• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

homosexual

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
So you know Japanese are far from Christian influence.

I mean that there are elements of Christianity in contemporary Japanese culture. Not your Christianity, but other forms.

Though, good on them for that. They're among the few who can embrace the modern world while keeping with their traditional values.

Riverwolf

Premium Member
Are tongues for eating or talking? Surely not kissing? That MUST be so wrong we won't even discuss doing anything further with mouths or tongues :cover: If ears are for listening and noses are for smelling, then it must be wrong for me to use them in any other way, say...to hold up my glasses. Tell me, just what are my hands meant to touch and meant to do anyway?

Kissing was invented by the Romans. Nobody else did it.

Meshak

I mean that there are elements of Christianity in contemporary Japanese culture. Not your Christianity, but other forms.

Though, good on them for that. They're among the few who can embrace the modern world while keeping with their traditional values.

I dont mean to bash my own country but they are typical materialistic nation. I am not so proud of it. That is what it is about non-believing world. This is my Christian point of view.

Last edited:

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Seems a good beginner course in basic anatomy would serve as a much needed precursor to your proposed course...

Good point. Maybe try asking a pharmacist what the point of rectal suppositories is since it's common sense the *** is only good for one thing.

Kerr

Are tongues for eating or talking? Surely not kissing? That MUST be so wrong we won't even discuss doing anything further with mouths or tongues :cover: If ears are for listening and noses are for smelling, then it must be wrong for me to use them in any other way, say...to hold up my glasses. Tell me, just what are my hands meant to touch and meant to do anyway?
Not to mention that people sometimes uses their mouth for sex :eek:.

Riverwolf

Premium Member
I dont mean to bash my own country but they are typical materialistic nation. I am not so proud of it. That is what it is about non-believing world. This is my Christian point of view.

Heh. No worries. Compared to what I often have to say about MY birthland (USA), that's quite the complement. :p

Meshak

Heh. No worries. Compared to what I often have to say about MY birthland (USA), that's quite the complement. :p

Do you realize your country is no different from Japan? most nations are materialistic and even undeveloped nations are aiming to be materialistic. This is the reality of the world. It is sad to me.

Riverwolf

Premium Member
Do you realize your country is no different from Japan? most nations are materialistic and even undeveloped nations are aiming to be materialistic. This is the reality of the world. It is sad to me.

Dude, I WISH my birthland was more like Japan. At least you guys have a heritage, courtesy, general friendliness, honor, etc. When the tsunami hit, it made national news that people helped each other and did everything they could to help in anyway they could. When Hurricane Katrina hit us, people looted each other and the government took several days to get any help there.

Sure, we're both materialistic, but at least you guys aren't made up of backstabbing thieves.

I call the States my birthland, as I have no other connection with this place. My countries are Ireland, England (and thus by extension Germania), and Athens, as they're where my people are from.

Riverwolf

Premium Member
Don't forget xenophobia/racism, misogyny, and social acceptance of pedophilia (lolicon).

I will point out, however, that they are making some progress in the former two, as they aren't as bad as they were (though they still have some ways to go). Besides, as a small island nation that was never a major point of worldwide immigration, the xenophobia/racism is kind of to be expected.

As for lolicon... all I can say is: stay classy, Japan. (Though last I checked, it wasn't so much socially accepted as much as allowed in media, much like homosexuality, which is all over the place in anime and hentai, but last I checked, wasn't socially accepted.)

Though, really, when it comes to Japan's problems, the biggest one right now is the fact that students are committing suicide because they're getting Bs instead of As.

Meshak

Don't forget xenophobia/racism, misogyny, and social acceptance of pedophilia (lolicon).

I agree, Japan dont seem hardly have any homosexuals. I dont get why west is so uptight about this sexuality. It is just crazy to me.

That's why I believe homosexuality is a choice and learned behavior, not born with it.

Meshak

Though, really, when it comes to Japan's problems, the biggest one right now is the fact that students are committing suicide because they're getting Bs instead of As.

They commit suicide because of too much expectation from their parents and the society.

Meshak

Dude, I WISH my birthland was more like Japan. At least you guys have a heritage, courtesy, general friendliness, honor, etc. When the tsunami hit, it made national news that people helped each other and did everything they could to help in anyway they could. When Hurricane Katrina hit us, people looted each other and the government took several days to get any help there.

Sure, we're both materialistic, but at least you guys aren't made up of backstabbing thieves.

I call the States my birthland, as I have no other connection with this place. My countries are Ireland, England (and thus by extension Germania), and Athens, as they're where my people are from.

You get this impression because Japanese are kind to foreigners. Just dont forget they can be as cruel as the rest of the world. Remember WW2.

Riverwolf

Premium Member
I agree, Japan dont seem hardly have any homosexuals. I dont get why west is so uptight about this sexuality. It is just crazy to me.

That's why I believe homosexuality is a choice and learned behavior, not born with it.

Homosexuality is asbolutely a born behavior. But because it's not socially acceptable in Japan, those who are homosexual aren't going to be open about it.

In truth, the ratio of gay people to straight people in Japan would likely be about the same as that of any geographically small nation with a sizable population.

They commit suicide because of too much expectation from their parents and the society.

I know. That's the point.

You get this impression because Japanese are kind to foreigners. Just dont forget they can be as cruel as the rest of the world. Remember WW2.

Where are the ones who were responsible for the atrocities committed several decades ago in a Japan that's virtually unrecognizable today, and where in modern Japanese politics (which is always separate from the people and culture) do their legacies survive?

Besides, that kindness to each other after the tsunami wasn't to foreigners, but to countrymen.

Last edited: