provided you with a detailed list of over 800 (and counting!) female athletes who have lost to male athletes in competitions designed for females only.

How is that a non existent threat? How is claiming that it's a not existent threat consistent with your claim that you're not a fan of misogyny?

And wow, just wow! Since when did anecdotal evidence gain such credibility? ( And FWIW, I coach high school boys and girls, and adult women and men, I get out in the real sports world quite a bit.)

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Just a few posts ago I provided you with a detailed list of over 800 (and counting!) female athletes who have lost to male athletes in competitions designed for females only.

How is that a non existent threat? How is claiming that it's a not existent threat consistent with your claim that you're not a fan of misogyny?

And wow, just wow! Since when did anecdotal evidence gain such credibility? ( And FWIW, I coach high school boys and girls, and adult women and men, I get out in the real sports world quite a bit.)

Wow indeed. If this is what keeps you awake at night then good luck to you. I prefer to worry about real world problems.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Here is something I worry about. 1 woman a week is murdered by her spouse in Australia. I'll worry about transgender athletes when we get that figure down to zero.

For some people taht is not nearly as important as it is to stop trans poker players from stealing wins from women.
Cause you know how much of an advantage trans women have over women in athletic sports like poker and frisbee golf....

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
For some people taht is not nearly as important as it is to stop trans poker players from stealing wins from women.
Cause you know how much of an advantage trans women have over women in athletic sports like poker and frisbee golf....

Don't forget darts, snooker and golf.

icehorse

Premium Member
Here is something I worry about. 1 woman a week is murdered by her spouse in Australia. I'll worry about transgender athletes when we get that figure down to zero.

A worthy concern, no doubt.

But wouldn't you say that misogyny is a part of you concern as well? Millions of women and girls are assaulted all over the world every year. All of these things are connected. If we say it's okay to be misogynistic in sports, why not at work and so on?

I think that anyone who is standing up for the rights of women and girls is doing fine work.